@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

soviergn

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerophobia View Post
One random solo point that i would like to make relating to this topic is trundle. I've seen a few threads in my days on GD and ive read a few riot posts that were made about trundle and thats what i have to say here. When people ask for more trundle skins they come with the valid response of him being the only truly repugnant champion in the league. He is the only champion in the league that was made ugly for the sake of being ugly. He is in fact an ugly troll and that gets in the way of making news skins and looks for him. My main point here is this: The more visually appealing the champion is the more it is is less restricted. They don't have problems making skins for catilyn for example because all they need is the good idea and they can somehow fit a cute outfit onto her and release an eye appealing skin for the masses.
Chogath. that is all. ugly as ****, ass loads of skins.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

soviergn

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xengre View Post
They are extremely busy with a tourny atm... and there have been MANY threads that go without red posts for much much longer. It isn't exactly odd. Just figured I would point that out so you don't feel it is being ignored.
I get that. However, how many get this much community responce in such a short time with zero acknowledgement? Reds are responding. Have been since the tourney started. So while i get your point, its not really an excuse.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xengre

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
Well, sort of. Her stats fall off after half an act. Then Orlandu comes along and does 4x as many things 5x as well. :-P

y u break game, Square?
I personally like Beatrix from FF9 (and how they handle her in story, battles, and temporarily getting her... being so bad ass as to even taking off all her gear being way too strong for the enemies there, having the best sword skills in the game, and even having high end magic such as Curaga/Holy). Then there is Terra from FF6 (I think it was 6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by soviergn View Post
I get that. However, how many get this much community responce in such a short time with zero acknowledgement? Reds are responding. Have been since the tourney started. So while i get your point, its not really an excuse.
A lot, so don't get too worried. It would be nice to see a response at some point though within the week.

Edit: Pretty sad people are downvoting me simply to downvote me at this point...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lemonchief

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adumbro Deus View Post
There is nothing sexualized about sejuani, limited clothing =/= sexualization, it's about pose and characterization.

So you get downvoted by neckbeards who dislike any endorsement of feminism, and also by women who consider equating limited clothing with sexualization basically sl*t-shaming.
Sejuani is a warlord. Who rides a boar. And swings an enormous mace whilst holding a solid block of metal that passes as a shield. She is from Freljord, which is a desolate icy wasteland. When you put together the fact that she is a WARLORD in the middle of ANTARCTICA it is not unreasonable to say that she should probably be fully clothed with copious amounts of armor equipped, especially since she has the strength to remain mounted on a boar while slamming people in the face with a mace that is literally as tall as she is.

I wouldn't have pointed to her as an example if she was, say, a stealthy assassin from the middle of the Sahara desert.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RoyyusGirl

Junior Member

10-06-2012

As a girl gamer I have 2 things to say:
1. No
2. You should probably just try fighting all of society here. Ever looked at comedies on tv? 80% of the ones about a married couple has and old fat ugly guy with a young and beautiful woman. It's how society works. No one would enjoy playing an old female and unattractive female. The only kind of character I could think of that might still be appealing is like some wise grandmother willow thing.

I do agree that we could have some more sexy males though, Varus definately makes it to the sexy list but, meh, he sucks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Efstratios

Member

10-06-2012

Why do people even care about this stuff? I know some female LoL gamers and I don't understand how they can feel out of place in the community, some women even try to use their gender as an advantage. Honestly, OP is scrub who needs to grow up. There are no genders on the internet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genspirit

Senior Member

10-06-2012

soo wut this thread is saying is that we need a stripper ezreal skin


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rachel

Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonchief View Post
Sejuani is a warlord. Who rides a boar. And swings an enormous mace whilst holding a solid block of metal that passes as a shield. She is from Freljord, which is a desolate icy wasteland. When you put together the fact that she is a WARLORD in the middle of ANTARCTICA it is not unreasonable to say that she should be probably be fully clothed with copious amounts of armor equipped, especially since she has the strength to remain mounted on a boar while slamming people in the face with a mace that is literally as tall as she is.

I wouldn't have pointed to her as an example if she was, say, a stealthy assassin from the middle of the Sahara desert.
even ironstylus agrees that this is a thematic fluke and wants to nix the leather bikini


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RoyyusGirl

Junior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonchief View Post
Sejuani is a warlord. Who rides a boar. And swings an enormous mace whilst holding a solid block of metal that passes as a shield. She is from Freljord, which is a desolate icy wasteland. When you put together the fact that she is a WARLORD in the middle of ANTARCTICA it is not unreasonable to say that she should be probably be fully clothed with copious amounts of armor equipped, especially since she has the strength to remain mounted on a boar while slamming people in the face with a mace that is literally as tall as she is.

I wouldn't have pointed to her as an example if she was, say, a stealthy assassin from the middle of the Sahara desert.
The lack of clothing kinda makes her more badass though, especially if you also consider that she's more tanky than for example darius, even though he's got a ****load of armor on xD Unbalanced? yes. Bad ass Sej? Hell yeah!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xengre View Post
Her original proportions are irrelevant, as the different skins are intended to give more diverse appearances. Look at many of the void or other skins in which champs are drastically different or much older/younger then their default/other skins.

Her boobs are possible in the real world... not simply in a vacuum and they are not too large for her body. I have seen many women (even high school girls) with bust much like hers. To claim this as indisputable, coming from you... who often makes informed decent post is a little saddening. The art is much like a visual illusion unless you look carefully and this is mainly due to the way her waste was drawn.
Oh FFS.

Here is a real-life model, **** and all:
http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumb...gthumbnail.jpg

Notice how she has an actual waist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xengre View Post
In regards to Fiora.. forgive me if I am mistaken but I do not believe pose was ever mentioned... That aside, her pose is not entirely innacurate but was not intended to be entirely accurate either (this is a topic reds have discussed in the past).

You claim her semi-accurate but not entirely so pose to be sexist and over the top? I'm sorry... I am not following this train of thought.
What the **** are you talking about, seriously. I have no idea. 'Accurate' to what? It's a T&A pose, it's not in any way a fencing or fighting pose, and prior red posts were about the fencing accuracy of Fiora's model animations, not about her splash art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xengre View Post
In regards to swim suits... so it is appropriate in one setting but not in any other?
...

...

Words fail me.

OF ****ING COURSE a swimsuit is inappropriate in many settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xengre View Post
Eve's lore does thematically math her appearance, but I do still agree it is a bit much and could have been better designed.
Theme: vampirism, ultimate predator
Vampires - their theme often involves charm/manipulation over others as well as extremely sexually attractive physical appearances.
Ultimate predator - barbaric almost, animal like hence almost naked but also to be considered is lack of clothing as a way of not being as restricted by them. Also spikes/sharp edges for use in combat along with her draping cloth/material for distraction/illusionary use and sharp claws/dark body (darkness/vamprism).
Again...FFS. Even if we take this vaguely expressed idea of vampirism and predation as gospel (when in fact it's garbage lore), when you look at Vlad as an example of the male vampire archetype, you cannot seriously argue that Eve is a fair treatment of the female vampire archetype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xengre View Post
I could care less to defend Riot. I am simply making sure that people reasonably and objectively look at the topic and that the right approach in regards to sexism/design is taken.

Sexism is unacceptable but I strongly believe that many of you are approaching the situation in the wrong way. Many of you being uninformed on the topic without any effort to research and double check your philosophies or consider other cultures/views/etc. doesn't help this issue.
Your viewpoint is far from reasonable or objective. It is in some ways ignorant, in other ways pure denial, in all ways intensely frustrating because refuting you point by point over and over and OVER again is simply tiresome.