@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrontlinerDelta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Stopped when I saw that you included Lux in "over-sexualized".

You were pushing it with Fiora and including Lux just shows you're overreaching and grasping at straws to support your argument. I will also add that battle bunny riven was a community suggested skin. And Pantheon isn't wearing practical armor in like 90% of his skins. In fact his skins make him even MORE naked than usual.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontlinerDelta View Post
Stopped when I saw that you included Lux in "over-sexualized".

You were pushing it with Fiora and including Lux just shows you're overreaching and grasping at straws to support your argument. I will also add that battle bunny riven was a community suggested skin. And Pantheon isn't wearing practical armor in like 90% of his skins. In fact his skins make him even MORE naked than usual.
hahaha


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Lolicon NA

Senior Member

10-07-2012

oh look....another one of these post...this has seriously been driven into the ground.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempnameA461

Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontlinerDelta View Post
And Pantheon isn't wearing practical armor in like 90% of his skins. In fact his skins make him even MORE naked than usual.
Pantheon is a Spartan.
He doesn't need that much clothing. He's not weak like you.

In fact, don't most champions have some form of combat training to be able to use their abilities [well]?
Isn't weather taijutsu training a basic element of every field combat in existence?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Jonny

Member

10-07-2012

I'm helping!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Imalia

Senior Member

10-07-2012

For what it's worth, I really appreciate IronStylus coming in and addressing the issue personally. I know he's one of many artists at Riot and his input isn't always acted upon for one reason or another but it does reflect well that there is a fairly prominent voice inside Riot that does agree that there should be some change in how female champion concepts should be considered in the future. I really liked Justicar Syndra, btw. And the new Soraka is much less objectionable than the old one, though I'm not sure I entirely agree with the younger look. I'm expecting things to get better over time. I hope I'm not disappointed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

with momoiroUME

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Ok, I'm going to sleep and/or go draw some girls in armor until this topic erupts like a sleeping volcano again.
or something else erupts?!?

hue

On a note I can't really describe. the level of intimate conversation you have engaged with us IronStylus has been beyond impressive. Riot company just gained 5 brownie points. Those points turn into RP XDXDXDXDXD.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rilgon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Welp, you'll see it when we release it. I also am pretty sure I know that I know female champions don't have to be "sexy".
Err, I may have mis-remembered the post, but were you not specifically the person that claimed that female champions "needed to be" hypersexualized so you (the general you, not you the individual) could "tell they were female", and cited Kayle as a bad example?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-07-2012
30 of 61 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilgon View Post
Err, I may have mis-remembered the post, but were you not specifically the person that claimed that female champions "needed to be" hypersexualized so you (the general you, not you the individual) could "tell they were female", and cited Kayle as a bad example?
I didn't say hyper-sexualized, I made a goofy comment about proportions and read in-game which I have since said were dumb. I was in fact defending decisions that I actually didn't agree with but felt the team still deserved credit for pulling off a difficult champion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I didn't say hyper-sexualized, I made a goofy comment about proportions and read in-game which I have since said were dumb. I was in fact defending decisions that I actually didn't agree with but felt the team still deserved credit for pulling off a difficult champion.
Attachment 537609

On behalf of happy players like myself, a salute to the team.