Kalamunja, The Shadow of Ionia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gjom

10-07-2012

Before you do anything, please read this. I'm aware that some people will be viewing this thread. If you're coming here, please tell me what you think of it. If you're here to read the concept, I'd like you to leave 100% honest feedback. I can take it, trust me. If you have any suggestions that will aid in character depth, or to balance his stats or skills, let me know.
Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my Champion Review Thread here!!
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2191347

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*All similarites to other champs are coincidence and your paranoia getting to you. :P

Kalamunja is a ranged, melee carry, whose sole purpose is dealing an immense amount of damage and providing a great attack damage asset to any team.

Role: Ranged, Carry

Overview:
Health: Average

Attack: Very High

Difficulty: Above Average

Spells: Low

Recommended Items:
Berserker's Greaves, Blade of the Ruined King, Infinity Edge, Youmuu's Ghostblade, Last Whisper, Banshee's Veil

Recommended Summoners:
Name:  Heal.png
Views: 115
Size:  7.5 KBName:  Flash.png
Views: 115
Size:  11.0 KB

Stats:
Health: 400 (+82.00/lvl)

Health Regen: 5.9 (+0.5/lvl)

Armor: 17.00 (+2.7/lvl)

Magic Resist: 30.00

Attack: 52 (+2.7/lvl)

Attack Speed: 0.651 (+2.7%/level)

Mana: 250 (+45.00lvl)

Mana Regen: 6.8 (+0.6/lvl)

Range: 535

Speed: 355

*Kalamunja's basic attacks are swings from his scythe, extended by the cable he holds. The on hit animation is a small explosion of blood and flame.

*Kalamunja's critical hits are an overhead swing from his cable scythe, stabbing down on the enemy.

Ability Set:

Attachment 537778
New Life Force (Innate):
For every 3% of his missing health, Kalamunja's Attack Damage is increased by 1.

((Doing a rough estimate, he'll only be getting around 50 AD at his lowest HP, if you build him with no HP.))

Attachment 537779
Slash of Vengance (Q):
Kalamunja curses his blade, causing his next basic attack within the next 4 seconds to deal an additional 30/60/90/120/150 (+0.6 per bonus attack damage) physical damage and marking them for 4 seconds.

If Kalamunja damages a marked target (consuming the mark), Kalamunja deals additional bonus damage equal to 20/25/30/35/40% of his base Attack Damage.

((This means upon his SECOND auto attack, the auto attack damage AND the bonus damage will register.))

Mana Cost: 40/50/60/70/80 Cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6 seconds Range: ---

Attachment 537780
Grave Rupture (W):
Kalamunja stabs his scythe into the ground, dealing 40/70/100/130/160 (+0.5 per ability power) magic damage to all targets in the selected area.

If Kalamunja damages a marked target (consuming the mark), Kalamunja curses the enemy, granting priorly marked target an aura, lowering their movement speed by 20/25/30/35/40% and all nearby enemy units' movement speed by 1.5 times that amount for 2 seconds.

((There is also an animation of the ground rupturing toward the target area. Though it is quick, it gives a warning off like every other move.))
((Enemies caught in the Aura Radius will have the slow removed immediately if they leave the aura.))

Mana Cost: 75/80/85/90/95 Cooldown: 21/19/17/15/13 seconds Range: 900 AOE Radius: 400 Aura Radius: 600

Attachment 537782
Soul Relief (E):
Kalamunja cries out, calling a dragon soul to his side for 5 seconds. While the dragon remains by his side, Kalamunja gets an additional 10/15/20/25/30% movement speed and a demonic aura that absorbs 70/95/120/145/170 (+0.4 per bonus attack damage) damage. The movement speed buff is removed if the shield is broken prematurely.

((This dragon is NOT a minion, it is in fact an untargetable being (such as Pix) that is attached to his back.))

Mana Cost: 50/55/60/65/70 Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14 seconds Range: ---

Attachment 537783
Afterlife's Conclusion (R):
Kalamunja throws the scythe with great power to target location, breaking the seal of his scythe, unleashing the power behind it. An undead dragon forms around the weapon, roaring and flying with the scythe. Enemies along it's path take 200/250/300 (+0.4 per ability power) magic damage. After the scythe lands, Kalamunja pulls the blade back to him, dealing 200/250/300 (+0.4 per ability power) magic damage.

Enemies hit by Afterlife's Conclusion are marked with Afterlife's Seal. If the enemy is hit by Afterlife's Conclusion a second time, the seal is removed, knocking up all enemies in it's path.

Afterlife's Conclusion deals 10% less damage for each unit hit, down to a minimum of 50%. The damage reduction is reset when the scythe reverses direction.

