Double Jungle WTF?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesot

10-08-2012

I've always wanted to run Shyv/Nunu double jungle. Juju didn't need red and Shyv doesn't need blue, so this combo wouldn't be as dependent on owning the enemy jungle.

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Double jungle doesn't work at all because it leaves your adc exposed bot
- you dont run the ad carry bottom lane

hes usually in a 1 v 1 top lane for survivability
with your tanky dps sustaining champ in bottom lane for a 1 v 2

Quote:
the jungle nerf
it doesn't starve your jungles either with the, quick re-spawn times of the jungle creeps and lane cover swapping allows both janglers to reach levels faster, the older map made it alot harder to run this strategy with out starvign parts of your team.

the key is early invasion and decimate the enemy's jungle camps, from then out its warding and invasion every time he is visible on the map.

the other thing that makes this work is how we run the strategy: split the map vertically. that way you have quicker move times for ganks on top or bottom lane from single junglers
and a conversion double gank on mid.

the other advantage to this is if the enemy jungle moves to counter-gank and is visible on the map your 2nd jungle guts his jungle again.

Quote:
would be interesting to see a tournament team do it.
there has been multiple pro teams that do double jungle. or jungle + roaming

I have done double jungle in solo que ranked: managed to get a competent team and a set up for it and they agreed to running our ad carry top lane and we crushed the other team.

alistar solo'd bottom Tristan top lane, Ahri mid, Lee sin jungle smiteless {me}, shaco jungle with smite

but then again the odds of getting a well organized team that knows about double jungle and how to run it is pretty slim for solo que.

usually with team set ups that can work for it, and i suggest running it i get flamed out as a troll.

best compositions for double jungle is:

High burst ap mid with a hard crowd control & mobility
Ranged ad carry with good escapes - top lane : Tristana, Cait, Vayne, Graves, Ezreal
Jungler 1 manaless: lee sin, riven, mundo Shen, shyvanana : running smiteless
Jungler 2 ap based that can invade well- NUNU, shaco, udry,
high sustain bottom lane: any champ that can handle a 1 v 2 lane easily.

Goaticus Maximus

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrmCkr View Post
- you dont run the ad carry bottom lane

hes usually in a 1 v 1 top lane for survivability
with your tanky dps sustaining champ in bottom lane for a 1 v 2

it doesn't starve your jungles either with the, quick re-spawn times of the jungle creeps and lane cover swapping allows both janglers to reach levels faster, the older map made it alot harder to run this strategy with out starvign parts of your team.

the key is early invasion and decimate the enemy's jungle camps, from then out its warding and invasion every time he is visible on the map.

the other thing that makes this work is how we run the strategy: split the map vertically. that way you have quicker move times for ganks on top or bottom lane from single junglers
and a conversion double gank on mid.

the other advantage to this is if the enemy jungle moves to counter-gank and is visible on the map your 2nd jungle guts his jungle again.

there has been multiple pro teams that do double jungle. or jungle + roaming

I have done double jungle in solo que ranked: managed to get a competent team and a set up for it and they agreed to running our ad carry top lane and we crushed the other team.

alistar solo'd bottom Tristan top lane, Ahri mid, Lee sin jungle smiteless {me}, shaco jungle with smite

but then again the odds of getting a well organized team that knows about double jungle and how to run it is pretty slim for solo que.

usually with team set ups that can work for it, and i suggest running it i get flamed out as a troll.

best compositions for double jungle is:

High burst ap mid with a hard crowd control & mobility
Ranged ad carry with good escapes - top lane : Tristana, Cait, Vayne, Graves, Ezreal
Jungler 1 manaless: lee sin, riven, mundo Shen, shyvanana : running smiteless
Jungler 2 ap based that can invade well- NUNU, shaco, udry,
high sustain bottom lane: any champ that can handle a 1 v 2 lane easily.
How would you counter double ap then? Someone like annie would destroy your adc top and would make it easy to counter your invades. What happens if you don't get off successful ganks and the enemy runs a farming jungle like fiddlesticks? This build works but it's more like a gimmick than a strategy, think of it like cheese in SC2. The pros don't even do it because it would require people not knowing about it to work.

As for soloqueue, yeah we've all been there in ranked, I myself have played a little over 4k games on my several accounts and had those games where people refused to let someone jungle so you end up with a double jungle and the next thing you know your team is dominating, but that's not the same thing as a well thought out strategy with good flexibility and balance.

If you are looking for High Elo Tips, Tricks, and Guides check out my youtube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/drwaddy

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
How would you counter double ap then?
ganks dont have to kill to be successfully
knock them out of exp range and gold farm or send them packing on a recall its not hard to knock down ap champs early game with there low armour and mr.

or the ADC top lane can out of range last hit if they try to ap burst chain or combo spells as u farm u can bait attack animations and hit them instead & use moves to back off like caits net ect.
most ap carries have smaller attack range then ur ad carry: what ap has is bust power & spell range over sustain attacks. as long as u can stay out side their range and dodge aoe,skill shots u r fine.

if u remember old school mid used to be ad/ap carries vs ad/ap carries not much difference moving to top lane

Quote:
but that's not the same thing as a well thought out strategy with good flexibility and balance.
agreed, the few times i have ran it in solo where organized and thought out. but that is rare but i will leave a note about it:

there has also been ranked games where i predicted a double jungle from the opposition based on their team comp, and counter set for it via our last picks and ran our own double/roaming team heavily warded and invaded them from the start and it paid off as we stumped both junglers befor they could snow ball on us with better coutner picks and plays + warding for invasion and counter jungled back.

from my point of view knowing about it can be the difference between losing and winning and WARDS win games.

AlmightyFork

10-09-2012

If the enemy team has no jungler, one gets top half, one gets bot half. Bring oracles.