Kalamunja, The Shadow of Ionia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gjom

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamur View Post
I have to agree with Osprii and his base MS is lower than most AD carries. Thinking for dance maybe he practices with the scythe, Skins I'd like to suggest Reaper Kalamunja, Dragon Born Kalamunja, or Rage Born Kalamunja.
I think that dance idea is better, I'll have to do that instead. xD

And I'll put those skins down, if I'm not lazy as ****. xD

Thanks for the look at it.

Gjom

10-08-2012

Bump

Nhan Fiction

10-08-2012

My Chinese Zodiac symbol is the Dragon, so +1 for me.

Gjom

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhan Fiction View Post
My Chinese Zodiac symbol is the Dragon, so +1 for me.
Glad you like it. ;D

LightningAcorns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Visually, this guy should not be a ranged ADC given by his weapon. Yeah, Draven's got axes that he throws, but that's all for show, and that's his character. With this guy, he's tossing a melee weapon at his enemies, and the weapon is DIRECTLY attached to him by chains, meaning the autoattack animations are gonna be really wonky at high AS while he flails it about at a pretty high range for a melee-based weapon instead of something ammo-based and disconnected from his body, making for smoother animation frames and actually making him a ranged champion (with a pitiful range at that). Rapidly tossing around something attached by chains isn't a good choice in actual practice. I mean, just imagine that for a second. Unless it works like a scorpion's stinger, I can't see it happening. He also does not have any sort of way to boost the effectiveness of his ADC items with any sort of steroid. Every carry has one, either as an innate that boosts their damage when they attack more, gain attack speed for several seconds, gain true damage for their AD, bonus physical damage for crits, etc. etc. What you gave him is a kit of a bruiser with a higher range than any other bruiser.
Kit-wise, I have to ask about the purpose of some of the skills.
Innate: It's a skill that lets Kala thrive in battle, much like Olaf's Innate or Hecarim's heal. Okay, but what purpose would this actually serve if he's going to get bursted down regardless of that since he is the HIGHEST priority to kill in a fight, and he will drop like a fly as soon as someone like Brand so much as sneezes on him? Such an ability would, again, work better for a bulky melee champion like Olaf or Hecarim, who both will last long enough to be able to use it. It's also a better Maw of Malmortius, a Legendary Tier item, barring the magic shield, base AD, and MR.
Q: A basic AA modifier, something ranged champions actually lack, barring Ashe's Q toggle or Vayne's silver bolts. You also NEED to say that consuming the mark deals an ADDITIONAL percentage, not just equal to a percentage less than 100% on an AA by a carry.
W: Okay, big problem here. Marking a target with his Q and then following up with his ability, and an autoattack IMMEDIATELY after his Q consumes the mark that his one has? He's an ADC, and that requires ABSOLUTELY PERFECT timing in order to take advantage of this if he's going to have that much AS as an ADC. This skill is entirely dependent on his Q and NOT ATTACKING to be effective. That's counterintuitive. My suggestion is to make it so that this skill actually does something on its own instead of entirely revolving around his Q and not attacking. Remove the mark from his Q, I guess maybe making the mark apply to enemies hit by this spell, and attacking them consumes the mark? I don't know, and I don't really wanna help you other than this extensive review. Also, again with the weapon being connected with him. Tossing his W will disrupt the flow of his autoattacks considering he just threw his only weapon 900 units away, and it's still connected to him.
E: Okay, maybe his Innate makes a little more sense with the shield, but it's not something that I feel makes him an ADC if his ONLY steroid can be broken with a hit or two. It's also a very pitiful steroid considering it does NOT amplify his items' usefulness whatsoever. Also, this seems like an AD version of Rumble's shield.
R: I guess this also has disruption with his weapon of choice, making him unable to AA something considering his only weapon is connected by a chain directly to him. Poor choice regarding his weapon. It's also quite pitiful in damage as an ultimate, too.
Even if Draven is able to throw his axes and never get the ones he threw back (dropping them, using E, etc.), he has an infinite supply by the magics of the League. This guy, however, has a melee weapon built for a longer range, but is DIRECTLY CONNECTED to him, thus creating a massive disjoint with his autoattacks, his skills, etc. You also don't know what makes a carry, a carry, as you only created a bruiser with a kit that screws himself over with the marks created by his Q, solely used for the purpose of W, being CONSUMED by an autoattack, something every right-clicker does instinctively. Altogether, you've literally just created the worst ADC known to man, and something even edgier than Varus. ItemsGuy was right when he said this was half-assed, and I really did waste my time trying to explain what should be clear visually and conceptually, but I have to give you some credit for including numbers.