Mana Cost: 150/175/200 Cooldown: 110/100/90 seconds Range: 1800/1900/2000

((This here is a classic example of a cluster****. Basically, you take Sivir's Boomerang ideals, giving it larger radius and range, you give it two different scalings and you give it an additional effect which makes you want to land the ult properly.. Hit them once, damage.. Hit them twice, damage twice AND knock up. ))

Lore:

Magics run wild in the plague lands, remnants of forgotten wars. An otherworldly sentience drives the wildlife, seeking vengeance on anything that moves. On an expedition to find a rare herb, Kalamunja found himself trekking through the plague lands armed only with his brother's trusted scythe. Despite the danger, his mind was only on one thing; his brother who lay dying in Ionia. His heart was cursed in toilings with feral magic. Kalamunja was unaware of the sentience tracking him. Crawling along Kalamunja's heels, the sentience listened to his prayers. Searching out for the herb the sentience possessed it, bringing it into Kalamunja's path. Retrieving the herb, he rejoiced. When suddenly the sentience shot out vines, rooting him to the ground. At last, but far too late, he called out, bringing forth the desperate power of a dragon. As the vines drained his life force, the dragon's began to fill him. The dragon's essence burnt the vines, causing the sentience to retreat. Darkness covered the eyes of the changed man, his weapon releasing from his hands as he fell to the dirt.
- - -
When Kalamunja awoke, he was not but a twisted shell. The essence of the dragon had left his skin charred and scaly. The dragon's instinct at war with his own sullen hope. Not only was his body changed, but his weapon as well. Lying next to him, fixated a changed, new weapon. The scythe's body had mutated, burned flesh and bone replacing the wooden handle, and the tooth of a dragon fixated below the blade, the newly birthed weapon fashioning a second blade beneath it's first. Burned and etched into the larger blade were certain, unknown markings. A seal. He grabbed the blade slowly, standing to his feet. Upon doing so, flames shot down the blades, lighting them ablaze. In fear, he dropped the weapon, the flames shorting. Confusion filled his mind. Retrieving the weapon from the ground a second time, the flames licked up the blade again, engulfing the steel and bone in black fire.
Unknowing of what had happened and unable to allow himself to return home, his brother left for dead and his body distraught, he sought the only answer he could. Death. The only way to truly free his soul and to give him peace was death. In a massive effort, but to all dismay, his body wouldn't let himself die. Every inch he grew closer to death, the dragon's rage burned up inside him, bringing his vitals to standard. The more life force he lost in his own body, the dragon filled with it's own. His mind torn and his body wretched and disfigured, he sought out the only magicians he knew had the knowledge capable of reverting him or destroying him: The League of Legends. Sensing his power, The League chose to exploit the dragon's rage, caging and reprimanding his powers for the sheer love of the fight. Anger boiled within Kalamunja's veins. The one's he sought help to turned and created more of a monster than he already was. His only wish is to break free and seek revenge on the Emissary that did this to him.

Possible Quotes:

"Kalamunja is a blessed soul. Unfortunately he is a better fighter" - League Emissary

"I remember him. I hope it isn't mutual" - Zyra

Appearance:

Kalamunja's appearance is scarred and different. With a slender build and stature, though due to his burns and scars, his body looks older than it seems. His face is filled with a youthful gleam, but the flesh is scarred and tattered. Scars cover the left side of his face, his left eye blackened from ash, his iris and pupil turned yellowish orange. His other eye remains a beautiful clear white color, however the iris and pupil have been seared over, leaving him with a blank eye. His hair, seemingly untouched is a brilliant orange, spiked up and wind blown. His hair seemed to be the only thing that looks unaffected. (Hair Example)
From the bottom up, Kalamunja's left foot has taken on talon like qualities, leaving no room for a shoe, so he wears one tattered boot on his right foot. The boot, though traditional has seen more than it's fair share of wear, and is barely functional as a boot. His attire consists of a large, black, tattered cloak with the Ionian symbol on it's back, which hangs loosely off his right shoulder. The remaining side of his body, which is half hidden by the cloak, is hideously disfigured by burns and scars, scales breaking through his skin. His left hand, as well as his foot has taken on the attributes of a claw, giving him a scaled hand and pointed, thickened nails. His right hand, though scarred is more human and is still functional. His scythe never leaves his right hand. His cloak on the right side, as mentioned is tattered and ripped along the ride side, revealing a darkened, slightly scaled and scarred chest. His body is thin, and one can slightly see the ribs poking through his skin. Along his chest are markings the resemble a white dragon skull. He also has markings down his back that resemble that of a dragon spine. His arms have markings resembling a set of dragon wings. They are hard to see, but his skin is scarred and burned, allowing for it to be seen. Around his neck he wears a small, short necklace. On the leather strap around his neck, there hangs a small dragon's tooth, a small vial which contains the essence of his brother's soul, and another small vial on the opposite side of the necklace containing a small herb, which is said to be the herb to cure his brother of his illness.

