@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenmar

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
*tingle*
I'm sorry but you'll have to live with the fact that you aren't going to be as sexy as Garen.

But on a more serious point I always find it ****ing hilarious how people go full ****** when it comes to their beliefs and want to dictate the world over their superiority complex.

Here is a fun fact about human nature or just simply being human. A human being doesn't have a singular emote like sexy. We are complex individuals that through the power of our facial structure in relation towards our societal norms are capable of conveying different emotes. Complaining about how characters are sexualized by making a sexual pose demonstrates your shallowness because you aren't seeing the forest for the trees.

Realize that people and in the context of this game are meant to be legends, yet they are still human. They are meant to be strong but apart from being strong they still have needs, wants and desires. They still have personality, and character. This means that while you complain about a single pose you are only looking at simply one emote that character possesses given the situation. Would you rather all the splash art have the characters be emotionless?

Also realize that most of the art that has been made as of late is nothing more than standard super hero comic poses that Riot has really overdone. It's standard for the character to have their face zoomed in with their body basically being part of the background as everything just gets smaller. I mean how many of you REALLY looked at the soraka splash art and realize that what you think is a sexy pose is actually Soraka in the middle of a BATTLEFIELD where BOULDERS are smashing down with a CITY BURNING TO THE ****ING GROUND?!

Seriously get over your own morality and stop using your idiotic standards to dictate what the developers should create in their game. The only thing they need to do is create content that is marketable so people will want to buy it. Also it is human nature to actually be able to make ANYTHING sexy. Don't believe me? Then why do fetishes exist?

EDIT: I also find it hilarious that apparently the next generation of feminists are *** NEGATIVE. Basically going against everything the last generation of feminists fought for your ability to vote, dress and do with your bodies whatever you want to do. Hey if you want to stop women's suffrage just let me know. You don't want to see women suffer do you?

Garlyle Wilds

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
*tingle*
Rugged Garen is the entire reason I started playing Garen.

...On an odd note though, if we're discussing attractive male champs, I'd pay good money for a Human Wukong. His energy, animation, and voicework is actually extremely charming to me, he's just... y'know.

To which actually kind of brings up a good point - it's possible to make a champ 'attractive' or 'loveable' beyond just their looks. I'm fairly certain this is part of Ezreal's popularity and probably involved in quite a few others.

MakeAManOutaU

10-06-2012

the problem with op's point is that the majority of gamers are guys so duh theyre going to cater to guys more.

Karolina

10-06-2012

We need a champ like this !
She could be a great tank :P

Aerophobia

10-06-2012

damnit lol...i took a few hours on my post and it just got lost in the thread. I really don't think the complaints are justified. i understand the lack of variety but the complaints and overall generalizing the girl lol players thoughts on the matter are lame and are by no standard correct

Marcian Tobay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Let's kill three birds with one stone.

A black woman melee'ing it up!

Who's with me?

Rachel

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
We need a champ like this !
She could be a great tank :P
anti-sona, debuffing, warsinger champion!!

Shaella

10-06-2012

Hey, where's the ****storm after each post i make
its like you guys don't even know who i am

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Sivir isn't (and shouldn't be) armored, because she used to depend on dodge, your ability to dodge decreases as you put on more armor/clothing.
This is slightly represented with her current passive, where she can run faster while fighting (similiar to how the dodge mastery gave her movespeed on dodge procs, I really miss that).

Otherwise, aside from skins (which I don't count), I only have a problem with Akali, there is no reason a ninja with boobs that large should dress like that.
Akali's large boobs aren't a problem themselves, but if a ninja had large boobs, she would either bind and cover them for stealth and combat reasons, or would use them to distract and/or seduce.
Akali dresses wrong for a female large-boob ninja. Her skins are fine.

And Sejuani.. She's from freljord, it's normal to be under-dressed there, look at Trynd. BAM, equal styles.

KevinDelMarr

10-06-2012

Can we expect or are you interested in a female monster some time next season? Right now only Anivia counts as a true monster that happens to be female. The closest to an Anivia is Shyvana or Nidalee, but that's only really when they transform. You have yordles who break the mold of females, but outside of that, all females follow suit of attractive, distinct females.

I know this isn't what people are talking about, but it might be an idea in the same direction. I feel like Sejuani was close to being a somewhat barbaric, yet still attractive and reserved female. The "Sabretusk Sejuani" is what her classic garb should've embodied imo, because it's revealing without having that beach bikini vibe.