To all Those who dont believe in a toxic community being on League:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InShortSight

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriormonkey03 View Post
Man i wish i could find this picture again.

It was basically a guy sitting at a computer for 4 panels.
First panel:
Level 1, guy is happy makes a comment about fun yet difficult
Second panel:
level10, guy makes comment about fun but people leaving
third panel:
level 20, visibly angry raging about quitters and feeders or something
fourth panel:
level 30, gone completely psycho cursing out his entire team...

I wish i could find that again
i remember that one 2, was it ctrl+alt+delete?

EDIT, SHEN'd

Tenmar

10-07-2012

People who think the lol community is toxic don't understand jack about what community really means. Community isn't that random pug that you meet only once in your life and never play with them again but the people you decide to socialize with on a routine. Community is the people you actually want to play with for better or worse. Community is actually spending time when not playing the game getting to know each other and your hobbies and aspirations.

Anyone else who would rather just ***** and moan about pugs can suck my sleigh balls.

Blackguarana

10-07-2012

Moron community LoL ,DOTA 2 Community > LoL Community (kids ,and imbeciles) .....

Axxlon

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunishedEagle88 View Post
I got an honest question for you guys and gals out there who love to play this game for fun. What if you believe you are a toxic player but you just won't admit it?
And what if you don't have a life? (Note: "What IF")

Quote:
I've been playing this game near religiously since May...
Religiously since MAY? ...yeah, you might wanna check on the kids. They might be dead from neglect by now. Just saying. >_>

Quote:
maybe its the spirit of competition or maybe its just me
Ohhh no-no-no. The spirit of competition is something much different. But neither is it "just you".

Quote:
and here I am saying "omg noob, you're bad" unintentionally...
I think you mean semi-unconscious. As in, yes it's intentional but just weren't completely thinking it through. Basically, not thinking.

Quote:
So I want to know from you guys, what should I do to help not saying these nasty things anymore?
Honestly? You're not saying anything "nasty". Just try to control yourself though, if you want to be seen as a better person.

Venova

10-07-2012

Just focus on saying more positive things instead, instead of calling a teammate a noob say something like "really?" it expresses your frustration but isn't as rude, and you can turn it into something positive like "come on we can do better then this lets pull it together"

It can also be helpful to take a positive leadership role, warn your team of danger, advise them to ward more or keep out of the jungle if it's caused a couple of bad teamfights

Symonia

10-07-2012

1. The players are human. Humans suck in general.
2. 'The Meta' really backs up this problem, because warding is just for one person right?
3. It's a mix of languages, which never helps.

Symonia

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venova View Post
Just focus on saying more positive things instead, instead of calling a teammate a noob say something like "really?" it expresses your frustration but isn't as rude, and you can turn it into something positive like "come on we can do better then this lets pull it together"

It can also be helpful to take a positive leadership role, warn your team of danger, advise them to ward more or keep out of the jungle if it's caused a couple of bad teamfights
I do all of that, and keep getting responses like "ajaja u noob".
Could be the culture problem, I dunno.

Aknowsia

10-07-2012

I dont think there's toxic players till you hit lvl 30.

With that said since the new honor system has been put in place everyone seems to be a lot nicer. Hope it keeps up. Sure you get your one bad apple still, but I've found things have been a lot better.

Irate Pirate

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackguarana View Post
Moron community LoL ,DOTA 2 Community > LoL Community (kids ,and imbeciles) .....
Somebody got mad at me in Dota 2 for the same reason LoL people get mad at me. If this happens in closed beta, that just means there's not much hope to have for the game. Also, your pretentious comment only makes your esteemed community look like ****. Remember dota all-star's community? Yeah, it was worse than leagues.

Evolnemesis

10-07-2012

Dota's community is and always has been much nastier than LoL's... LoL players seem like care bears compared to Dota.