Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

s0le

10-09-2012

Well dang, I was unsure of this whole honor thing. But I can't argue with the statistics, its working and working well. Props to you riot, you never cease to amaze me.

Neko tan

10-09-2012

I think that helpful should be replaced by something. Skillfull or something would be a better thing to honor someone for. I just don't see a reason to honor someone for being helpful and I've never seen it.

If anything trying to help makes people angry. Any comments, Professor Lyte?

Treeke

10-09-2012

Lyte, how do you feel about knowing that honor system is just a "empty" system where the honor points are just numbers and that there won't be any "reward system" until 2013?

Also, What do you think about the rewards? do you think they will be worth, when you put them(2013 maybe may.) for having a high amount of
honor? Since It's a free game, the rewards(Which I think will be something to get increased Ip) won't be really noticiable, so maybe caring about a high honor will yield to dissapointment.

But yeah, I like the honor system, I like when someone "honored" me, but in reality I know that when somebody honored me it happened exactly nothing

AeroCross

10-09-2012

Although I find this truly exciting for the community, it only makes me wonder... Is this the foundation of the "Achievements" tab we see in the Summoner's Profile? It would be swell to have honor interacting in some way with Achievements.

HeftyChimp

10-09-2012

Hey Lyte! I have question. My Friend went to play a Coop-vs AI match the other day, and after the match he got 2 honorable opponents points! Is this possible?

Darkness4910

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Currently, players Honor for Teamwork the most.
Can you reveal the percentages? I'm really interested in this. Are there any major differences between normals and ranked? Or are they about the same?

RadamanthysLoL

10-09-2012

Love the system, keep it up

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-09-2012
12 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAzalea View Post
I'm just curious... is there any chance you'll consider allowing multiple instances of honor?
Ex: If I had a funny and awesomely skilled support in my lane?
Sometimes it's hard to pick whether I pick "Friendly" (for being amusing), "Helpful" for being an awesome lane buddy, or "teamwork" for say, being a great support for the entire team and not just myself.

I know that it would probably have to decrease the amount of honor given if split between 2 or 3 options, but I still find it really hard to choose just one sometimes!

Actually... instead of having to pick multiple... Any thoughts on just a fourth option overall for combining them? Something like "Outstanding and Friendly Teamplayer/mate?" And instead of having to lower the instances of honor by selecting more than 1 and having it be a bit spammy, having a mini boost for being honored with that 'fourth' option and being just THAT good you are worthy of more than one...?

Thoughts?
Forcing players to choose only 1 Honor category was an intentional choice we made to analyze some of the behavioral responses to Honor. In the sciences, this is known as an "Alternative Forced Choice" paradigm [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-alt..._forced_choice]

Although the Honor 'design' isn't exactly the same as a traditional 2AFC experiment, there are some similarities. Feel free to take a guess about why we chose this method

Izzabelle

10-09-2012

Oh man, Lyte. I almost exclusively play Bot games, and I almost always play a support character. I hand out Teamwork honor almost every game I think -- because people are willing to cooperate with whatever I do. (example: Alistar combos)

Some games, when we have a good run -- I honor up everyone for being awesome. But I have never "run out" of honor to give. Why is that? Am I actually giving away too little honor?

KRAUXER90

10-09-2012

yo lo veo mas como un sistema de buenos emparejamientos de jugadores, haci poder excluir a los jugadores tóxicos y dejar a los q verdad jugamos lol como algo serio ( me refiero a una sana diversion ).

ya los temas como skin y otros obsequios ya los dejo a la innovación de RIOT.