if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sonofzeal

10-05-2012

How many champs do you recommend I work on mastering? I mean, there's half a dozen I'm decent at, but hardly any I'd say I'm good at, and getting there takes an awful lot of time and practice. Should I focus on getting a really tight game with one or two, or being moderately good at a wider variety?

ECHOPLANT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
What champs are you talking about here? It is 100% of viable option for people like nidalee or jayce or gp or something.
I'm talking about at bottom. You usually need to position yourself slightly closer due to the fact that they are ranged as well and going in for a last hit. I understand this is easy in the instance of Nidalee vs say Gangplank, where he has to run up to most of the minions. But at bottom they stand back further, and when I'm not playing Caitlyn, there are always opportunities to harass but I find myself unable to take them due to minion aggro.

Question #2

How do you gank mid as AD carry? I find myself in instances where I am winning my lane and have time to move around and help other lanes, (especially in solo queue). The most obvious routes are to go straight from bottom to mid via river (which is most likely warded), or back and then gank mid from wherever, however this takes a good deal longer and results in a lot more lost cs.

Cardboardowl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezo View Post
Any replays where the ADC performs good in team fights
Ok I'll play a bit today and upload one of the fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
How many champs do you recommend I work on mastering? I mean, there's half a dozen I'm decent at, but hardly any I'd say I'm good at, and getting there takes an awful lot of time and practice. Should I focus on getting a really tight game with one or two, or being moderately good at a wider variety?
You need mastery of 3-4 champs imo. be decent with at least two in every role though

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHOPLANT View Post
I'm talking about at bottom. You usually need to position yourself slightly closer due to the fact that they are ranged as well and going in for a last hit. I understand this is easy in the instance of Nidalee vs say Gangplank, where he has to run up to most of the minions. But at bottom they stand back further, and when I'm not playing Caitlyn, there are always opportunities to harass but I find myself unable to take them due to minion aggro.
do it one shot at a time. if you peck and back off, minions don't have time to do much damage to you.

Quote:

Question #2

How do you gank mid as AD carry? I find myself in instances where I am winning my lane and have time to move around and help other lanes, (especially in solo queue). The most obvious routes are to go straight from bottom to mid via river (which is most likely warded), or back and then gank mid from wherever, however this takes a good deal longer and results in a lot more lost cs.
you don't. If you have that much freedom let your support do it and continue farming. or follow your support.

sonofzeal

10-06-2012

What, in your mind, separates an "Assassin" from a "Mage", if both are generally supposed to be good at bursting down single targets and many assassins build AP?

ECHOPLANT

10-07-2012

How do you stop your team from losing all other lanes as AD carry then? If you don't help them eventually it will overflow into your lane.

OneTobi

10-07-2012

Is it better to buy boots based on lane matchup or team composition?

Lets say I am having trouble trading with an AD top but they have 2 APs on their team. Is it more efficient to buy Tabi to stay in lane or go straight for Mercury?

Cardboardowl

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
What, in your mind, separates an "Assassin" from a "Mage", if both are generally supposed to be good at bursting down single targets and many assassins build AP?
assassins generally have incredibly high SINGLE target burst and mobility. most mages do not

MACHSHO

10-07-2012

Ziggs play:

I was wondering what you thought of this-

Flash/Teleport - I've never had a great time using ignite for kills on ziggs, it often requires me getting close when both me and my enemy low on health when I could go back and use Q or Ult to finish the job. Besides that I have to use satchel to get in on people and lose an escape to risk killing them leaving me open to junglr unless I happen to have wards up. So I started taking teleport and getting an advantage by either level, gold, and turret damage. This has helped me keep mid stuck in mid with me even if I can't beat them in a straight up fight, also it helps me gank other lanes with more accurate ults by being closer, getting there before the enemy realizes it without sacrificing too much exp, gold or turret damage, as walking out of lane with ziggs is a very slow long trip. In late game it lets me buy that rabadon or void staff and still catch up to my team who is usually fighting without me when I try to buy stuff...

Teleport/Promote- Teleport has worked so well for me im considering using promote to pressure mid, i can clear minion waves easily but past the 1st turret im too afraid to push it on my own due to my movement speed and shabby escape. This also helps me dual push lanes, and lets me have a promoted minion to cover my turret if i really need to go back for a bit. Turrets are my favorite places to fight, because with a blue the enemy cant push on me at all and I can do damage to them safely. So I'm wondering if teleport/promote/pushing ability of ziggs could be really strong, what do you think? I use flash less and less due to the new satchel mechanic and more as a backup incase i dont have satchel. In team fights Im usually way too far to be caught.

