Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alden Cross

Member

10-06-2012

The biggest tell would be if those screens were no longer there/adjusted when they bring up the new venue :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Piai

Junior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qooba View Post
the horn you ****ing ******, he looked around his surroundings too you tard
Okay first of all, go calm yourself because I can't understand a single word you type, when you calm yourself, go back here so we can talk.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotSid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

What they should do is have the screens slightly in front of the players, such that if they were to look up, all they'd see is the bottom of the screens.

I was at PAX, personally, and I didn't see anyone take advantage of this. I also noticed that there was no 3 minute delay for these tournament games, like there is for normal spectating. Though, I did glance at the large versions of the map from time to time. Made me think "woah that's cool!"

There are ways they can keep them without risk of cheating.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ozmega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

ur edit 6 is retarded.
they were red team, looking there wouldnt let him see those minimaps

stop the hate already.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putzfrau View Post
a couple different times i've seen players look like they were going to stand up, then sit down for 10-20 seconds until the game actually ended.

/shrug regardless i think its pretty sketchy to see one guy glancing in one direction and automatically assume he's intentionally cheating and to band together for their DQ.

the azubu thing is a whole different story, but in regards to the WE player, i think GD is jumping the gun a bit.

That is because the losing team would all chat "GG" but didn't surrender vote right away. In most esports, saying GG means stop playing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CJLewis

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfDotA123 View Post
I don't know how to make this any simpler for you.

You peek at a minimap and you see a few dots. WHO CARES?

It's not cheating if both teams can do it. You have to make the decision of whether to look at your screen or look behind you. Taking your eyes off the game is very risky as it can lead to your death.

Idiot.
Lol, I'm not even the one down voting you. Maybe someday you'll learn a sense of maturity in conversation.

But in the meantime, if I had the ability to see the enemy minimap and gain vision of them 24/7, I would carry every game. ( As a main jungler as well ).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Indekkusutaku

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putzfrau View Post
a couple different times i've seen players look like they were going to stand up, then sit down for 10-20 seconds until the game actually ended.

/shrug regardless i think its pretty sketchy to see one guy glancing in one direction and automatically assume he's intentionally cheating and to band together for their DQ.

the azubu thing is a whole different story, but in regards to the WE player, i think GD is jumping the gun a bit.
I can see your point I really can, they have noise-canceling headphones but owning a pair I know they are not perfect and that the horn may have been audible, but regardless of weather he looked unprompted or looked in response to a stimuli he still looked and that is cheating, for him to look on the screen in response to a horn he would need to think he could not get the information from his own screen, so looking is still cheating.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fumiko

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putzfrau View Post
no its not. the crowd cheered and WE looked up. everyone is assuming it was to look at the map.

my only point is, even if he had seen the map, accidentally or intentional there was no information to be gained, so what would the point have been?

in this situation, what probably happened was the crowd cheered, WE player glanced towards the clg eu side most likely out of reflex, then immediately returned his gaze to his computer. even if he saw the minimap in his half second glance he got zero information. there was zero reason to spy on the minimap right now.

GD is suggesting that WE is dq'd because of one still shot that shows a player glancing in one direction. If they were cheating why did they pick the most **** all useless time to do it? and then they never did it again? that glance to see sona coming down midlane was all they needed to lock up the victory?

there's just a lot of logical leaps you have to make to get behind the acquisition that WE deliberately looked at the minimap to gain an advantage.
Thats what i was going to say. If he did see the minimap for like 0.5 second and he knew he can see the minimap find out all the information from there. Than why they NEVER EVER looked at it again? If cheat why not cheat till the end?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodOfDotA123

Junior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indekkusutaku View Post
No it is still cheating. Riot has made it clear the only legitimate way to know enemy position is via in-game mechanics, like wards or a TF ulti.
Who cares? We have a million people watching and we're having fun. This isn't Dota 2. People don't need to be so **** on rules all the time.

If screen peeking led me to get a million dollars, I'd do it too no problem.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exíle

Member

10-06-2012

Also, there is some relatively good quality screen shots of the mini-maps along with the one included on the main stream and they are identical and based upon the ways the crowd was reacting to a lot of the /ffs and the players standing up, the main screen didn't have a delay on it.