Why does Darius's ult have such a short cooldown when it isn't reset?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xerxeswolf

10-07-2012

Well i agree with you, but if they dont increase cd they should at least make it cost alot more per ulti used (like kassadin and kogmaw ulti) that way he'll have to pick who to ulti more wisely instead of r-r-r-r-r and and more of watching mana and who needs to go down at what time. U know what i mean?

lemonpartyfan0

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerxeswolf View Post
Well i agree with you, but if they dont increase cd they should at least make it cost alot more per ulti used (like kassadin and kogmaw ulti) that way he'll have to pick who to ulti more wisely instead of r-r-r-r-r and and more of watching mana and who needs to go down at what time. U know what i mean?
That would just be horrible...

AwesomeGuy09

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungboy View Post
Well compared to Garen, Darius is actually not a good champion. If Darius had more sustain or mobility like Garen then I'd say sure, make his ult cd just as high. But Darius has no sustain, escapes, or even innate tankiness. I think his ult deserves to be better and on a shorter cooldown than Garen's because Garen has a much better kit for a tanky dps.
dont even compare the two, garens cooldowns on everything is much much longer

Nea De Penserhir

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeGuy09 View Post
And more useful.

Bungboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerxeswolf View Post
This idea is actually not that bad and I wouldn't mind it. The mana cost increases by 100 every time he ults. If he doesn't ult for 8 seconds or something, the mana cost is set back to normal. But he's nowhere near op, so if he got this change then he would need to get the rest of his kit buffed accordingly.

LongMustaches

10-07-2012

Lux's ult cd 24sec with 40% cdr. o noes a spam ult. plz nerf.

darius is weak enough, if anything i would reduce the cd on his ult.

Bungboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeGuy09 View Post
Yeah and Garen also doesn't use mana, has infinite sustain, built in tenacity and damage reduction on his W, a form of hard cc, and is really tough to gank while having just as good damage throughout the game as Darius. So, you were saying?

Kagami

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea De Penserhir View Post
It's his reward for landing 5 hits in short succession as a mid-speed, clunky, lumbering melee only champion.
Except he has a slow, pull, and movement speed buff all for landing thoses AAs, if you get one, getting a few more isn't hard unless they have the mobility of Jayce or Riven.

Telamox

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungboy View Post
This idea is actually not that bad and I wouldn't mind it. The mana cost increases by 100 every time he ults. If he doesn't ult for 8 seconds or something, the mana cost is set back to normal. But he's nowhere near op, so if he got this change then he would need to get the rest of his kit buffed accordingly.
You realise that his mana pool is quite small to begin with. You basically want him to use no other skill for him to even attempt ulti chains (because you know using Decimate, Apprehend and Crippling Strike doesn't take mana). If you want the increasing mana cost on his ulti by 100 per use, then give him something to make his other skills viable. Say, all other moves have their mana costs halfed and are 50% more effective then what they are currently.

For someone who is supposed to be in the fray of melee combat, he lacks innate tankiness and/or sustain to get to the fray, and he lacks any form of true gap closer to actually give him the boost he needs to get into the fray. He has issues that the other bruisers lack. Leave his ulti, since it's the only thing that makes him decent to use.

Nea De Penserhir

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami View Post
Except he has a slow, pull, and movement speed buff all for landing thoses AAs, if you get one, getting a few more isn't hard unless they have the mobility of Jayce or Riven.
All of which is avoided by simply clicking away from him.