Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrowlyWog

10-08-2012

Just wanted to drop by to get my 2 golds worth in.

Thanks for all the updates. As a player, spectator, big time fan, and aspiring competitive player, It is definitely frustrating feeling out of the loop. It's good to know that you guys are still able to somehow manage to work on fixing everything, and keeping us nosy summoners informed.

I realize that it is a very delicate situation too. You guys have to be careful, because no matter which way you paint it, someone is trying to make you the bad guy. I do think it would be interesting and helpful though if the audio from a lot of these problematic areas could be released and maybe even translated to help a lot of the summoners out there who are interested try to interpret a bit more on their own, and decide what all ultimately did happen.

Like I said though, good job on all of the hard work and dedication. Sure, mistakes happen, and somethings may not always go as planned. but mistakes can be the best ways to learn sometimes. and it is only S2, I am sure things will only get better as the community gets stronger.

Just hang in there Rioters!!! We might all be a bit frustrated and worked up about things not going smoothly, but life happens. Just keep on doing what you guys can to strive towards that high bar of excellence that you put up there, and keep helping esports grow in America!

Thanks for all your hard work Rioters,
-Growly.

LadyAzalea

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3otten View Post
Redbeard why would you guys ever pick a day and a time like this? Last weekend started at a kind of reasonable time, even though we had to pull all nighters to watch it completely.

5am PST is 2AM in Europe, not to mention Asia, where it will be really early in the morning/going into a working day.

With this decision you made it impossible for any people outside of the American continent to watch these games. It's either starting in the middle of the night, or when people are at work. I understand it will always be inconvenient for either US, EUrope or Asia, but at least the times from last weekend were kind of reasonable (starting at 9pm in Europe). I know Riot isn't against Europe and what not, but you guys are making it pretty hard for us to not feel this way.

Why not opt for the same as last weekend? Why not start on Friday? And why not start at the same time as last weekend? You can easily do quarterfinal and 2 semis on Friday and the final on Saturday.

And what about the match between CLG EU and WE? It's 1-1 right now,m but don't you guys think it should be better to replay this match entirely (aka best of 3 again). Tis will be a conflip now. No more chance to get back when you're behind. This is a new day, new possibilities and I think this match should start from scratch.
I hope you realize they are staring at 5 PM, not 5 AM.
And I'm sure they will be releasing the streams as replays...So you may have to miss the matches in live time if you're not in a good time zone in relation to Pacific Time (ie Europe/Asia), but at least they are having a stream as compared to no stream that will at some point be accessible to everyone. Wednesday at 5 was probably what worked best with both the players and the company/facility-- of whom are all currently on Pacific time.

IS1695fbf4ff92b3ebeb85c

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAzalea View Post
I hope you realize they are staring at 5 PM, not 5 AM.
sry that should be 5pm. Still 2am in Europe though and something like 6-7-8am in Asia

mikoala

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We actually planned on keeping all of the pro teams (players, managers, etc.) here past the World Finals as they have been part of the World Championship, so we extended them the invite for the whole ~2 weeks. We already took care of their flights, hotels, and food so there is not much disruption here. I think some of them are actually at Universal Studios today.
You can't have the people with the finals tickets be able to go to wednesday?

Daemon

10-08-2012

Quote:
Quick update. We’re writing up a full front page post about this but I want to get it out now that details are decided.

The conclusion of the playoffs will take place on Wednesday the 10th, starting at 5:00 PM Pacific Time. We’re going to be broadcasting from the same venue our World Finals are taking place, the Galen Center, and the players will be competing in a backstage area while we set up the main stage for Saturday. Players will be separated with no visibility of the opposing team. Due to the quick turnaround, we unfortunately won’t be hosting a live audience.

We'll once again be streaming in free HD on both Twitch and Own3D, with the same broadcast production features (player cams, replays, etc.). Casters will remain the same for English, and we’re determining what other languages we’ll be providing.

Romanian casters, please!

Their music between games is freaking awesome.

IS1371d96745694779c6cca

10-08-2012

Quote:
We knew the World Finals would be bad for EU so we scheduled the Playoffs to accommodate your time zone for the most part, but things obviously did not go as planned. We are really sorry about this for our EU fans. Tough to stay up late on a weekend, let anoe a Wednesday night.
Just wanted to stop by and say **** YOU RIOT!!! no ****ign ****ty american teams are left (because they are uber bad and not even close to being on par with the rest of the world). It is so ****ing easy for you guys to make it available to the whole world. But instead you focus only on your ameri**** viewers. Play the matches 6 hours earlier and the whole world can watch. It is european teams vs asian teams but neither of us gets to watch. Thanks, you just lost a loyal customer.

Daemon

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vMs Speedy View Post
I have a question.. can the audio for Azubu's first minute of game 1 with TSM be released? I would love to hear what they said during their obscure pinging. Thankyou
Whatever it was, it was in Korean.

I think they should have the audio from the time the game started until a minute after translated by a 3rd party who doesn't know or care about League.

Anemoneya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Riot has tons of korean employees, so they can do that w/o help of public

CristinaVeeFan

10-08-2012

@RedBeard
So what you are saying is that after investigating into the cheating scandal by AF vs. TSM, you will make a decision on what to do like dqing, rematching, etc. because this is $2 million dollars on the line and you can't just let something go like that because it is their career.
Take a look at this thread to understand where I am coming from: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2658084

Crazylockdown

10-08-2012

Thanks for the updates Redbeard.

The decision to investigate the cheating allegations is wise as it will maintain the integrity of the game.