I am highly disappointed in League of Legends customer service.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Montag

Player Experience Manager

10-09-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysania View Post
As a gamer myself, and the mother of gamers, I was extremely disappointed to find out that my daughter was banned from this game until the 10th simply because she had to take me to the ER, and had to disconnect from a game. After explaining this to customer service, she was told "too bad, we don't care about your excuses."
We have a system in place called LeaverBuster that detects repeated patterns of leaving. Leaving in League of Legends is different from other games: when someone leaves the game, they leave their teammates at a significant disadvantage. We understand that emergencies happen -- just like the situation you described -- and we do not ban for any one leave for that reason.

We do issue temporary suspensions for a repeated pattern of leaving within a short time because of the negative experience it creates for other players. If your original ticket didn't have enough detail, feel free to ask for more. We're happy to share it: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/

I promise you won't get a "don't let the door hit you on the way out," but you may need to ask your daughter to stick with her team more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysania View Post
consider for a moment the reach of an individual. How word of mouth can make or break a company. If you fail to treat your players with compassion, they will go elsewhere.
We do -- the majority of people who play League come with friends attached -- and I'm glad you've brought this to our attention. Our Player Support folks can probably clear it up for you.

Tires

10-09-2012

I would love to see the supposed rude message in whole that Riot sent you and the name of the user who was banned so we can see how many games she had left by that point. At this point you're just bad mouthing Riot with no backing.

OdiousMole

10-09-2012

mother/daughter? i'm smelling a potential 3some

GON the Mage Guy

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdiousMole View Post
mother/daughter? i'm smelling a potential 3some
Get out, KL2.