Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gnoevoet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We wish we could pick a time that accommodates EU fans better, but we unfortunately need to play these games as soon as we possibly can, and that's the earliest we can get everything set up and ready for broadcast without sacrificing quality or the integrity of the games. We originally set the times to accommodate EU with our 9am and noon start times, but obviously things had to be altered given Saturday's events.
Quote:
Event has got to be live, just like any other sporting event. Wouldn't be as fun if it wasn't live.
Yeah, has got to be live. Except for Europeans, ofcourse. I do understand why you don't really have the ability to pick any time you want on such short notice. However, the same cannot be said for Grand Finals. As far as your schedule is concerned, the grand finals actually start at a time even later than the matches from other days ended. It's from about 4 to 9am, and knowing Riot, anyone who stays up for it will probably have to wait till 5 before any game starts, and with breaks and such if it goes to game 5 they'll be watching till 11am.

If you really tried to accomodate Europeans, you would not have scheduled the grand finals on the very worst time possible for them.

I guess sh*t happens with all these different timezones, but Europeans having to miss part of the quarter finals, and the entire semifinals and finals? I'd really like to be wined and dined before I'm f*cked.

P.S. Least you could do to accomodate Europeans (well, anyone, really) is fix your VODs so we can actually watch the games we couldn't watch live because of unfortunate broadcasting time / timezone.

fuzzion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Also, while Im here I wanted to clarify the original post. Were investigating all instances of reported minimap looking, and reviewing all available footage. This includes the level 1 ping in the Frost/TSM game many of you have pointed out. Well have a ruling based on the results of that investigation.
But ohhh you didn't see anything? I guess it's to hard to cover up right now so you will pretend like you never said anything and now everything is good.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-09-2012
47 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzion View Post
Redhead just give over your job to someone who can handle it, you're to inexperienced.

Throwing a dice and pray that the tournament will workout is not professional and I'm afraid that I don't think you will ever be :/
Thanks for the vote of confidence my man! Working hard to prove you wrong

Achlys010

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnoevoet View Post
Yeah, has got to be live. Except for Europeans, ofcourse. I do understand why you don't really have the ability to pick any time you want on such short notice. However, the same cannot be said for Grand Finals. As far as your schedule is concerned, the grand finals actually start at a time even later than the matches from other days ended. It's from about 4 to 9am, and knowing Riot, anyone who stays up for it will probably have to wait till 5 before any game starts, and with breaks and such if it goes to game 5 they'll be watching till 11am.

If you really tried to accomodate Europeans, you would not have scheduled the grand finals on the very worst time possible for them.

I guess sh*t happens with all these different timezones, but Europeans having to miss part of the quarter finals, and the entire semifinals and finals? I'd really like to be wined and dined before I'm f*cked.
not quite fair of an accusation here, living in US meant i had to watch iem kiev on a really odd time. same thing for dreamhack 2011 which took place in switz i believe?

larkhill

10-09-2012

out of curiosity, how much of a factor is the time limit on these remakes? would you be more open to a complete do-over starting from the quarter-finals onward just based on the circumstantial evidence of what happened? or is it a case of needing a certain level of solid proof before u would even think about remaking all those games?

Lovedoll1984

10-09-2012

Just a suggestion to you RedBeard for all the EU fans out here that cant see the Live stream.
Cant you guys created a channel/page that takes you directly to the replays without giving away the results?
Its really hard to find replays in the forum without noticing or on youtube when you see "xxx vs xxx game 1of2" then you already after game 1 know who wins :/

Senaku4Athene

10-09-2012

RedBeard can you confirm Reginalds statement to there not being a remake or anything because of schedule purposes?
here is Reginalds answer to " Will there be a remake question"
A:No, unfortunately not. I'm not happy with the situation but since riot is behind schedule already, the matches must go on"
Have they already been informed about this?
Or are you guys still deliberating on this.

Caucxican

10-09-2012

Quote:
I've been at work all day, only responding intermittently to keep the fans informed of what's going on. I'm still at work and not sure when I'm leaving :*(
Can I buy YOU a pizza?

Food4Thought

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
out of curiosity, how much of a factor is the time limit on these remakes? would you be more open to a complete do-over starting from the quarter-finals onward just based on the circumstantial evidence of what happened? or is it a case of needing a certain level of solid proof before u would even think about remaking all those games?
clg eu and WE will be starting over at game 1

there will not be anything done (announced yet) to AZF due to time constraints.
(this was said by regi in a AMA - Riot said that theres not enough time nad hte finals must be met on that date ready to go.

Dazrix

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senaku4Athene View Post
RedBeard can you confirm Reginalds statement to there not being a remake or anything because of schedule purposes?
here is Reginalds answer to " Will there be a remake question"
A:No, unfortunately not. I'm not happy with the situation but since riot is behind schedule already, the matches must go on"
Have they already been informed about this?
Or are you guys still deliberating on this.
Reginald is always a whinger dude... During major tournaments, he's to arrogant to admit that his team can be knocked out by another team thats not as prestigious in fanbase.

Regi also released a vlog of what 'could' have happened, but his outrageous remarks of cheating seem to be overlooking his own team mates - he also implied all Koreans are cheats.... For that statement alone, Regi can go **** himself.

I don't think AZF should have to rematch.. I honestly believe that Riot should just not allow further matches to have potential cheating of this nature.

The alternative I've heard, is that Epik gaming is going to jump in AZF's place... Where Dyrus plays top..... If this is to go ahead, I'd be very angry at Riot.