To all Those who dont believe in a toxic community being on League:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VynDétta

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symonia View Post
1. The players are human. Humans suck in general.
Actually, I think this is something that most people forget a lot of the time. It's really easy to detach yourself from the game because you're sitting behind a computer screen, I doubt you would speak to someone in real life with that kind of attitude (and if you do, then that's a matter of character and requires more than a few comments on a thread to help fix).

At the end of the day, just remember that league is a game and unless you're a pro player then there really isn't that much on the line worth getting so angry for.

1scythe1

10-07-2012

This game would be so much better without chat. Add a couple of new pings for like wards and going back or something. Just saying, that's what makes it crappy to play, the garbage people type.

Blackguarana

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolnemesis View Post
Dota's community is and always has been much nastier than LoL's... LoL players seem like care bears compared to Dota.
Nastier my ass ,if you play right and if you dont do stupid things that can afect team chances to win the game no one will lay a word on you ,same thing in LoL ,but in LoL i see much more ******* then in Dota ,and for Dota 2 community ,LoL community is just garbage pile of imbeciles and mostly because lots of Dota 2 players are former LoL players who could not stand growing number of morons in LoL ,i am still in LoL but often bans from noobs will change my mind.

Evolnemesis

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackguarana View Post
Nastier my ass ,if you play right and if you dont do stupid things that can afect team chances to win the game no one will lay a word on you ,same thing in LoL ,but in LoL i see much more ******* then in Dota ,and for Dota 2 community ,LoL community is just garbage pile of imbeciles and mostly because lots of Dota 2 players are former LoL players who could not stand growing number of morons in LoL ,i am still in LoL but often bans from noobs will change my mind.

You just proved my point... you admitted you get banned for being a d-bag to people all the time, and so you go to DoTA. I'm sure you act the same there, you just don't get banned for it there because EVERYONE acts like a d-bag so they don't ban people for being schmucks.

Yet somehow you argue that THIS community is more toxic? I guess they are toxic to you because they report you when you rage at them curse them out or feed or whatever you do (probably all of the above) and so you get banned. To me, you getting banned IS Riot doing something about the problem of toxic players.

MadLilith

10-07-2012

Its how society is now formed by cussing high school can really change the way u talk to others and stuff ive been playing since june of 2010 and when i found out about it i was damn a free game online sign me up now. Now that i think about it the community back then wasnt so bad.

Levigasm

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolnemesis View Post
You just proved my point... you admitted you get banned for being a d-bag to people all the time, and so you go to DoTA. I'm sure you act the same there, you just don't get banned for it there because EVERYONE acts like a d-bag so they don't ban people for being schmucks.

Yet somehow you argue that THIS community is more toxic? I guess they are toxic to you because they report you when you rage at them curse them out or feed or whatever you do (probably all of the above) and so you get banned. To me, you getting banned IS Riot doing something about the problem of toxic players.
You're an idiot.

Evolnemesis

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadLilth View Post
Its how society is now formed by cussing high school can really change the way u talk to others and stuff ive been playing since june of 2010 and when i found out about it i was damn a free game online sign me up now. Now that i think about it the community back then wasnt so bad.
I will admit that it does seem to be worse now than it was... but I think that's really what just happens in any pvp game, especially once the competitive scene starts really getting big and people start taking games more seriously and everything is not as casual.

Actually lately I haven't really had problems with people much in my games, maybe I've just been lucky or maybe the honor system is really doing something.

Evolnemesis

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iH8FatChicks View Post
You're an idiot.
I don't get banned... to me it takes an idiot to get banned... I've been playing this game for almost 3 years without a single ban, and I'm willing to bet you can count all my reports on one hand. Raging at your team (which I can guarantee is what that guy got banned for) doesn't win games, period. And if you want to play Dota instead, nobody is stopping you.

Sevorast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
People who think the lol community is toxic don't understand jack about what community really means. Community isn't that random pug that you meet only once in your life and never play with them again but the people you decide to socialize with on a routine. Community is the people you actually want to play with for better or worse. Community is actually spending time when not playing the game getting to know each other and your hobbies and aspirations.

Anyone else who would rather just ***** and moan about pugs can suck my sleigh balls.
Community is the sum of all people playing the game and interacting with one another.

It is used as an analog for 'player base' by most people. The word community is supposed to foster a sense of belonging and kinship, which is why they chose to use that word when referring to the player base to begin with, because 'player base' is a cold and detached descriptor.

I understand your basic point though, in that you can just surround yourself with people who aren't complete dickbags and eliminate most of the issues that come from the fact that the LoL community at large is pretty much just a bunch of spoiled angry children.

And to those saying the community wasn't so bad before... Yeah I been here since the beta, and the only time the community was anything other than pure poison was in the beta and the first month or so after release. Once word started to get out that the game wasn't terrible it was all downhill.

Evolnemesis

10-07-2012

Yeah I started during the beta... but I still think it's unfair to single out LoL's community, any large internet community tends to attract 'toxic' people.. you are talking about a playerbase of MILLIONS of people... of course a few hundred thousand are gonna be dicks, especially in ANY competitive game like this...

Are you seriously saying that this community is really much worse than Call of Duty? or Halo? or WoW? or Dota or HoN? Every one of those games also has annoying, retarded people, and people who will curse you out and call a noob and a 'f*g' or 'ni**er' or whatever other **** their 12-year old minds come up with if they don't like how you play one match.

12 -year olds and idiots ARE part of the player base, like it or not, there's no way they could keep them out, so if you want to play a game with them, you will have to deal with it. And because of how chat and pretty much any other interaction over the internet works, you notice the idiots and annoying dicks a LOT more than the people who aren't... because the dicks tend to talk more. That doesn't mean the whole community is those people... you just notice them more.

TL;DR: There are annoying, stupid people everywhere on the internet... and the gaming community at large is full of spoiled, angry children... you won't avoid them by going to another game (unless it's single player)... the ignore button works, and it's better than getting banned. Also, there really are a lot of decent people too... you can just find enough people you like to play with and avoid the problem altogether.