@Riot about Syndra's current state

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oddish33

10-08-2012

Better but still too takes too long to get any kind of damage out IMO and she gets focused way too easily in a teamfight.

Taijitu23

10-08-2012

Her orbs don't last long enough to get a decent amount of bonus damage for her ult IMO. 2, maybe 3 with max CDR. Other than that, being one of the hardest champions in the game currently, against incredibly easy face role-e type champs, she's not fairing well. Skill capped or not.

Roguecody

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taijitu23 View Post
Her orbs don't last long enough to get a decent amount of bonus damage for her ult IMO. 2, maybe 3 with max CDR. Other than that, being one of the hardest champions in the game currently, against incredibly easy face role-e type champs, she's not fairing well. Skill capped or not.

Seems to be a lot of people who still think she's Underpowered. Lets keep this thread bumped with posts and just maybe we can get Riots input on her current state.

Thx so far for all your responses!

Mystic Blue Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

I pasting this from my other Syndra post to add to this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyJoe View Post
I really enjoy playing Syndra, I get that Orianna feel when I use her and I don't just mean because they both throw a ball around either. There's just a certain play style to both of them thats not typical of other casters. One post has been made about making Dark Sphere (Q) deal a DoT or some sort of effect along that line while they're out. Which is a good idea, and led me to thinking up this one.

Here's my idea

How about for her Force of Will (W): the damage it deals is increased if she uses her one of her Dark Spheres to throw. You could add more too it even and give it depth by making the damage from a sphere thrown deal increased damage based on how close it is to expiring. The longer it's out, the more damage it will deal when thrown.

With the range of W it would make her have a better poke and feel more rewarding to cast W on a sphere as opposed to a minion.

It could be supplemented as part of her passives max rank benefit for her W. Thoughts?

Give me your reasons why it's not good if you think it's a poor idea please, but if you agree with it please show support.

EDIT: Ok you know what just forget the idea. JUST BUFF HER, it's painfully obvious she's currently one of the worst mages in the game.

Roguecody

10-08-2012

Quote:
I pasting this from my other Syndra post to add to this one.

Seems solid. And would give her more of a lane presence in compensation for her slow speed squishyness and higher than average mana costs.

All in all an interesting idea.

Brobat

10-08-2012

Syndra is fine the way she is. The problem isn't Syndra, it is that the other recent Champions have all been blatantly overpowered so she seems lackluster in comparison.

JesusPwns0926

10-08-2012

If you played her pre-buff, the changes Riot made had a HUGE impact on her performance.

I think the only changes she needs are to her ult range. She is more of a utility mage like Oriana putting out stuns, slows, and taking out the squishies. I dont think people understand that, since the last and probably only AP mid released that was utility based was Ori

Mystic Blue Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobat View Post
Syndra is fine the way she is. The problem isn't Syndra, it is that the other recent Champions have all been blatantly overpowered so she seems lackluster in comparison.
By a single negatron cloak and you beat her ultimate and most of her damages. Takes even less depending on the scenario.

In a game I recently played as Syndra a full combo with 500AP (Sorc shoes, DC, AA, and 2 Dorans) and my ulimtate was unable to a Janna with Shurelya's, Aegis, and cdr boots.

This was 32 minutes into the game or so.

Mystic Blue Fox

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusPwns0926 View Post
If you played her pre-buff, the changes Riot made had a HUGE impact on her performance.

I think the only changes she needs are to her ult range. She is more of a utility mage like Oriana putting out stuns, slows, and taking out the squishies. I dont think people understand that, since the last and probably only AP mid released that was utility based was Ori
Except Orianna wasn't weak on release and has extremely long poke range and zone control.

MoeRonn

10-08-2012

Quote:
She's weak all around. Weak damage, even her ultimate which is severely reduced by MR due to each ball dealing individual damage as opposed to all at once like most other ultimates.
Perhaps I am not thinking properly at the moment, but is there actually a difference in damage mitigation whether or not the balls hit at once or at a time?

Since each orb does 90 damage, we say it does 45 with 50% damage reduction. 45 x 3 = 135.

With 3 orbs hitting all at once, it would do 270 damage, or 135 with 50% damage reduction.

Doesn't the amount of damage remain the same?

123456 ... 7