Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corrupted Wiz

10-09-2012

Hey lyte, I like your new system. However dont you think this system should have been made before the tribunal? Positive re enforcement is usually always better. If you think about it logically, you want to prevent toxic players, while tribunal only gets them after the damage is done. And when you stomp on one two more sprouts up.

Also i think you should add a "fun" honor it is much different then friendly or teamwork. Some people are neutral but make me laugh and enjoy the game so much more.

Sevgz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We don't have adjustments based on Elo. Yellowpete probably just got a lot of Honor from different strangers.
Thanks for the reply Dr Lin :P

On a side note, considering that being high elo means you will face the same opponents over and over (most likely) getting it seems to be harder. However, getting the ribbon shouldn't be the goal for those who are truly honorable.

Assimus Poundus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I really wish you guys would replace the teemo face Icon for 'friendly'. Teemo's face should be left where it belongs, backgrounding swastikas and gay-pride flags. Or the occasional Disney cameo.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-09-2012
10 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeblade View Post
I've always wondered, and this post was a little more clear or atleast aluded to it, but how can the system take into account friends who generally do make a posotive difference but honor eachother.

In a game recently my team was quite down in both gameplay and in spirit. I was in a great mood at the time due to external events and was making many in game comments from the perspective of taric which were comical. Both my team and the enemy team agreed afterward that i had made the game more enjoyable even when we were getting stomped. My friend was among the ragers on my team and told me he wished he could honor my efforts at raising spirits without it going against the system. A nearly same event happened with us in the reverse and i did not honor him for the same reason.

Is it a meaningless paranoia? Or should we not honor people we play with often for fear of it looking like trading?
If your friends are genuinely positive and a reason the game was enjoyable for others in the game, just Honor them. We'll be able to detect whether he was true positive or if you guys are just trading Honor every game.

LadyAzalea

10-09-2012

I'm just curious... is there any chance you'll consider allowing multiple instances of honor?
Ex: If I had a funny and awesomely skilled support in my lane?
Sometimes it's hard to pick whether I pick "Friendly" (for being amusing), "Helpful" for being an awesome lane buddy, or "teamwork" for say, being a great support for the entire team and not just myself.

I know that it would probably have to decrease the amount of honor given if split between 2 or 3 options, but I still find it really hard to choose just one sometimes!

Actually... instead of having to pick multiple... Any thoughts on just a fourth option overall for combining them? Something like "Outstanding and Friendly Teamplayer/mate?" And instead of having to lower the instances of honor by selecting more than 1 and having it be a bit spammy, having a mini boost for being honored with that 'fourth' option and being just THAT good you are worthy of more than one...?

Thoughts?

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-09-2012
11 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness4910 View Post
What are people honored for the most?
Currently, players Honor for Teamwork the most.

Mirana Arashi

10-09-2012

Dr. Lyte

Again , thanks for making the Honor system , I think It's a success as of right now in LoL and It's a well done job.

Now , sorry to bother you but I was wondering If you could see my case..

I have earned some Honor is all of the categories but mostly in Teamwork , and I'm not going to lie , I would really like to get a Crest , but I was wondering , For example , If I got reports in the past before the Honor system launched , does that affect my chance? I admit I got angry in some games and couldn't control myself and maybe said some not-so-nice words.. However , can you please see my case and tell me my status on It as of right now?

Thanks.

Levgre

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporadic P0tato View Post
I've never once been asked to trade honor, and I've played somewhere between 30-40 games.
I didn't say I WAS asked 10 times, I can only remember 1-2 times someone personally asked me. The rest of the times it was someone speaking in all chat saying "trade honor?"

Machine Herald

10-09-2012

Hey Dr. Lyte,

You might have already answered this in the honor mega-thread, but if someone gets tribunal banned, what happens to their honor? Do they lose all of it? Some of it, depending on the severity of the offense/frequency of reports? I assume it doesn't all stick around.

SpiderParadox

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Currently, players Honor for Teamwork the most.
Would you agree with my assessment that "Honorable Opponent" is pretty much the hardest honor to get?

If not, which one does seem to be most difficult?