Assists on popping BV/spell shields.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kakyoin Noriaki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I was playing as Leona and I used her ultimate to pop a Sivir's spell shield. My team killed her, but I got no assist from it.

I'm curious to know if this is intentional or not. Isn't popping a spell shield/BV somewhat strategic? For example, if your Annie wants to Flash in and stun-nuke a target that has BV up, Leona could use her ultimate to pop it first, then Annie can Flash-stun-nuke in to secure a kill.

I'm not complaining that I didn't get an assist, I'm just interested to see what the logic and intention is behind this.

Kakyoin Noriaki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Bumping only once.

Wulfestopheles

10-09-2012

Why not use her gap closer to pop it instead, then the ulti to stun?

Neh

Recruiter

10-09-2012

You used an ultimate to pop sivir's shield? wtf l0l

Nosef

10-09-2012

I would agree that it should grant you the assist, but I can see how it could very easily be overlooked in the game coding since you aren't actually affecting the champion, just the item. IE the game reads it as you casting your ult on BV/Ability, and so you never get "tagged" as interacting with the enemy champion for the assist credit.

ZamielVanWeber

10-09-2012

Her spell shield ate your spell. You didn't do anything to her, so there is nothing for the game to see that you did anything worthy of an assist.

CBlazer

10-09-2012

Popping a spellshield seems assist-worthy to me. Sounds like an overlooked quirk in the code. (not exactly a "bug")

Ixionas

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neh View Post
You used an ultimate to pop sivir's shield? wtf l0l
I'm sure he means she used it as his ultimate was coming down.

Shadowy1

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Popping a spellshield seems assist-worthy to me. Sounds like an overlooked quirk in the code. (not exactly a "bug")
Pretty much this. Assists only care if you did damage within X seconds, or buffed an ally that participated within that time.

Plazma7

10-09-2012

The same thing applies when an enemy team kills you without hurting. Say you're an ad and get chain cc'd and die before you can attack. Meanwhile your team is attacking and killing them. You don't get any assists because you didn't actually do anything. Since you were focused though you obviously played a large role in the fight. They used their stuff on you which could have been used elsewhere.