Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozmega View Post
ur edit 6 is retarded.
they were red team, looking there wouldnt let him see those minimaps

stop the hate already.

This has been bugging me since I was there in-person day 1. It would have been any team that I caught doing it first, but WE was the first team that I happened to see while at my computer.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodOfDotA123

Junior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJLewis View Post
Lol, I'm not even the one down voting you. Maybe someday you'll learn a sense of maturity in conversation.

But in the meantime, if I had the ability to see the enemy minimap and gain vision of them 24/7, I would carry every game. ( As a main jungler as well ).
You're not a pro player, so you have no idea what you're talking about.

It's impossible for them to always look at the enemy minimap. You just can't play when you're looking at something behind you. It's about risk and reward. You can risk looking behind you and getting ganked, to get a small reward.

It's not game breaking, it's not cheating, it's called being good at the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tiny Tina

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryjerry1 View Post
There's also Chaox confirming that the mini map screens were visible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMuB6...tailpage#t=61s
He lost, he is sad, now he needs a reason for his loss.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sandunguioso

Senior Member

10-06-2012

i would love to hear from another pro player that isnt in tsm

because i think they are kinda biased to the situation because of the pause and their fail lvl1

not saying its not true just would like some other team comment on this


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keitau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoHWoX View Post
http://zh-tw.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/334537601
around 5:32:57 you can see tsm got pinned all top just beginning of the match

AZF peeked as well.
This thread is about WE, don't really know why people keep on going back to the TSM game. There really is no way to know why they pinged, ( I think they did look during the pause but eh ), and there is no way to know if the WE player even saw the screen, let alone get a good look at the minimap. Until you can come up with something other than circumstantial evidence and conjecture I don't know why people are condemning these players. They were simply better than the USA teams. In fact, WE got screwed the most due to todays events just because their strategy was displayed before the 2nd reset and CLG was able to ban out Blitzcrank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Putzfrau

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indekkusutaku View Post
I can see your point I really can, they have noise-canceling headphones but owning a pair I know they are not perfect and that the horn may have been audible, but regardless of weather he looked unprompted or looked in response to a stimuli he still looked and that is cheating, for him to look on the screen in response to a horn he would need to think he could not get the information from his own screen, so looking is still cheating.
being a little harsh aren't you?

potentially the WE player could have looked up because the horn sounded. you're saying if he accidentally saw the map they should be instantly branded as cheaters and DQ'd?

my only point is i'd rather not crucify the guy cause he got caught looking in a suspicious direction ONE time, especially when there was no reason to "spy" on the minimap at that point in time anyways. Theres no reason for him to deliberately look at the map, considering they have actual vision of half of clg's team and the other half was JUST in vision not 5 seconds before.

if their goal is too cheat, why did they pick literally the worst time ever to do so? why aren't their eyes glued to the minimaps?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Indekkusutaku

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfDotA123 View Post
Who cares? We have a million people watching and we're having fun. This isn't Dota 2. People don't need to be so **** on rules all the time.

If screen peeking led me to get a million dollars, I'd do it too no problem.
Good to know, because if you are ever in a big tournament I'll be watching like a hawk for you to cheat because it's wrong, and doing it should be punished. If you can't see that I pity you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thrstmoar

Junior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caucxican View Post
I got the first pic and added it to my stage reference photo. So no need to spam it. Best proof of possibility I've seen yet. Thank you

http://i.imgur.com/WlkYO.jpg
Sorry Caucxican, it's just that from the posts I've seen I don't think they've even checked the thread post. Also, both pics already exists in your first post if you haven't realized it :P

Also, do you guys realize how much of his shoulders are turned too? He's facing 90 degrees, he's facing the minimap. Also, if you think he's looking at the crowd, why would he look straight at the minimap?

However, nevermind the above line, not all the blame are on the players though. I'd blame Riot for even giving the chance for this to happen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keitau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandunguioso View Post
i would love to hear from another pro player that isnt in tsm

because i think they are kinda biased to the situation because of the pause and their fail lvl1

not saying its not true just would like some other team comment on this
When isn't TSM biased. Anyone else think its weird the only people to say things like this are TSM members, you'd at least think Scarra would tweet about something as big as this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotSid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfDotA123 View Post
Who cares? We have a million people watching and we're having fun. This isn't Dota 2. People don't need to be so **** on rules all the time.

If screen peeking led me to get a million dollars, I'd do it too no problem.
Who cares? The integrity of the game does. The people fighting for $1,000,000 care. The fans care. The teams care. The SPONSORS certainly care. If the sponsors find out they're sponsoring an event that have people cheating to win a huge sum of money, you can bet they won't be happy, as it makes the tournament look shady, and the sponsors shady by association.

Rules are rules, and it sounds like you have a hard time respecting them. I hope you act this way in game so that we can report you and have you banned, if you're not on one already.