Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Assyrianlegend

10-06-2012

hey lyte!

First off i would like to let you know that your honor system has changed me. I have changed from being a total jerk to having the most honor from all my friends.

However i have question ( not sure if you have answered it) but how does the honor badges work? they look awsome and ive only seen a few people who have them and i have found very little information about them so if you can make the topic a little more clear i would appreciate it.

Thanks !

Daen

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead2Rites View Post
Just regular Windows IE 9
That's why, it's bugged for IE 9. Try Chrome or Firefox.

Extron Zaleus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

But WHY does the "Friendly" have to be TEEMO?!?

Teemo's face should be the report button, IMO.

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Yes, you can lose Crests. We want to encourage players to be Honorable throughout their games and if you lose a Crest, you should be very close to re-earning it if you remain Honorable.

We made Crests temporary because we didn't want players to be able to permanently unlock them and potentially go on bad behavior or toxic sprees. One of the worst experiences you could have is someone who apparently embodies Honor in League of Legends and then verbally abuses you. This is also why we made sure that a player loses all their Honor if they are banned by the Tribunal--to us, a player who is truly Honorable should never be in the 1.5% of players who are punished by the Tribunal.
Does this mean that crests decay when their triggering mechanisms are no longer detected?

Could I earn an honorable opponent crest, and then lose it through not playing games? Or through simply not getting as many honorable opponent points for a while? Or does removal only happen in a response to specific negative/dishonorable behaviors on my part?

Daen

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightNooblar View Post
Does this mean that crests decay when their triggering mechanisms are no longer detected?

Could I earn an honorable opponent crest, and then lose it through not playing games? Or through simply not getting as many honorable opponent points for a while? Or does removal only happen in a response to specific negative/dishonorable behaviors on my part?
I'm assuming it works on an ELO-esque system where everyone has a flat value for Honor and <insert percentage> of the highest Honor holders have the Crest.

Short answer, I would think they do decay when you're no longer in the bracket.

innervation

10-07-2012

Ok, just got done reading all 70 of Lyte's posts, + a fair chunk of the rest and didn't see this issue come up. (Btw, thanks for all the great work so far!).

This isn't a hypothetical - this was my second game after the honor system was launched. My team was getting beat down pretty hard. 6-0, 10-3, 15-5, etc etc all they way up to thirty something to single digits. At least 3 members of the enemy team were going all out saying "nice things" at a rate of about once per minute per person. Some examples:

Our ashe misses her ult, we lose team fight 1-5 on kills:
Enemy 1: WOW nice ult ashe! Really well played.
Enemy 2: Nice teamfight guys, you all are really good players!
Enemy 3: Well played enemies, you should friend me after the game, you're a lot of fun to play against"

Losing a 2v2 in lane or jungle prompted the same bs. "Whew - close fight guys! You guys are skilled " Even though we displayed little to no skill, and they were just snowballing on us.

Do you guys have systems put in place for this kind of behavior? I know I reported them for something (the nerve of these guys made me really, really mad), but I don't remember what it was for. Would this fall under spamming? I mean, the way these guys were laying it on, I can't imagine they thought they were going to get reported for honor by us. I'm assuming they were just trying to cover their bases in chat logs in case their accounts ever got investigated.

NamKim

10-07-2012

It is very interesting how I seen a recent increase in player behavior. I have a friend that tends to act pretty toxic in games. I like to watch him play since he is an awesome person in real life to hang out with (not so much in game). I am so used to people raging on him during his games. But now I am seeing people trying to actively try calm their tempers and try to help the team win.

So, this is currently my views on the Honor Initiative:
-Those who were already positive and helpful will not change at all. They have no need to. However, they now receive honor for being themselves. For these people, honor doesn't really mean much. What they care about is how honor affects others.

-People who were on the border of positive behavior or toxic ones will now more likely to pick positive since there is some sort of reward for them. For some strange reason, people enjoy seeing numbers go up. I like to see more IP gain, have a higher number of owned champions, I wish I owned more skins, I wish I had more wins, etc. I'm sure a lot of people are the same, they probably want their honor numbers to go up. I am not a psychology major but I like to think that if you continuous force yourself to be something, you will eventually be that thing. Such as, I wish to be a very intelligent person that is also very social and helpful. If I force myself to study every day but set aside weekend time to hang out with friends for the next several months to years, I want to believe that I could become a hard working student that is also very social and helpful. So, if players try to be positive to get honor, maybe someday they will become model summoners.

-Players who are toxic will continue to be toxic. These players are toxic for a reason and unless honor has some "real rewards" like RP, champions, skins, etc, they could care less about honor. Which is the reason why I like to believe there is currently no such reward for honor. Personally, I kind of hope there will never be any such reward for honor. I'm personally very happy with the reduced amount of toxic behavior in my games. I have said this many times, I would rather have four bad players than four good toxic players on my team. I play League of Legends to reduce stress, losing doesn't cause me stress (although losing streaks do make me sad ), toxic behavior does.

As for my toxic friend, I always give him a hard time when he's displaying toxic behavior. Other than that, I leave it in the Tribunal's hand. Although, I hope he never actually gets sent there. I tend to see him play after midnight when he is tired. He could very well be a very, very nice player when he plays when the sun is out.

WayneChaw

Recruiter

10-07-2012

if someone has earned multiple ribbons, which one shows? riot guy statuskwoh told me "Honestly, don't remember the specific priority order, however we ordered them and it shows the "most important" one."

can you give some specifics?

Skurai

10-07-2012

Lyte, one thing.

I think I'm a pretty honorable player through my games. (A least a lot more then a everyone else in my friendlist. Lol) yet, since crests is based off games I have played (I think I read that. 5:30 AM, haven't slept) and I have to get honor consistently. I'm pretty much screwed. I do get honor when I play with randoms but I usually play with 3-5 man premade groups with friends. We don't really honor ourselves in most of those games cause we usually forget. So... Yeah. I'm guessing I'll have to tell them "Hey. Honor the MVP all star" ? o_o

Jortalus

10-07-2012

Woot, I've been getting some honor. I played Soraka and support finally gets the thanks it deserves. No longer is it a thankless job. I've only played three games and I have 4 Teamwork and one Honorable Opponent =D