Jungle is almost as bad as support now...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abrach

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainB85 View Post
I feel the same way man. I even had a blast jungling Kha'Xiz in the early game... great ganking potential and lots of fun to play... but even if I went 7/0 in the laning phase, as soon as people started group it was painfully obvious I'd be so much better off as Mumu or Naut or someone with great CC and initiate, rather than a semi-fed jungle (I say semi, because while I had good money off of kills, my overall farm was still poor compared to laners with high CS).
This.
Even when I get fed by really successful ganks and jungle invasions, I still fall behind in jungle farm due to the time required to setup those ganks and move around the enemy jungle based sometimes on pretty much guesses.

Pretty much all the time I'll get my Frozen Mallet way after the toplaner gets his Trinity Force, even when ahead in kills and being a "jungle carry"

Bittlez

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrach View Post
This.
Even when I get fed by really successful ganks and jungle invasions, I still fall behind in jungle farm due to the time required to setup those ganks and move around the enemy jungle based sometimes on pretty much guesses.

Pretty much all the time I'll get my Frozen Mallet way after the toplaner gets his Trinity Force, even when ahead in kills and being a "jungle carry"
Jungle income. *sadpanda face*

Bittlez

10-07-2012

... stupid cheater threads... It's like they don't realize it's already been confirmed you can't see the screens..*rolls eyes*

bumping anyway

iainB85

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrach View Post
This.

Exactly.

Irelia Bot

10-07-2012

It has been fun and all but they kinda need to just return to the old jungle where the XP and gold given was higher but the champs that were actually good for the job was much lower. I started playing jungle about a month before it was changed and I loved jungle riven in the old jungle but it just isn't fast enough for my liking in the new one.

With the camps being easy to kill and worth less jungler just isn't a job that many actually like to do.

One of the main issues that I have heard about the old jungle was that Shaco could get both buffs and gank being level 3 at around 2:15 in. Shaco has been nerfed enough that that should not be an issue.

Bittlez

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaP616 View Post
It has been fun and all but they kinda need to just return to the old jungle where the XP and gold given was higher but the champs that were actually good for the job was much lower. I started playing jungle about a month before it was changed and I loved jungle riven in the old jungle but it just isn't fast enough for my liking in the new one.

With the camps being easy to kill and worth less jungler just isn't a job that many actually like to do.

One of the main issues that I have heard about the old jungle was that Shaco could get both buffs and gank being level 3 at around 2:15 in. Shaco has been nerfed enough that that should not be an issue.
Yup. As much as I don't want to be one of those "I DEMAND A RED POST" kind of people I believe myself and others would greatly appreciate any input from the head honchos concerning this, what we believe to be, issue.

KomandahPandah

10-07-2012

I think the role of support jungle is being used because it is so strong. A second initiate on the team essentially protects the AD carry and mage more then before because the focus turns to the initiator.

Axzarious

10-07-2012

When jungling I often tend to be one of the top 3 gold wise. If a team member is low health I offer to tag em out of their lane and farm while they are in - or if they aren't in their lane I do the same. I also say where I am going to gank in advance and estimated time so they can set one up. If they dont? tough. I go back to farming my jungle or my enemies. I often don't spend time waiting in the brush and am constantly moving. Sometimes I even help out in a lane and apply pressure to the other champion with pokes or such if they aren't doing too well and need the help. I also make active effort for killing the dragon - one of the primary advantages of a more agressively built jungler rather than a tanky jungle.

Bittlez

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axzarious View Post
When jungling I often tend to be one of the top 3 gold wise.
Quote:
one of the primary advantages of a more agressively built jungler rather than a tanky jungle.
So what you're saying is you build a Lee sin with HoG+wriggles and then go into tank items? Also "top 3".. 5 people, 2 are Jungler/Support. Who are you outfarming GOLD-wise?(this isn't about Creepscore, remember, because jungle creepscore is 1/3rd of normal creepscore). You will -always- be in top4.. I'm more concerned that you're just being a farm-monster in lategame to make up for early game BS?

When is the last time you did a carry jungler with frozen mallet, IE, PD combo?

Xion Moonray

10-07-2012

Problem one: Jungle monsters have gotten a series of buffs while getting rewards reduced. You used to be able to get away with some really reckless jungling before the S2 rework, nowadays it's dangerous without a precise set of runes, masteries, and items.

Problem two: Lanes are more defensive than ever, Ganking windows are small and it's difficult to get to a lane in time to take advantage of a mistake.

The result? Send a tanky champion with huge amounts of CC to jungle, and just play the role of CC bot for your laners. Remember when Warwick was the gold standard of junglers? How often do you see him as opposed to, say, Nautilus? Warwick's DPS is just as great as it's always been, but DPS has become undesirable for a jungler.