Udyr - To Triforce or not to Triforce?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempestphile

10-08-2012

That's the question

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

eh, probably not. i could really see him benefiting more from a mallet than triforce for the slow, and i don't think that the sheen procs and zeal affects are that amazing on him. I think other items would probably do better. It probably wouldn't be terrible, but i don't think its optimal

Risemix

10-08-2012

Well, the TF proc on Udyr is naturally really good. The MS is good, and the chance to slow is also obviously good.

I'm sure it's a perfectly good item to build

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

That's a tough question, i can See, triforce, wits end Frozen heart as a viable build, but i can also see Udyr working without triforce, personally i'd get triforce if the enemy team doesn't have wtf jumps or blinks and ould completely skip it for a fromal in the cas Enemy has tristana or Khazix or someone jumpy.

Tempestphile

10-08-2012

Well, i am testing just sheen + Frozen mallet, seeing the mana from sheen is quite needed as well on him actualy

Usually i run Triforce + boots + Kitae + Wardens + Maw
Now I am testing sheen + boots + Frozen Mallet + Kitae + Maw

But I remember a build where he goes full tanky and still does amazing

FDru

10-08-2012

Tirforce is really good damage output, but you can just build Wit's End and tank items and do good damage while never dying.

Tempestphile

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Tirforce is really good damage output, but you can just build Wit's End and tank items and do good damage while never dying.
phage > Merc trend > Kitae > Warden's mail > Defense item x2

What do you think?

Kiddalee

10-08-2012

What is this? Is Topdyr becoming decently regarded?

Edit: No answer yet, but thanks for the compliment.

Desocupado

10-08-2012

Well, Shen increases burst and dps early on.
But since Ability power and Mana (to a lesser degree) are quite wasteful gold-wise on Udyr.

Phourc

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post
Usually i run Triforce + boots + Kitae + Wardens + Maw
Now I am testing sheen + boots + Frozen Mallet + Kitae + Maw
Kitae's is good now? I can't think of a character that isn't going onhit build that I'd pick up that piece of trash on - it doesn't even have the armor that Madred's has on SR.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the only reason it's built on SR is it's a logical upgrade for the mandatory jungling razors.

I'd say sub in a wit's end - all the attackspeed with some magic resist thrown on. Or maybe a ionic for some health? I've actually barely messed with ionic, so not 100% on that one...

Also, have you considered getting a glacial if you're getting the sheen more for mana than the triforce? Udyr actually likes CDR for better stance-dancing, and defense is good throughout the game, with a Frozen Heart upgrade being only 1200g away.