I REALLY hope you reconsider trying to make a carry have a bruiser's kit. Heck, I'd say Blitzcrank could have higher DPS than this.

EDIT: Even if W does have a unique mark apart from Q, that's three goddamn marks that are UNIQUE to this champ. Too many marks to keep track of for just one guy.

inb4 thumb's downs for stating my opinion on a forum.

Gjom

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningAcorns View Post
Visually, this guy should not be a ranged ADC given by his weapon. Yeah, Draven's got axes that he throws, but that's all for show, and that's his character. With this guy, he's tossing a melee weapon at his enemies, and the weapon is DIRECTLY attached to him by chains, meaning the autoattack animations are gonna be really wonky at high AS while he flails it about at a pretty high range for a melee-based weapon instead of something ammo-based and disconnected from his body, making for smoother animation frames and actually making him a ranged champion (with a pitiful range at that). Rapidly tossing around something attached by chains isn't a good choice in actual practice. I mean, just imagine that for a second. Unless it works like a scorpion's stinger, I can't see it happening. He also does not have any sort of way to boost the effectiveness of his ADC items with any sort of steroid. Every carry has one, either as an innate that boosts their damage when they attack more, gain attack speed for several seconds, gain true damage for their AD, bonus physical damage for crits, etc. etc. What you gave him is a kit of a bruiser with a higher range than any other bruiser.
Kit-wise, I have to ask about the purpose of some of the skills.
Innate: It's a skill that lets Kala thrive in battle, much like Olaf's Innate or Hecarim's heal. Okay, but what purpose would this actually serve if he's going to get bursted down regardless of that since he is the HIGHEST priority to kill in a fight, and he will drop like a fly as soon as someone like Brand so much as sneezes on him? Such an ability would, again, work better for a bulky melee champion like Olaf or Hecarim, who both will last long enough to be able to use it. It's also a better Maw of Malmortius, a Legendary Tier item, barring the magic shield, base AD, and MR.
Q: A basic AA modifier, something ranged champions actually lack, barring Ashe's Q toggle or Vayne's silver bolts. You also NEED to say that consuming the mark deals an ADDITIONAL percentage, not just equal to a percentage less than 100% on an AA by a carry.
W: Okay, big problem here. Marking a target with his Q and then following up with his ability, and an autoattack IMMEDIATELY after his Q consumes the mark that his one has? He's an ADC, and that requires ABSOLUTELY PERFECT timing in order to take advantage of this if he's going to have that much AS as an ADC. This skill is entirely dependent on his Q and NOT ATTACKING to be effective. That's counterintuitive. My suggestion is to make it so that this skill actually does something on its own instead of entirely revolving around his Q and not attacking. Remove the mark from his Q, I guess maybe making the mark apply to enemies hit by this spell, and attacking them consumes the mark? I don't know, and I don't really wanna help you other than this extensive review. Also, again with the weapon being connected with him. Tossing his W will disrupt the flow of his autoattacks considering he just threw his only weapon 900 units away, and it's still connected to him.
E: Okay, maybe his Innate makes a little more sense with the shield, but it's not something that I feel makes him an ADC if his ONLY steroid can be broken with a hit or two. It's also a very pitiful steroid considering it does NOT amplify his items' usefulness whatsoever. Also, this seems like an AD version of Rumble's shield.
R: I guess this also has disruption with his weapon of choice, making him unable to AA something considering his only weapon is connected by a chain directly to him. Poor choice regarding his weapon. It's also quite pitiful in damage as an ultimate, too.
Even if Draven is able to throw his axes and never get the ones he threw back (dropping them, using E, etc.), he has an infinite supply by the magics of the League. This guy, however, has a melee weapon built for a longer range, but is DIRECTLY CONNECTED to him, thus creating a massive disjoint with his autoattacks, his skills, etc. You also don't know what makes a carry, a carry, as you only created a bruiser with a kit that screws himself over with the marks created by his Q, solely used for the purpose of W, being CONSUMED by an autoattack, something every right-clicker does instinctively. Altogether, you've literally just created the worst ADC known to man, and something even edgier than Varus. ItemsGuy was right when he said this was half-assed, and I really did waste my time trying to explain what should be clear visually and conceptually, but I have to give you some credit for including numbers.

I REALLY hope you reconsider trying to make a carry have a bruiser's kit. Heck, I'd say Blitzcrank could have higher DPS than this.

