Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoJo

Member

10-08-2012

How does this even happen? The eSports scene has laid all the groundwork you needed to do this right. Why not copy Korean LoL setups and adjust them accordingly? They've already been through all this trial and error stuff so you wouldn't have to with Starcraft. Sound proof booths ARE necessary. A vuvuzela shouldn't have ever been heard to distract the player in the first place. Remove ALL sightlines to screens from every player seat. Setup LAN's to ensure the safety of your connection. There's no excuse for cutting corners and/or being lazy in a $2 million tournament. This is madness.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

a team mate

Senior Member

10-08-2012

but on the TSM/AZF, woong looked at the minimap and even pinged ingame.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riptide292

Senior Member

10-08-2012

I guess the headsets aren't soundproof


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Proximus D

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We are working on an offline LAN solution but it takes some time to spin up. That allows the players to be immune from internet connectivity for the most part.
I hope long-term you guys are also considering some kind of automatic backup of the current game state. I didn't mind the pauses too much - hardware can fail, there's no way to absolutely prevent it, but that a 59 min (!) game had to be remade was a real bummer.

I mean: infos about things like player position, which items they bought etc must be stored somewhere in the server memory, right? It might cost too much server performance to store these things on the hard disk every x miliseconds for all games, but you could at least do this in tournament draft mode, I hope.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

haithere

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Why does everything have to be veiled in political correctness? Why can't you just say the truth, guys?

"We ****ed up."

I would actually respect you as a company if you admitted it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Durdi

Junior Member

10-08-2012

This has got to be the most disappointing thing i have ever witnessed in esports.

if you want professionalism look to the international.

this is not to start a dota/lol fight. the international was one of the best run events in all of esports to date.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kmol

Member

10-08-2012

No more live crowd for the rest of the playoffs...? Are you serious? That is the best part of your broadcast 90% of the time (with Deman being the other 10%). Why not just annouce the venue you will be hosting the semi's at and make it free admission?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashfordjim

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckybed View Post
...Regarding the actually matches, TSM got outplayed by Azubu. May you check the 2nd match when Taric warded the tri bush in the top lane. No team can plan for having a bot lane support to walk to the top lane just to place a ward.

Thanks for the read and the consideration of probable cheating.

Later!
I love the irony of this post. (TSM noted AF's tendency to do this exact thing which they sent a 5-man gank to counter and grab FB in game 1, but the peek during the pause ruined the surprise for AF's support)

That isn't to say that they would have won the match (they were ahead early in G2 and still lost), but there's nothing to say they wouldn't have won and gone into match 3.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AncientSpark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by haithere View Post
Why does everything have to be veiled in political correctness? Why can't you just say the truth, guys?

"We ****ed up."

I would actually respect you as a company if you admitted it.
That's basically what they said.

What, is it suddenly more legitimate if they made it curt and swore in it?

I was disappointed in S2 Finals too, especially since I was watching it with a friend that I had not been able to hang out with for a long time, but things happen, they'll pay the consequences. No need to jump on their gun for semantics sake.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slashiroth

Senior Member

10-08-2012

gibe 5k rp give 5k rp riot pls