Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoshioPeePee

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achlys010 View Post
sorry, but i didnt quite find ur conclusion abt rulings on tsm vs frost? i think the whole rematch thing is wrong. just sayin.
riot has not reached a conclusion yet, they are still investigating but think they will reach a decision before matches begin on wednesday

i also do not think that a rematch would be proper but we will see what riot decides, they have access to more sources of evidence than any of us, they are also the only totally unbiased party in this entire thing. We need to wait for and trust in their decision, whichever way it goes.

its my hope that riot does not assume frost or any other team is guilty of wrongdoing unless they are 100% certain since it is in my opinion the only fair way to approach this, however whatever riot does it will not have been in haste, they have already taken a day and will likely take another to reach their decision


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-09-2012
45 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the hand View Post
how many hours have you slept since wednesday last week?
don't even want to think about it, haha. we won't rest until the remaining games happen and are AWESOME!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Achlys010

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshioPeePee View Post
riot has not reached a conclusion yet, they are still investigating but think they will reach a decision before matches begin on wednesday

i also do not think that a rematch would be proper but we will see what riot decides, they have access to more sources of evidence than any of us, they are also the only totally unbiased party in this entire thing. We need to wait for and trust in their decision, whichever way it goes.
thank you for the response. i hope riot provides a clear explanation. it is sad now how any pics of players turning head are being used to accuse them of cheating (tpa). i bet if i found a pic of clg.eu players slightly turning their head for whateva reason (sunlight too bright, dust flew into his eyes etc), people would say OH **** eu cheating.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scubajake

Junior Member

10-09-2012

I don't know if this has been addressed, but everyone appears to be approaching this the wrong way. Firstly, I feel a DQ is too harsh a punishment for any of the teams accused of cheating because Riot slipped up and allowed the possibility in the first place.

This is the world championships people, it's about the best team winning, and in this case, earning a million dollars. Because the "proof" is both damning and inconclusive, I believe the games in question should be replayed fairly, as intended. I appreciate the inconvenience to the viewers, but in the end, this championship is about finding the best team, whilst providing an experience to the viewers, not the other way around. No disrespect to Riot, your response, attitude and ethics have been exceptional in this time and we all appreciate it.

For those telling Riot how stupid their mistakes were, how many more times do you want them to say "Yes, we know, we accept that we goofed and we are sorry"...... They understand they could have fixed this or that, it's up to them to show us they can fix it. We need to give them a chance to prove themselves, and I for one and sure they will. They have done nothing but accept their mistakes, and this is something we should appreciate.

P.s. You've been replying to these all day while I've been at work Redbeard. Would you like to swap? :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-09-2012
46 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubajake View Post
I don't know if this has been addressed, but everyone appears to be approaching this the wrong way. Firstly, I feel a DQ is too harsh a punishment for any of the teams accused of cheating because Riot slipped up and allowed the possibility in the first place.

This is the world championships people, it's about the best team winning, and in this case, earning a million dollars. Because the "proof" is both damning and inconclusive, I believe the games in question should be replayed fairly, as intended. I appreciate the inconvenience to the viewers, but in the end, this championship is about finding the best team, whilst providing an experience to the viewers, not the other way around. No disrespect to Riot, your response, attitude and ethics have been exceptional in this time and we all appreciate it.

For those telling Riot how stupid their mistakes were, how many more times do you want them to say "Yes, we know, we accept that we goofed and we are sorry"...... They understand they could have fixed this or that, it's up to them to show us they can fix it. We need to give them a chance to prove themselves, and I for one and sure they will. They have done nothing but accept their mistakes, and this is something we should appreciate.

P.s. You've been doing replying to these all day while I've been at work Redbeard. Would you like to swap? :P
I've been at work all day, only responding intermittently to keep the fans informed of what's going on. I'm still at work and not sure when I'm leaving :*(


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yum yum

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achlys010 View Post
well it depends on if riot determines frost's woong to be actually cheating or not(random ping at where tsm was). this has nothing to do with tpa (unless its also determined that they somehow cheated). granting tsm another chance=/=granting NJ another chance if its completely different issue right?

personally i dont think there shud be remake at all. matches are played, results should be final, at least in professional sports that is. nvr seen a final baseball match go on to have its scores changed because of a bad/missed call.
I agree there should be no remake... I also don't think azf is guilty, just as you dont think tsa is, so don't interpret it as me bashing you or tpa... I am just saying their situations are similar if you will. Only that the Najin v TPA is "invisible" to gd and riot because they are on korean forums. But granting tsm their rematch, whilst turning a blind eye to the 4m+ fanbase of Korean LoL fans would be a really bad PR move.
In the end we don't even know if the rematch is offical yet, but why else would tsm brag about it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scubajake

Junior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
I've been at work all day, only responding intermittently to keep the fans informed of what's going on. I'm still at work and not sure when I'm leaving :*(
It's only 6pm here, I hate to think what time it is there! Thank you for your efforts mate, it is appreciated. It's not often the higher ups become so involved in these affairs, on such a personal level and it is most definitely recognized.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StrictLand

Junior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
don't even want to think about it, haha. we won't rest until the remaining games happen and are AWESOME!!
Dyrus also looked up if you didn't notice.
Scroll down a bit and you'll see the comments.
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...map_explained/

Dyrus deleted this tweet. (also on his facebook)
http://i.imgur.com/NJil9.png

Dyrus lying about the screen being black.
http://i.imgur.com/lGzFR.jpg

TSM doesn't deserve their rematch and this should be over.

Please tell me you saw this and read it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Achlys010

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotti View Post
I agree there should be no remake... I also don't think azf is guilty, just as you dont think tsa is, so don't interpret it as me bashing you or tpa... I am just saying their situations are similar if you will. Only that the Najin v TPA is "invisible" to gd and riot because they are on korean forums. But granting tsm their rematch, whilst turning a blind eye to the 4m+ fanbase of Korean LoL fans would be a really bad PR move.
In the end we don't even know if the rematch is offical yet, but why else would tsm brag about it?
i dont think frost is guilty, i nvr assume one is guilty unless proven so. i actually look down on tsm members as they cant afford to take their own loss. i just dont think u make the whole cheating scandal worse by bringing TPA's situation in. riot knows abt it but didnt bother explaining, coz it was obvious what happened (in my explanation)

and like what i said, granting a remake to tsm has NOTHING absolutely nth to do with tpa vs NJ's matches...unless the situation and evidence are identical. (idk what you dont get here).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fuzzion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Redhead just give over your job to someone who can handle it, you're to inexperienced.

Throwing a dice and pray that the tournament will workout is not professional and I'm afraid that I don't think you will ever be :/