So when is Ezreal getting a nerf?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lesterjones

10-08-2012

What brought on this sudden urge for a nerf? Was it world finals? Why did that aspect convince you this was neccessary?

And how do you intend to nerf him without making him an undesirable pick?
Hope you're still answering, i just found out about this G_G

Morello

Lead Designer

10-08-2012
14 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappycocopuff View Post
this is the mentality that has made vayne near unplayable in how bottom lane is now

her counters were dominant at the time (caitlyn, graves, kog). nerf them and she gets "out of hand" (i'm honestly not even sure if that's true, i remember seeing somewhere that her winrates in solo queue were below 50%), and she has to be nerfed as a result.

not that this is addressing any of your points in particular but, ahem, buff vayne.
I think we've made some mistakes in this way, yes - but this is a sign of improper execution/timing rather than improper philosophy. We may have overnerfed here, but the idea of nerfing her down in the first place was solid.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-08-2012
15 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aatyrael View Post
Do you remember what happened the last time you removed "raw power" from champions such as Mordekaiser, Vladimir, Xin Zhao, Urgot ?
You mention a really interesting pattern - those champions have very little play outside of raw power. It's why Xin needed a rework - if you have no levers other than power to balance with, this situation will always occur. All three of these champions are representative of that fact.

Crumblerumble

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You mention a really interesting pattern - those champions have very little play outside of raw power. It's why Xin needed a rework - if you have no levels other than power to balance with, this situation will always occur. All three of these champions are representative of that fact.
dont mean to hijack this thread but can i get some opinion on my thread (sunfire cape) i think it's pretty interesting the points being brought up for a toggle ability on it.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-08-2012
16 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigStripe View Post
He's also been working on the rework since about four months after she was released.

This just in, Riot doesn't focus very hard on figuring out how to push large-scale projects.

T_T

I want my Karma.
Four months after her release? If he was, he never told me. :P

Lord Kamina

10-08-2012

Quote:
I'm not sure here - I do think there's more gameplay and counterplay to the Q than there is the W. The trick is to make sure W is relevant and good too, but to remove his raw dueling power.

Ezreal is defined by rapid-fire skilshots and mobilit; currently, he can toe-to-toe too effectively.
Ezreal should reward skill by using these optimally, not just by being generally strong.
So does this mean that using your W before Q will become a must, in addition to timing your abilities? Because right now all I see is people flinging Q everywhere with an occasional W, as if they forgot it does damage.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-08-2012
17 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takhuan View Post
Was there any particular game in this tournament that pushed this decision?
Not really - even NA and EU regionals showed the problem really occuring, we were waiting a bit to see if there were sensible counters.

Delnoir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Not really - even NA and EU regionals showed the problem really occuring, we were waiting a bit to see if there were sensible counters.
And was there anything worth note?

oddish33

10-08-2012

Karma rework when???

Khobahi

10-08-2012

Are you looking into balances for graves/corki aswell? currently those seem to be the only 3 ADs picked. Although i have been seeing a few more dravens lately.