Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psyclone Joker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

"We’ve reviewed the existing footage and firsthand accounts from our referees, and we believe the player’s head turn may have been in response to a loud vuvuzela and crowd cheering. We haven’t found conclusive evidence either way and are continuing to investigate."

Sound proof headsets you say?

ShurykaN

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhico View Post
Thanks but if it was set up properly this wouldn't even be a problem, please next time make sure they have no chance of seeing the map
Maybe put a wall between them and the screens so they can't see. Right now its like "don't cheat, but we put a giant minimap up right behind you."

Zerglinator

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advexis View Post
i keep seeing people bring this up? i must of missed it..what did he say that was so bad?
He said that the viewers a t home "are just a number", among other stuff I can't remember.

Mind you, this was after the final connection issue. I'm pretty sure he was tired and wasn't thinking about what he was saying and his mind was just desperately grasping for something to make the live audience feel better...

Ryceman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

There is nothing you can do about the power failure but not having LAN servers or game state saves in case of internet failure is extremely short sighted.

Whisla

10-07-2012

Love that riot explained this the very next day and didnt let people sit on it.

inhibitor is op

10-07-2012

Fix whatever it is for the finals. No excuses but thanks for informing us

Ryceman

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by capttree View Post
Atleast this post is better than the other Red post regarding this situation. A good start would be getting better Shoutcasters. A few things they said last night were pretty unprofessional.
Frankly Deman and Jatt were the best thing about Day 3.

Sabrestrike

10-07-2012

The ping in the TSM vs Azubu Frost game where one of their players shifted, saw all of tsm in their top lane pinged that lane arbitrarily and sent two to guard their red buff afterward seems really suspicious. Especially since the refs seemed otherwise engaged during that incident.

Luckybed

10-07-2012

I was surprised you guys went for an outdoor event. Season 1 went very well with the sound booths and what not; I am really hoping for a return of that venue.

Regarding the actually matches, TSM got outplayed by Azubu. May you check the 2nd match when Taric warded the tri bush in the top lane. No team can plan for having a bot lane support to walk to the top lane just to place a ward.

Thanks for the read and the consideration of probable cheating.

Later!

Sk33tSauce

10-07-2012

Better this than silence. I heard an awful lot of excuses for players breaking the rules, but what is important is that you didnt try to excuse poor venue design with the screens being visible in the first place.

Keep us posted.

The world is judging you by how you handle this, and it could make or break your E-sports aspirations by itself.