Will we ever have a support champion...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kermit666

10-08-2012

After reading 6 pages - I'm just going to agree that you want a mad scientist support while shooting down Blitz etc. as candidates.

Just posting here for a suggestion: you should update the OP with a clear description of what characteristics you want in this 'Zaunite' support.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
It's a distinct possibility, but the next one is not a Zaun character. I agree this is a cool character archetype!
Will we have a new Zaunite soon?

David12596

10-08-2012

Quote:
It's a distinct possibility, but the next one is not a Zaun character. I agree this is a cool character archetype!
My only concern is, would a mad scientist/chemist work for a support? I kind of feel it would conflict with singed a little. But then again we do have Draven and Darius and they are both executioners (at least from my understanding), so maybe it would not be a problem.

David12596

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit666 View Post
After reading 6 pages - I'm just going to agree that you want a mad scientist support while shooting down Blitz etc. as candidates.

Just posting here for a suggestion: you should update the OP with a clear description of what characteristics you want in this 'Zaunite' support.
I don't feel I should do that. A concept like this can have many different characteristics. The only time I work on characteristics for a champion, is if I am working on a suggestion/concept myself (which I do have one in the works, but I can't think of a cool kit yet).

Karathrow

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooberTheDog View Post
Riot couldnt lie about something. Like there was no cheating during the finals....or anything.

College degrees might have taught some morales...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morale
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral

Also please die in a fire kkthx

Gewcebawcks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

I've always wanted to see a "Zaun Trapper". I'd like to have a champion that his Q/W/E/R are all traps you can create. Snares, Silence, Damage, AOE Slow... etc. He could be limited in the amount of each trap he can create (based on level of ability), or he can create as much as he likes (like teemo) but they are on timers and will trigger after the time has elapsed.

I think with all the tech/chemicals backstory that Zaun has to offer, a Trapper support would be sweeeeeet.

David12596

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewcebawcks View Post
I've always wanted to see a "Zaun Trapper". I'd like to have a champion that his Q/W/E/R are all traps you can create. Snares, Silence, Damage, AOE Slow... etc. He could be limited in the amount of each trap he can create (based on level of ability), or he can create as much as he likes (like teemo) but they are on timers and will trigger after the time has elapsed.

I think with all the tech/chemicals backstory that Zaun has to offer, a Trapper support would be sweeeeeet.
I have mix feelings about that. The concept I am working on for a suggestion's kit would be perfect for a "trap" like gameplay. My biggest problem is I feel that game play like that is very boring and dull in its mechanics . It could be just personal taste though.

Ryceman

10-08-2012

Quote:
I promised 2 or more a year.
You said 3 actually. Too lazy to go find the post.

David12596

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranhei View Post
You said 3 actually. Too lazy to go find the post.
Don't make a claim about someone else unless you can back it up.To my knowledge Morello said two per year.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-08-2012
3 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladayen View Post
I do recall you saying that their would be one more support this year though? Is this still the plan?
Unless something breaks horribly, yes. Even in worst case, early next year would be maximum latest - but my goal is another support before 2013.