Best AoE Champ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maleric

10-07-2012

I was curious what champions have the best AoE?

TheDeafGuy

10-07-2012

Annie and Lux are the bursty AOE mages, so if you want to do instant aoe damage pick them
Aniva, Karthus, Vladimir, Kennen, Fiddlesticks, and Cassiopeia are really good at aoe damage too, but its not instant

USS BUTTPEE

10-07-2012

Cho is a very underrated AoE mage.

TeknoWizard

10-07-2012

I'm going to go with Kennen and Galio.

ASAP Prince

10-07-2012

I'm gonna say, Amumu, Malphite, Galio.

Amumu - HUGE AoE Range, Incredible Burst Damage, Extremely Good Initiation.
Malphite - Great Range on Ultimate, Good AoE Range, Good Burst Damage, BEST Initiations.
Galio - Huge AoE Range, Extreme Burst, 3 AoE Techinques, Amazing Intiation

Paranowa

10-07-2012

dont forget Brand... his w and ult in a teamfight can do some serious AoE damage!

Goaticus Maximus

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
I was curious what champions have the best AoE?
Wow that's a completely open ended question. Are you talking about AOE map presence, aoe control, aoe damage?

Anivia in middle is considered one of the most broken champions in the game, but requires someone who is EXTREMELY good to play which is why she hasn't been nerfed. If you are looking for a champion that has good aoe damage, nice burst, and great team fight control then you really don't need to look any further.

If you are looking for a champion that can put out solid aoe dps the entire fight and also has strong map presence, then Karthus is an extremely solid pick. His ability to charge into a fight causing aoe damage, his primary nuke being an aoe, and his passive allowing him 7 seconds of damage AFTER he dies. Did I mention his ultimate hits every champ on the map and can be triggered while in his passive state?

If you are looking for a champion that has good aoe control in team fights, then you would want to try Galio. He can speed up his team to start or prevent a fight, he can aoe slow people who are caught out of position and prevent them from escaping. His ultimate is an aoe taunt that can turn an entire fight in your favor.

Please keep in mind this is by no means a comprehensive list or even the most valuable picks in these positions. They are just several good examples for a completely vague question.

If you are looking for High Elo Tips, Tricks, and Guides check out my youtube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/drwaddy

Maleric

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaticus Maximus View Post
Wow that's a completely open ended question.
My apologies, I didn't mean for it to be a vague question, but I was referring to AoE teamfight presence. Primarily focused on Damage, but wouldn't mind a nice AoE stun or something similar.

Goaticus Maximus

10-07-2012

Karthus doesn't have a stun but his team fighting presence is insane, you could easily include Annie for her insane aoe burst, Brand has extremely good damage that can be spread to the entire team, Morgana can catch an entire team in her ulti and w if she plays it right. There really are a lot of good options, I suggest you try a few and decide which suits you best.

Maleric

10-07-2012

I appreciate the tips. Any bruiser type AoE dmg you can think of?