@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L2 Sentinel

Senior Member

10-07-2012

While we are kind of on the subject of Soraka, I wasn't completely sold on the rework until I started playing her in game. Her in game model is pretty phenomenal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTaur

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
This just in:

My art director just sent an email to the entire art team about female diversity because he's watching this thread, and told me so on twitter.. which amuses me greatly..

Am I doing ok here?
6/10, you can keep your job for now.

Just kidding. But seriously, WHERE ARE THE BRAWNY CHICK SKETCHES I ASKED FOR?

Just kidding.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Old Dirty Teemo

Senior Member

10-07-2012

I LOVE ponies!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTaur

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Quoting myself.. el oh el..

By the by, my art director mains Miss Fortune and I main Leona. We get along swimmingly.

VARIETY!
I don't duo queue that often, but I did duo queue like this once and stomped bot lane. Surrender at 20. (Xin ganks may have helped.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grand Eleven

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana View Post
This is why women in high-heels are traditionally attractive to men - the heels subconsciously make them more dependent on men because they can't engage in combat or running. In extreme cases, this leads to practices like foot-binding.
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read...

It couldn't be because it makes the legs look longer or forces the calves to flex so they appear more shapely ...

.... nope it's because it makes them more dependent.

You just demonstrated the feminist extreme another poster was ranting about. Bravo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Quoting myself.. el oh el..

By the by, my art director mains Miss Fortune and I main Leona. We get along swimmingly.

VARIETY!
We've missed you, parrot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qwert

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Sadly, not even Lux can be an example of an un-overly-sexualized female champion anymore.

Look at what you guys did to the quintessentially classy female champion.

In both her original and Chinese art, she is in full armor and in a normal pose. Now she goes full on broken back boob-thrust, and even goes out of her way to show off as much of her legs/hips as possible by hiding the armor that used to cover them!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
Sadly, not even Lux can be an example of an un-overly-sexualized female champion anymore.

Look at what you guys did to the quintessentially classy female champion.

In both her original and Chinese art, she is in full armor and in a normal pose. Now she goes full on broken back boob-thrust, and even goes out of her way to show off as much of her legs/hips as possible by hiding the armor that used to cover them!
still better than this


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-07-2012
44 of 61 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psaion View Post
Are there any more champions like Varus in development? He gets brought up often enough in conversations like this, as does the lack of sexualization of men, but that part of the subject is often dropped after being mentioned. I really like Varus' design!
Eoin, one of our other senior artists, who designed Fiora, Varus, Draven, and a TON of skins, is designing a particular character that I think will very much please a lot of people in a lot of ways in the area of looks. Eoin brings a really unique style to his champions, and what you will be seeing from him in the future will make the angels cry.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gaskevinge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
This just in:

My art director just sent an email to the entire art team about female diversity because he's watching this thread, and told me so on twitter.. which amuses me greatly..

Am I doing ok here?
Amazing to hear. While I was glad you were showing interest and discussing this, I honestly did not believe anyone else was paying attention, and i'm happy to be proven wrong.

Happy enough to go buy a champion I was previously just saving IP up for, and maybe a skin or two i've had my eye on. Even if I rarely use all the champions I own, this thread is reason enough for me to invest my abysmally tiny portion into Riot.

Thank you. <3