@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saiphe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

As a non-male, I actually like the "stripper" skins available. I understand that they over sexualize women and that most people don't look like that. But I don't want to play the obese trailer park Miss Fortune. Sure, they could do with more "realistic" figures, such as not all of them having a size D+ cup. But, go to deviant art and look at some male drawings of humans and female drawings. I can almost GARENtee that the drawings by females will be more sexualized and wearing fewer clothing than those of their male counterparts. Girls like to look at girls. Almost more than guys do, tbh.

HolyChalice

10-07-2012

I want more female champions like Lulu and if they have armour on no boob plates please that's redonkulous

MathMage

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiphe View Post
As a non-male, I actually like the "stripper" skins available. I understand that they over sexualize women and that most people don't look like that. But I don't want to play the obese trailer park Miss Fortune. Sure, they could do with more "realistic" figures, such as not all of them having a size D+ cup. But, go to deviant art and look at some male drawings of humans and female drawings. I can almost GARENtee that the drawings by females will be more sexualized and wearing fewer clothing than those of their male counterparts. Girls like to look at girls. Almost more than guys do, tbh.
Nobody is arguing for obese MF. No one is even arguing that MF, as a lady pirate hunter, shouldn't be sexy. Insofar as anyone has anything to say about MF, it's that her lore doesn't really excuse her having a waist you could encircle with your hands. It's not that she's sexy, it's that she's exaggerated to the point of being ridiculous.

Whiteglint3

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Nobody is arguing for obese MF. No one is even arguing that MF, as a lady pirate hunter, shouldn't be sexy. Insofar as anyone has anything to say about MF, it's that her lore doesn't really excuse her having a waist you could encircle with your hands. It's not that she's sexy, it's that she's exaggerated to the point of being ridiculous.
and thats the point.

she's essentially a Cartoon, (the jessica rabbit skin didn't cue you in) exaggerations are everywhere, people shooting lighting, people who ARE lightning, giant alien insect predators, Cat man Predators, Sentient Fear.

women having impossible waists is where you draw the line, its just too funny.

Lolily

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

I want a mecha champion controlled by a flat chested girl in a white dress.

L2 Sentinel

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Eleven View Post
Devil's Advocate:

OP says she doesn't want to remove sexualized champs, just bring some balance into it. But is she really saying there would be no uproar if Riot released a grandma ... a barbarian woman ... some other random champ .... then a former *** slave support champ who's "buffing" abilities involve servicing the ADC and who's ultimate "stuns" everyone in view when she performs her strip tease?

We're OK with sexualization if it fits the character right as long as it doesn't classify majority of champs?
Obviously something that would make this an M or AO game is unlikely to happen. Besides that, a former *** slave would probably not be keen on performing *** acts for fun. It's a pretty traumatizing thing to go through. She'd probably be hardened by the experience, and more interested in making her oppressors pay.

Padagi

10-07-2012

There are a series of factors that contribute to the things you have brought up.

First I think that media in general sexualizes women. There are some outlying reasons for these, especially an argument for the fact that women are inherently sexier than men. Media and people in general have an easier time sensationalizing female sexuality because it's human nature.

Second, you're pointing out a major change in an industry strongly favoring young men. Video games center around a certain customer type and products are tailored to that demographic. Most specifically we are talking about selling a product to men aged 18-35.

Sure you can argue your point, that Riot should try to even out the gender gap, but *** sells. When the vast majority of your customers, fans, employees, industry and even company owners are young men, what do you expect? I would even argue that a more balanced approach might hurt the bottom line more than it would benefit from bringing in casual female gamers.

Unstable Fury

10-07-2012

@IronStylus

You wanna appease the FemiNazis rename "Battle Bunny Riven" -> "Gloria Steinam Riven" and rename one of WW's skins "Virginia Woolf Warwick" or something.

I have been playing LoL for maybe two years now. I have dropped big coin on skins and quite a few are what the OP calls sexy stripper skins. I guess I must be the lowest common denominator. I must be some kind of sexist-pig-misogynist-jazzhat. DGAF.

You want my money keep the sexy skins coming. The only legit complaint anybody should be making about Riot's art is that somebody over there has a SERIOUS FETISH FOR THE COLOR PURPLE.

That is all.

Gunxlinger

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupahMonkiee View Post
Front Pose = Here's How...Don't make her naked
Back Pose = Here's How...Don't make her naked
Side Pose = Here's How... Don't make her naked

Obviously they are not naked (with the exception of Zyra), but you get the point.
Fiora isn't naked but people are complaining. In fact all of her body is covered.