Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-07-2012
7 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegafilter View Post
I REQUIRE MORE Tryndamere sitting in your lap it was to sexy.
ha - that it was!

Henry Plainview

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoIntestines View Post
Helicopter pilots can still hear the sound of the engines, just quieter and duller. Vuvuzelas are loud.
I know, I was making a comment about how they said the soundproof ear muffs solve everything before the game, and now they're blaming something on sound that came through the ear muffs.

Cytox

10-07-2012

get some advices from korea! the ogn championships were amazingly organized

Noxian Mercenary

10-07-2012

Thanks for shedding some light in on the subject at least, Red.

Mekiah

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
No further incidents of screen-looking were witnessed during this match.
Except there was. Azubu Frost looked over at the mini map when the game restarted. Someone looked over then pinged top lane where 4 TSM members were. Other than the fact that combining the ping together with the lookover adds up to blatant cheating, what is your response? This was not done during the pause, and no pause followed their lookover. The game went on and they found out TSM's strategy.

Chry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

RedBeard -

Why is there no option for an Offline LAN or at least bring down a local server for the tournament client? That way at least if your internet circuit at the site goes out in the future all you'll lose is the stream...

edit: would also make DDOS situations impossible and there wouldn't be widespread accusations of that as well. BTW - I heard you used Time Warner - I can tell you from personal knowledge that their commercial network in LA is terrible.

pancho1206

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBoY9x View Post
well at least riot said something
yeah the only thing they said is oops sorry like if that was enough, i really think that TB and tobi wan are right, league of legends is an overgrown e-sport i mean, every other game have booths even in one tournament , riot had sound proof booths the question why the hell not using them, and the answer to the team that might have been cheating is :"ok, man but dont do it again". To me this seems really hilarious, and if the league of legends scene is young why dont you copy of other (dota 2 or SC2), is just like the game if you want to be better at the game do what the best players do.

Li7hium oOo

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
That is still being determined, but we are aiming for Wednesday as the makeup date. Please know these events require a lot of setup and configuration, so the exact day is still in flux.
Does this mean it won't have any live audience? I mean, with such short notice I doubt you'll be able to get any tickets ready on time but I just want to be sure.

zZBlackmatterZz

10-07-2012

I think there is a reason a ton of the larger tournaments out there in esports have booths. I personally would love you guys to be putting full, air conditioned booths up on the stage. Also something to think about when you are dealing with an outdoor venue is weather.

Since I have a heavy background in production, I would say that you could have had some weather issues for sure in regards to wind/rain/and light issues. These multiple post stages have had many issues with weather in the past, just something to think about with a high profile event. By the way, the rig looked amazing and whoever did your production did a great job (I hope it was PRG, they def need a high profile event right now). LED screens looked great on the stream, and no flicker issues which was really great.

Secondly in regards to power on an outdoor venue, generators and making sure there are backups are really needed. There should be at least one backup to each generator and fuel consumption tables should be provided for you so that if things go longer, you are going to be ok.

It's easy for people to sit here and say that if preparations were taken this wouldn't have happened and all due respect you guys, but having a heavy production background and doing this for over 20 years you need to understand that even when you have backups to the backups, things go wrong. The fact that Riot isn't being quiet about this and has formally made statements is not only professional but also fair to everyone involved.

Redbeard, thanks a ton for your statements and hope to see the streams back up soon.

- Jeff
OldButGr8

Sikot

10-07-2012

Really unfortunate all this happened and some of it could've been prevented.. but good response by Riot. I'm impressed at the profession and resolve going forward.