EDIT: Even if W does have a unique mark apart from Q, that's three goddamn marks that are UNIQUE to this champ. Too many marks to keep track of for just one guy.

inb4 thumb's downs for stating my opinion on a forum.
First off, I'm NOT going to Thumbs down your post. I'm not an idiot like that. However.. I will reply with counter statements, and I will reply with my own opinion. (Of course mine is biased, but still.)

With his weapon, I'm not sure why you dislike it SOOO much, but honestly.. If you were to fluidly track the weapon in a swinging motion, it would be EASY to follow/create with high attack speeds, it doesn't have to be thrown out, and pulled back, every time. Besides.. I don't thing you have any sort of degree in gaming. You're only stating what you think would be right/wrong. You don't know for sure if it would BE wonky.
As for his range, it's up there with a couple AD carries/ranged people. Just because it's a little shorter, doesn't mean he's at a disadvantage. Graves' range is 525, Kala's is 535. That's 10 more range than Graves. Corki's is 550. So he's on the lower scale like Graves.

I'll admit, I don't have a steroid, but I JUST made the champion. You make it sound as if I have this thing written in stone. Everything is subject to change/is changeable if I choose it to be so.

With the Innate ability. New Life Form, it's actually WORSE than Maw. Maw is 2.5%, my passive is 3%, making it worse. And if you think I'm wrong you have to take into consideration how it's worded. Every 2.5% of their HP missing is better than 3%, so you might want to recalculate. And slightly off the topic, have you ever heard of laning phase? It'll give him that bigger grit if he's laning and they're trading, making him stronger with every hit.

For Slash of Vengeance, I have fixed the wording on it, does that suit you better? I even put a short description below it.

Grave Rupture: First off, you misread how it is cast. He stabs his scythe INTO THE ground in front of himself, the scythe not leaving his hands. It sends a small underground shockwave to a target area. Like Varus' Hail of Arrows, or anyone's ability like that for any matter. The rupture is only there to show the animation, nothing more.(It travels quickly).
As for the mark removing, I wouldn't see it as too hard to do so. You hit Q, auto attack, and then W underneath them. Understandably in late game with high attack speed it would prove to be a little difficult to hit this, but hitting it rewards good play.
Early game it would have no problem to hit, seeing as the mark lasts for 4 seconds. Not to mention, if he's chasing, he hits hit E to catch up, Q's them.. and since his W is longer range can grab them in it. Anyways, long story short, I think we're on different terms with this.

For Soul Relief... I totally forgot about Rumble's shield. However, it's not a weak shield. You would want to max that second, (Q being first, obviously).. So the shield would provide good damage reduction. Not to mention it would make him less prone to die in a gank, the shield giving him that burst of movement speed..
Earlier, someone had said that the shield is too weak as well, I guess I'll have to buff it a little more. I want to put it a little less than Janna's, but less scaling, seeing as her shield is 90% scaling. o.o

Afterlife's Conclusion
Not getting into it.

As for the rest of your statements, if you agree with ItemsGuy, then I would no longer like you on my forum posts, because if you haven't realized he a conceited idiot who thinks he's cool.
And if you're going to talk about making ideas, make one yourself. How do you know what the hell a carry is supposed to be and what it's not supposed to be?
It's all about innovation and trying something new.

Devious Rogue

10-13-2012

The Zyra history is ingenious.

Gjom

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious Rogue View Post
The Zyra history is ingenious.
Thanks! My summoner friend Lythicos Ra helped me write it.
I was very happy with the outcome of this champion.

Gjom

10-16-2012

Bump..

PanickingAttack

10-16-2012

Alright its review time.

Base stats - All is good

Innate - this idea isn't good on an ad carry period considering you would recommend life steal items like bloodthirster. An idea would be "When Kalamunja falls below 50% hp, he gains 20/30/40 AD for as long he stays in that state. If he returns to health above 50%, the AD buff effect would last for an additional 3 seconds before wearing off."

Q - Damage is quite strong actually if you compare with draven Q[Which hurts alot (I dont know why people say its weak)]. But i dont think you need to nerf it because the mana costs are high.

W - Hmm uh this could use a nerf. 1.5 times strong = 50% stronger right? 600 aoe range 60% with your Ult knock up. Remove the 1.5 thing and make it 500. Other than that, i like the concept!

E - Numbers are good, though it should last for 3 sec at least. 5 seconds of movement speed will last to long in a team fight.

R - A hard cc is strong on ad carries in general. Also, you should put how long the targets are knocked up.

Overall, he's pretty strong. I like the concept.
And if you could, can you review my champion? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2615551