Skin Ideas:

Rage Born Kalamunja
Kalamunja's appearance has been overcome by the Dragon of the Undead, leaving his body fully covered with burns and scales, black and dark red scales covering his skin. His markings are more prominent and he adorns a few new markings on his face. His Scythe is covered in black flames, rather than just the blade, and it is covered in more flesh.

Tips and Tricks:

For Playing Kalamunja:

- Kalamunja is an AD Carry, so positioning is everything. Make sure your team keeps you in the back, allowing you to attack to heart's content.

- Although a majority of Kalamunja's attacks scale off AP, he's an AD carry and should be treated as such. Early Doran's Blades are a good idea! However, hybridism isn't a bad idea. Experimenting could prove to be a great idea.

- Remember! You have NO targeting abilities, so make sure to use your AOE's to your best advantage before Auto Attacking like a beast. Open up with Afterlife's Conclusion, then use Slash of Vengeance to target the carry, marking them, and then use Grave Rupture to reprimand the carry, causing the aura around them, forcing their team to stay slowed, or to peel off the carry.

Speech and Hotkeys:

*Kalamunja has a dark, slightly demonized voice hardened by insanity.

Upon Selection:
"Fate has brought me to the shadows.."

Movement:
"Death creeps closer.."
"Their death awaits." (He shares this quote with Nasus.)
"Lurking in the shadows."
"Creeping death's path.."

Attacking:
"Dragon's might!"
"Death awaits you."
"Your future is grim!"

Upon Critting:
"You can't defy death."

Upon casting Soul Relief (E):
"Demons!"
"Dragon!"

Taunt:
"Let me help you break free from that wretched carcass you call a body."

Joke:
"You only live once? No.. I live forever!"

Dance:
Kalamunja takes his scythe and begins to practice with it, spinning it around on it's cable and making different swings, moving as he does so.

Upon Death:
The seal on his weapon breaks, engulfing him in black flames, nothing left but a charred circle on the ground where he stood and the weapon fallen in the center.

- - -

Like I said, I am open to any sort of ideas on balancing him, and such. So PLEASE leave your input.

And in payment for your feedback, please feel free to leave your OWN ideas, so that we can help each other.
- Gjom

Gjom

10-07-2012

Change Log:

October 7, 2012
- Champion concept posted. Make sure that I'm not missing anything? ;D
- All icons added. **Special thanks to CRAZYRUSSIAN for the ability icons, and solomid.net for the item/spell icons**
- Massive and minor changes to all skills. Numbers, cooldowns, and wording have been changed.
- Potential Surge's name changed to New Life Force.
- Range increased to 535 from 515.
- Magic Resist raised to 30 from 27.

DarkPercy

10-07-2012

0mg the skeleton dance video got me staring mindlessly at it for 2 minutes ._. lol
*Reeeeeaaaaaaallly?*

Passive: This is actually really not overpowered. It's actually pretty underwhelming. Also, I dislike passives that don't create new gameplay. Passives that can be ignored completely without changing much. You can check in-game champions passives, they are all game-changing and need to be given a thought to be used to maximum effectiveness.

Your passives encourages getting kills as a carry. You were already going to do that anyways. What I suggest is adding another effect to your passive, kind of like the old Katarina passive (She gained extra gold on kills/assists AND got refreshed cooldowns on kill).

Q: This is cool, but that cooldown is ,in my opinion, waaay too high xD. Your Q ability should be your main, most spammable, reliable spell. This ability has no range at all and very mediocre damage. I suggest a 5 or 6 seconds cooldown.

W: This is fun too :3. There's something that confused me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjom
If Kalamunja damages a marked target (consuming the mark), Kalamunja curses the enemy, granting priorly marked target an aura, lowering their movement speed by 20/25/30/35/40% and all nearby allied units' movement speed by 1.5 times that amount for 2 seconds.
Basically, you slow your own allies by 1.5 times 20/25/30/35/40% ? I think there's a word missing somewhere xP.

While the slow/haste is really good, the high cooldown and poor base damage (and no AD ratio, and magic damage!) makes this ability a little weak I think. I would either reduce cooldown or buff the damage.

E: Only complaint: The shield is weak. I could easily this ability be like Nautilus and Janna's shields: Make the shield much stronger and make it scale with AD, but if the shield breaks, you lose the movement speed buff.

