Why does Darius's ult have such a short cooldown when it isn't reset?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bungboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telamox View Post
You realise that his mana pool is quite small to begin with. You basically want him to use no other skill for him to even attempt ulti chains (because you know using Decimate, Apprehend and Crippling Strike doesn't take mana). If you want the increasing mana cost on his ulti by 100 per use, then give him something to make his other skills viable. Say, all other moves have their mana costs halfed and are 50% more effective then what they are currently.

For someone who is supposed to be in the fray of melee combat, he lacks innate tankiness and/or sustain to get to the fray, and he lacks any form of true gap closer to actually give him the boost he needs to get into the fray. He has issues that the other bruisers lack. Leave his ulti, since it's the only thing that makes him decent to use.
Did you read even what you quoted? "But he's nowhere near op, so if he got this change then he would need to get the rest of his kit buffed accordingly." That's what I said.
He could use a hugely increased scaling on his Q. His Q starts to get really weak once the game reaches a certain point. An increasing mana cost on his ult shouldn't be much of a problem. It would just stop him from being tempted to spam his ult for every single kill, which is a big reason why people don't like having him on their team. What happens really often is it's not even necessary in the slightest for Darius to ult but he uses it anyway. If he had some damage put into his other abilities, he could still contribute the same to teamfights without having to "secure" kills on people that would've died anyway.

Telamox

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungboy View Post
Did you read even what you quoted? "But he's nowhere near op, so if he got this change then he would need to get the rest of his kit buffed accordingly." That's what I said.
He could use a hugely increased scaling on his Q. His Q starts to get really weak once the game reaches a certain point. An increasing mana cost on his ult shouldn't be much of a problem. It would just stop him from being tempted to spam his ult for every single kill, which is a big reason why people don't like having him on their team. What happens really often is it's not even necessary in the slightest for Darius to ult but he uses it anyway. If he had some damage put into his other abilities, he could still contribute the same to teamfights without having to "secure" kills on people that would've died anyway.
Thank you for pointing out my mistake. I quoted the wrong person. Not going to edit the original post. As for the increasing mana cost on his ultimate due to players spamming it, it is ALWAYS the players choice whether to spam his ulti or not, to deny their own team gold or not. What about the ones who could Ulti 'spam' but choose to let the carries get the kill? What happens if you are forced to use your ulti because your team doesn't want to secure the kill or leaves it to you? What if you get into a situation of cleaning up a team fight but you can't bunnyhop to clean it up because everytime you do it's mana cost has increased?

Other bruisers are quite capable of going on 'KS' sprees, it's just it isn't as commonly reported as the Darius ones. His nature of relying on hemorrage stacks for the double ulti damage means that noxian bunnyhops are hard to pull off, considering his ulti's lackluster damage when you build him bruiser.

With Darius being a pariah and generally hated by the community, along with most people and their innate instincts to follow the masses (whether they choose to or not, 90% of people have followed a majority number in some way, irrespective of whether the idea is logical or not), most cases of Nerf Darius ulti, or remove Darius, can be attributed to a collective desire to be rid of him, but I imagine most of them haven't played as Darius long enough to see his glaring issues in relation to the other viable bruiser picks.

I will say though, you are the first person in quite a while to agree with a proposed change (usually a nerf) and actually say that you have to buff somewhere else in his kit to make it fair.

Kagami

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea De Penserhir View Post
All of which is avoided by simply clicking away from him.
Cause it's not like you have to go near him to CS ever or anything or get zoned...

Nea De Penserhir

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami View Post
Cause it's not like you have to go near him to CS ever or anything or get zoned...
I'd go through and list all the champions who can CS just fine, fight evenly with him, and even beat him into the ground, but you're probably too dead set on the "MUST RIGHT CLICK DARIUS TO WIN" mentality.

Beating Darius is 50% kit and 50% execution, roughly. Get better.

Inferso

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotamer View Post
I find Daruis annoying. Think about,
Passive- Posion. Both teemo and twitch are built around this gimmick, and he has it and other annoying things?
Q- Punishes you from running, who thought that was a good idea?
The slow- So your giving armor pen to the guy that does ap, ad, and true damage?
The pull- so blitz's pull without the skill and can pull more people?
The ult- Need I get started?

He is a poorly built champion that is underpowered in lower-level play, annoying in middle-level play, and non-existant in pro-level as far as I know.

And to Certified, If is used properly, it shouldn't go on cooldown.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAH you serious?

TheRobot99

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungboy View Post
Yeah and Garen also doesn't use mana, has infinite sustain, built in tenacity and damage reduction on his W, a form of hard cc, and is really tough to gank while having just as good damage throughout the game as Darius. So, you were saying?
You forgot that Garen's ult is easier to use on high health targets (tank execution).

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-08-2012

100 seconds is plenty of time to steamroll an ultless darius's lane... What do you mean he doesn't get punished?

Or did your team not go capitalize on his ult being down after you made sure to tell them... you did right?

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-08-2012

For those who still think he's OP

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2391118