dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Overwhelmer01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

I'm still getting the bug, just got it then. It happens whenever you scroll to the edge of your screen and over a tower. (not always) It seems to be that the graphic for the mouse cannot decide whether to be the scroll, or tower capture icon and so becomes neither and vanishes. I have had limited success getting it back by rapidly shaking my mouse over the point near the edge of my screen. I have a Lenovo y560p ideapad. Radeon graphics card, i7, win 7, logitech mouse. Can there please be a fix for this. I have had this issue since dominion came out

Kirboom

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
yeah, based on all the information we've been getting from the forums, we're pretty sure that this is directly related to hardware (which makes the issue tricky to diagnose and resolve). i mean...tricky is probably an understatement at this point.

wait, you've seen this on summoner's rift? how frequently, and under what circumstances?

I can repeat this bug as many times as you may want. This bug happens when I am the west side team. (I am color blind, so I do not pay attention to colors... ever). It only happens when I am in bot lane, near the bottom left tower with my cursor. It sometimes gets reset within seconds, sometimes it takes minutes.

I am using a Asus A53T laptop, so a mobile GC. With that, you can find all my info. This has happened to me on two different resolutions. I used to have to reset my computer to fix this, but it has gotten... "better". It fixes itself by the end of the game. However, it still is really annoying. Sometimes, it continues to stay "buggy" by being distorted to say, even in my windows desktop, not just in dominion.

You can contact me anytime and I can reproduce this at anytime (if I am the west team) as it has never not happened as that team, but that may be an exaggeration, because I don't note when it doesn't happen.

If I can be any help to fix or diagnose anymore, please, let me know.

-Kirboom

Klyern

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
from what i've been hearing its only happening on ati cards that being said i can't reproduce it because i don't have one
im having a bug where i cant click in dominion but cursor doesnt dissapear and it works fine everywhere else, im also having lol-drop hack going on lol, go to reddit for the truth about that in case ur wondering.

but meh, leave it to riot to care, idm fat kids using drop hacks.

The Red Heir

09-23-2012

happens 2/3 games for me. ATI card, but NOT mobile. Usually happens when Im capturing a point. Sometimes will appear back sometimes wont appear back.

Ramsis

10-01-2012

I recently upgraded from a ATI card to a Nvida GeForce 680 and i still get the problem. it happens at least half of the time in dominion, and persists outside of the game.

Its a big pain since the only fix i have found is restarting my computer, and i host several servers on my machine. I had hoped the new gfx card would solve this...

n00b saib0t

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Not sure if this will be helpful or not but I have generated the dxdiag after restarting my computer right after my cursor disappeared during a game of LoL in dominion.

Mogs01gt

10-08-2012

I had this issue when I used my Microsoft trackball mouse, its not longer a problem after I switched mouse.

Shangra

10-13-2012

Still nothing.....outright quit Dom.... refuse to play it anymore.

nukular power

10-14-2012

Is this the bug where the cursor is stuck in the bottom right of the screen, as if the resolution is less than what it really is?

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs01gt View Post
I had this issue when I used my Microsoft trackball mouse, its not longer a problem after I switched mouse.
it's not a mouse issue, i changed my mouse from a logitech m505 to microsoft 3500 and the problem persist.

what riot is doing, the bug is that hard to fix ?