R: Reaaaaaaaaaaaaally cool . I loved the description .

I love the boomerang effect and everything with it but the ''seal'' thing makes no sense to me lol. So, if you're bad and miss your enemy when your boomerang comes back, it's k. he still gets hurt almost as much. You might as well not give a **** about your Scythe when it comes back xD.

I don't like the mechanic because to use it, you have to do something wrong to get it working (Instead of rewarding you for good play, you get rewarded for bad play lol). And also because it only deals damage and does nothing else. I would change the second part of this ultimate for something that isn't damage and that doesn't require you to miss your spell to use it lol.

Anyways, ''obviously'' a very interesting champion ;3

Gjom

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPercy View Post
0mg the skeleton dance video got me staring mindlessly at it for 2 minutes ._. lol
*Reeeeeaaaaaaallly?*

Passive: This is actually really not overpowered. It's actually pretty underwhelming. Also, I dislike passives that don't create new gameplay. Passives that can be ignored completely without changing much. You can check in-game champions passives, they are all game-changing and need to be given a thought to be used to maximum effectiveness.

Your passives encourages getting kills as a carry. You were already going to do that anyways. What I suggest is adding another effect to your passive, kind of like the old Katarina passive (She gained extra gold on kills/assists AND got refreshed cooldowns on kill).

Q: This is cool, but that cooldown is ,in my opinion, waaay too high xD. Your Q ability should be your main, most spammable, reliable spell. This ability has no range at all and very mediocre damage. I suggest a 5 or 6 seconds cooldown.

W: This is fun too :3. There's something that confused me though.

Basically, you slow your own allies by 1.5 times 20/25/30/35/40% ? I think there's a word missing somewhere xP.

While the slow/haste is really good, the high cooldown and poor base damage (and no AD ratio, and magic damage!) makes this ability a little weak I think. I would either reduce cooldown or buff the damage.

E: Only complaint: The shield is weak. I could easily this ability be like Nautilus and Janna's shields: Make the shield much stronger and make it scale with AD, but if the shield breaks, you lose the movement speed buff.

R: Reaaaaaaaaaaaaally cool . I loved the description .

I love the boomerang effect and everything with it but the ''seal'' thing makes no sense to me lol. So, if you're bad and miss your enemy when your boomerang comes back, it's k. he still gets hurt almost as much. You might as well not give a **** about your Scythe when it comes back xD.

I don't like the mechanic because to use it, you have to do something wrong to get it working (Instead of rewarding you for good play, you get rewarded for bad play lol). And also because it only deals damage and does nothing else. I would change the second part of this ultimate for something that isn't damage and that doesn't require you to miss your spell to use it lol.

Anyways, ''obviously'' a very interesting champion ;3
Everything has been changed around, and I hope you're fond of the changes. :P

Also, for the dance, if you have something, please suggest it. xD

Gjom

10-07-2012

Bump

super GGGGGGG

Recruiter

10-07-2012

E's move speed seems a bit high....
maybe its just me but 30% at max rank? that would be close to 500 move speed. Even higher with a PD which he would definitely have. maybe buff the shield and nerf the move speed, or just make it a constant 20% at all ranks.

Gjom

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by super GGGGGGG View Post
E's move speed seems a bit high....
maybe its just me but 30% at max rank? that would be close to 500 move speed. Even higher with a PD which he would definitely have. maybe buff the shield and nerf the move speed, or just make it a constant 20% at all ranks.
I will definitely consider a change to it, but for now, I've only gotten the one complaint. I did however forget to add the fact that the buff is depleted if you break the shield, so..

Osprii

10-07-2012

I like it. The only problem is, his attack speed and damage both seem really low at all levels, and his range is also lower than most AD carries. For all ranged units, magic resist is 30 at level one and doesn't increase ever, not 27, I'm pretty sure. For a resource, check http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...ion_statistics.

Tamur

10-07-2012

I have to agree with Osprii and his base MS is lower than most AD carries. Thinking for dance maybe he practices with the scythe, Skins I'd like to suggest Reaper Kalamunja, Dragon Born Kalamunja, or Rage Born Kalamunja.

Gjom

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprii View Post
I like it. The only problem is, his attack speed and damage both seem really low at all levels, and his range is also lower than most AD carries. For all ranged units, magic resist is 30 at level one and doesn't increase ever, not 27, I'm pretty sure. For a resource, check http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...ion_statistics.
HIs attack speed isn't supposed to be the highest, it would make you want to build an early Zeal or something to help. Maybe runes as well.
His attack speed isn't as low as an AD carry, but it's definitely down there. xD

I also just fixed the MR and the range for you.