Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosZeroX

10-08-2012

I can already see Riot letting Frost slide. Its fairly obvious....

Akanoth

10-08-2012

Red beard, there's no chance of the world finals being moved back at all is there? Some of us have spent a lot of money to go down there and to stay for the day/weekend. Do you think you'll have the hardware issues under control during the finals because some of us can't afford to stay another night and buy new tickets.

Iglie

10-08-2012

RedBeard!
Can you please upload the full games?
Not all of us can watch them live

Badimus

10-08-2012

RedBeard, might I suggest a better term than "screen looking" for the accusations currently being thrown around?

My friends and I have always used "glancing" (short for "screen glancing") to refer to it in LANs over the years, and I feel that term flows better in conversation.

Just a thought!

sexmasterJAKE

10-08-2012

@RedBeard Love the stuff you're doing to help out on the forums..

This image is surfacing on a lot of korean websites that say TPA also "cheated" check out the last guy on TPA
http://upload.inven.co.kr/upload/201...2996252385.jpg

Anemoneya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We unfortunately don't have team audio saved, so we can't go back and audit that.
that really sucks....seeing how someone pinged location that is very very unlikely to be pinged in normal circumstances, voice chat log could have had definite proof.

EMotionally

10-08-2012

Have you spoken to the teams and about their thoughts of the whole "cheating" and disconnecting issues. Surely they would be rather frustrated but I'd like to know what they've said.

khunny7

10-08-2012

Red beard, it's seems like "turning a head" is the only hard evidence that shows that AZF player broke the rule, thus cheated. Can't Riot DQ AZF for not following that rule? That ping and others do look suspicious but "not looking forward" is a hard and known evidence. Why can't Riot just DQ all the teams that did that? Stay clean, go LOL!

Cratos

10-08-2012

It doesn't seem like Riot is going to do anything about Azubu Frost, even though there is quite a bit of evidence suggesting they looked at the minimap and pinged.

Azubu is definitely a strong team and likely could have won either way, but if that breaks a rule then Riot should follow those rules.

Eebs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosZeroX View Post
I can already see Riot letting Frost slide. Its fairly obvious....
Yea, it does seem like they won't be booting somebody for cheating when stakes are high, but honestly, in their defense (despite me not WANTING to defend them) the legal issues involved in saying basically "Yes, Azubu Frost cheated clearly, but we're not doing anything about it" would get them screwed. Imagine if TSM decided to sue because of that for the full prize money?

Unfortunately, although it seems like Redbeard and the others are good people, trying to make the best of a bad situation, they're trapped between a Malphite and a (well screw the original saying) Rammus. Not much they can do other than a slap on the wrist of Azubu players, and allowing it to go on as is.

That being said, I'm firmly convinced that the mass MASS majority of the League's fans would be MORE than pleased to see Riot simply come out and say "Rules state clearly that you cannot look backwards at the live feed. Frost did so, and as a result, they're disqualified, since the ping indicated not only cheating, but unfair usage of such information to gain an advantage in the tournament.".

I mean, if they DON'T disqualify Frost, then what they're basically saying is "DO NOT CHEAT.... unless you're pretty damned good, because then we'll let you get away with it..." That is not a good precedent to set, whereas a MASSIVE DQ and smackdown would be a darned good way to set the standards in stone. Nothing says obey me like a head on a pike, am I right?