Why is CertainlyT running the Bug Report forums?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L2MICRO

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotFpMcgee View Post
We're working on how we respond to player feedback about bugs. We know this is an area that we've fallen short, and are looking to improve.

I don't know exactly how we can address this particular issue, but I'm very open to ideas.

Riot QA Division needs an IRC platform to handle bug reports proactively. This forum business is old business and slower than molasses.

People submitting post after post after post will just ruin your day. Not to mention time consuming. IRC is probably a sure fire way to actively eliminate the hassle, because the information would be fresh, current and it gives a chance for the players to interact with the bug QA team.

RiotFpMcgee

Associate QA Strategist

Follow RiotFpMcgee on Twitter

10-08-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I'll discuss some options internally and see what we can do!

BelligerentGnu

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotFpMcgee View Post
We're working on how we respond to player feedback about bugs. We know this is an area that we've fallen short, and are looking to improve.

I don't know exactly how we can address this particular issue, but I'm very open to ideas.
Why not just a little check mark function?

"Read by a Red"

You could use it for other threads too, where a rioter is too busy to post but wants to give a thread some attention.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

I agree with the flag system, it would be like with e-mails, a Rioter would just flag the thread and done, no red post needed, just the flag showing that the thread was looked at and that someone is investigating.

Templus

10-09-2012

it would be nice to have a bug wiki or something that listed bugs that are known and when you put a new bug in it would search to see if it is already known and if it is just +1 it as more people having the same bug, also riot could tag the bugs as 'known / working on / whatever' and post info on them .. currently it looks like we only have this forum which seems pretty archaic .. and I think there are even open source systems out there to handle this sort of thing: http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2010/08/...acking-system/