@ohmikegoodness

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wraklol

10-07-2012

lol

ohmikegoodness

Senior Animator

10-08-2012
11 of 15 Riot Posts

Lol @ old thread necro! Wanna ask me questions?

Since this IS an @ohmikegoodness thread...

WaveHawk

10-08-2012

were you one of the people responsible for tf's new dance? If so you are awesome beyond words!

The Freakshow

10-08-2012

Mike, my name is Mike and we used to be friends on League! What was it that enticed you to get into animating as a profession?

Dessembrae

10-08-2012

I always had a question for you. What does a typical day in the life of a senior animator look like at Riot?

AznSilly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

I have a question since I just saw this -- Can you help me get in touch with Lomar pls?

Mattarias

10-08-2012

What's the most complicated animation (that you ca tell us about) you've done so far?

Also, you guys use Maya for the most part, right? Or is it a bunch of programs? Must be nuts to shuffle things around.

ohmikegoodness

Senior Animator

10-08-2012
12 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveHawk View Post
were you one of the people responsible for tf's new dance? If so you are awesome beyond words!
That was compliments of XrayAlpha! I've handed off the Re-do baton to him! He's the man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakShow9807 View Post
Mike, my name is Mike and we used to be friends on League! What was it that enticed you to get into animating as a profession?
Hi Mike! I'm sorry I must have deleted you in an effort to make more room on my friend list! Try adding me again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessembrae View Post
I always had a question for you. What does a typical day in the life of a senior animator look like at Riot?
There is a lot of animation that happens on the senior level as well as guidance! We ourselves need to put down animations that inspire our players and our younger animators. We usually start the day with a sync up on what everyone is doing, and then we get to work! Every other day we have big group critiques, where we all practice having a thick skin. Cause we need it. I often like to end my day with a game of LoL as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznSilly View Post
I have a question since I just saw this -- Can you help me get in touch with Lomar pls?
WAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattarias View Post
What's the most complicated animation (that you ca tell us about) you've done so far?

Also, you guys use Maya for the most part, right? Or is it a bunch of programs? Must be nuts to shuffle things around.
Well, the most complicated animations are usually the run animations. They convey so much of the personality of the character, so they need to be awesome. Human beings are programmed to spot runs that are "off" because we use it in selecting healthy mates hahaha So a weird run like Yorick, would totally turn off a lady, but that's what we were going for. Whereas for someone like Jayce, you need to have the right run or people with know. They might not know exactly what is wrong but they can SENSE it.

Yes, we just use Maya for animation. I didn't really use it much before I started at Riot, but animation programs are pretty much all the same... Move, rotate, scale, set key.

Sicarius a Umbra

10-08-2012

Do you use the same run animation archetype for some champions? eg... nautilus and graves? they both have extremely similar run patterns... even similar legs! :O

Also what inspired you to be so awesome

also what inspired you to do animation/your progress towards it

and what is the average paycheck for someone... who is average... at animation! is it low? medium? I'm not talking about this personally... just curious. i want to be either a 3d animator or a 2d graphic artist but im really not sure atm. maybe even 3d art... but i want it to be a digi...

NVM ME this is @ you

The Freakshow

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmikegoodness View Post
Hi Mike! I'm sorry I must have deleted you in an effort to make more room on my friend list! Try adding me again?
I have re-added you, friend. Mayhaps we shall play again in the near future!