Also my build usually goes like this-
1. shoes 2 red 1 blue
2. chalice <-because in single pub I can't guarantee I'll get blues + MR helps me use my passive, it ets me out of tight spots when I just need to regen enough mana to satchel out of trouble.
4. Sorc
5. Needless
6. Rabadon
7. Grail
8. Void Staff <-used because there's always 2-3 people with MR, and that weakens my ult. There's nothing more depressing than hitting 4 people with my ult, 3 of which have enough MR to barely scratch them. I'd rather take a big chunk out of everybody.
9. Rylais <-considered getting lichbane first but throwing an ult that does heavy dmg, and 15% slow makes my ult better, Lichbane only makes my passive better which I primarly use for clean up once laning phase is over.
10. It never goes on this long but I guess Lichbane at this point.

MPen Red, Flat AP quints, Flat Mana Reg Yellow, Flat AP blues <-especially good for heavily harassing Kassadin early before he gets that damn teleport.

2/3 havoc and 1 point in demo

What do you think of my set up?
What do you think about Ziggs now that he has a buff to his ult and satchel?

Cardboardowl

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTobi View Post
Is it better to buy boots based on lane matchup or team composition?

Lets say I am having trouble trading with an AD top but they have 2 APs on their team. Is it more efficient to buy Tabi to stay in lane or go straight for Mercury?
mercs over tabi if you don't have a choice or another place where u get alot of mr. in a 50/50 between tabi and mercs, go for mercs.

Quote:
How do you stop your team from losing all other lanes as AD carry then? If you don't help them eventually it will overflow into your lane.
AD carry is tough to do that with. just try and make calls like dragon and grouping when appropriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACHSHO View Post
Ziggs play:

I was wondering what you thought of this-

Flash/Teleport - I've never had a great time using ignite for kills on ziggs, it often requires me getting close when both me and my enemy low on health when I could go back and use Q or Ult to finish the job. Besides that I have to use satchel to get in on people and lose an escape to risk killing them leaving me open to junglr unless I happen to have wards up. So I started taking teleport and getting an advantage by either level, gold, and turret damage. This has helped me keep mid stuck in mid with me even if I can't beat them in a straight up fight, also it helps me gank other lanes with more accurate ults by being closer, getting there before the enemy realizes it without sacrificing too much exp, gold or turret damage, as walking out of lane with ziggs is a very slow long trip. In late game it lets me buy that rabadon or void staff and still catch up to my team who is usually fighting without me when I try to buy stuff...

Teleport/Promote- Teleport has worked so well for me im considering using promote to pressure mid, i can clear minion waves easily but past the 1st turret im too afraid to push it on my own due to my movement speed and shabby escape. This also helps me dual push lanes, and lets me have a promoted minion to cover my turret if i really need to go back for a bit. Turrets are my favorite places to fight, because with a blue the enemy cant push on me at all and I can do damage to them safely. So I'm wondering if teleport/promote/pushing ability of ziggs could be really strong, what do you think? I use flash less and less due to the new satchel mechanic and more as a backup incase i dont have satchel. In team fights Im usually way too far to be caught.

Also my build usually goes like this-
1. shoes 2 red 1 blue
2. chalice <-because in single pub I can't guarantee I'll get blues + MR helps me use my passive, it ets me out of tight spots when I just need to regen enough mana to satchel out of trouble.
4. Sorc
5. Needless
6. Rabadon
7. Grail
8. Void Staff <-used because there's always 2-3 people with MR, and that weakens my ult. There's nothing more depressing than hitting 4 people with my ult, 3 of which have enough MR to barely scratch them. I'd rather take a big chunk out of everybody.
9. Rylais <-considered getting lichbane first but throwing an ult that does heavy dmg, and 15% slow makes my ult better, Lichbane only makes my passive better which I primarly use for clean up once laning phase is over.
10. It never goes on this long but I guess Lichbane at this point.

MPen Red, Flat AP quints, Flat Mana Reg Yellow, Flat AP blues <-especially good for heavily harassing Kassadin early before he gets that damn teleport.

2/3 havoc and 1 point in demo

What do you think of my set up?
What do you think about Ziggs now that he has a buff to his ult and satchel?
your build is good. don't take promote in a serious game. He also already has a practically global presence with his ultimate so i don't really feel like tp is needed.however, if you love it, feel free to keep it. every ziggs i ever see in my elo carries ignite though.

I think ziggs is a great champ, good skill-cap, lots of tricks, and insane damage. He doesn't have quite the utility of other mages, but man is his damage insane.

Kulmid

10-08-2012

Going to be on at around 5:30pm EST (1hr). Would you be willing to do some 1v1 mentoring?