Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pavi132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

I think they should re-do the quarterfinals on, honestly. Chances are, the same teams will win, but it would satisfy those who believe cheating occurred. Why they conducted a tournament in which that form of cheating was even possible is beyond me, though.

pavi132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Quick update. Were writing up a full front page post about this but I want to get it out now that details are decided.

The conclusion of the playoffs will take place on Wednesday the 10th, starting at 5:00 PM Pacific Time. Were going to be broadcasting from the same venue our World Finals are taking place, the Galen Center, and the players will be competing in a backstage area while we set up the main stage for Saturday. Players will be separated with no visibility of the opposing team. Due to the quick turnaround, we unfortunately wont be hosting a live audience.

We'll once again be streaming in free HD on both Twitch and Own3D, with the same broadcast production features (player cams, replays, etc.). Casters will remain the same for English, and were determining what other languages well be providing.
Will there at least be 5-man soundproof booths at the finals?

Tanthony

Senior Recruiter

10-08-2012

Quote:
Also, while Im here I wanted to clarify the original post. Were investigating all instances of reported minimap looking, and reviewing all available footage. This includes the level 1 ping in the Frost/TSM game many of you have pointed out. Well have a ruling based on the results of that investigation.
Thank you very much. I have been waiting for some red confirmation that they are in fact looking into this and do care. Thanks for the reassurance.

YoshioPeePee

10-08-2012

it'll be less cool without a live audience but its nice that there will be absolutely nothing to distract the players

glad to see this thing has gotten back on track! I want me some m5 vs. TPA!

Derptionary

10-08-2012

Quote:
Also, while Im here I wanted to clarify the original post. Were investigating all instances of reported minimap looking, and reviewing all available footage. This includes the level 1 ping in the Frost/TSM game many of you have pointed out. Well have a ruling based on the results of that investigation.

^This is why I still have some faith in online gaming companies. Most of the other games I've played whenever a thread would come up on the forums "calling out" the company about something they have done wrong, the thread would end up getting deleted and the player banned either temporarily or permanently.
Glad that RedBeard is at least taking what the players think seriously. Thanks RedBeard, you da man.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-08-2012
17 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBoob View Post
Good guy RedBeard.
Wish you the best in getting this set up again!
Also, I wanted to inform you that I honestly believe S3 will be even better than this was!(and it was awesome, not counting the difficulties you encountered)
Thank you for the note - we will certainly be aiming to make S3 the best ever. Everything on Saturday has been truly unfortunate, but they are lessons learned for us, and during the off season we will be able to plan fixes from these mistakes.

YoshioPeePee

10-08-2012

i doubt there will be enough objective evidence to penalize anyone, but we'll see

hopefully riot won't allow themselves to be pressured by either side and we get a fair decision (and that gd will be mature enough to not downvote it to oblivion if they don't like it)

detoxhater

10-08-2012

Quote:
Is it possible that there will be a remake of the match if your investigation comes to the conclusion that azubu frost DID cheat?

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-08-2012
18 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoopman View Post
No crowd = no hype. Can you guys at least play sounds of a cheering crowd during big plays on the stream?
Fake cheering, like Saturday Night Live does fake laughing!?!

The games will be plenty of hype, we have 5 of the World's best teams ready to face off, the matches should provide plenty of hype and excitement. I know i personally can't wait.

saintsx

10-08-2012

any chance you can tell us where you at with the investigation regarding minimaps or an eta on how long it will take?

thanks for the updates