Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodOfDotA123

Junior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJLewis View Post
Calling people curse words and names on the internet, and unable to be civil. And we're idiots ?

K, secondly, if you're playing a game at your house, soloqueue, tourney, whatever. Do you have the ability to check the opponents view ? Are you able to turn off the fog on the minimap to see vision of the enemy team ? No ? Why not ? Think real hard.
I don't know how to make this any simpler for you.

You peek at a minimap and you see a few dots. WHO CARES?

It's not cheating if both teams can do it. You have to make the decision of whether to look at your screen or look behind you. Taking your eyes off the game is very risky as it can lead to your death.

Idiot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

a team mate

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putzfrau View Post
unless someone from riot can confirm or deny it, theres no way to actually determine that. the viewer is never given a shot of the players screens.
The reaction of the players and the public were on sync. And i have a friend that was there today and he told me there was no delay.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Putzfrau

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitau View Post
No there was no delay on the public screen. The delay between champion select and game time was probably load time.

a couple different times i've seen players look like they were going to stand up, then sit down for 10-20 seconds until the game actually ended.

/shrug regardless i think its pretty sketchy to see one guy glancing in one direction and automatically assume he's intentionally cheating and to band together for their DQ.

the azubu thing is a whole different story, but in regards to the WE player, i think GD is jumping the gun a bit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qooba

Senior Member

10-06-2012

btw, think for 1 minute here. Your proof right now is 1 person looking up and around his surroundings WHEN THE CROWD CHEERED AND A HORN WENT OFF. And then you claim that Azubu Frost also cheated because TSM says so? With 0 proof too? You guys are ****ing great. GD, full of tards since 2011


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Indekkusutaku

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfDotA123 View Post
I don't know how to make this any simpler for you.

You peek at a minimap and you see a few dots. WHO CARES?

It's not cheating if both teams can do it. You have to make the decision of whether to look at your screen or look behind you. Taking your eyes off the game is very risky as it can lead to your death.

Idiot.
No it is still cheating. Riot has made it clear the only legitimate way to know enemy position is via in-game mechanics, like wards or a TF ulti.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keitau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caucxican View Post
I got the first pic and added it to my stage reference photo. So no need to spam it. Best proof of possibility I've seen yet. Thank you

http://i.imgur.com/WlkYO.jpg
Actually since that screen is black it more proves the players can't see it from a sitting position. Why? Try to look at an lcd screen from the side, you won't be able to see the picture on it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by venivilivicci View Post
http://zh-tw.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/334537601

5:16:05 (Regi telling the judge about said mini map problem)

To the OP this goes. Thanks and keep up the good work.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fumiko

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indekkusutaku View Post
No, WE has a cheater not all Asian are cheaters. Don't over generalize only make statements that have evidence to back them.
Seriously Just because he looked to his left he is a cheater? it was less than a second. Every time i play at home or with my friends you walk in the game and there is nothing happening i look to my left or my right or up or at my phone. The point is that at the moment he was in there was nothing happening that would require him to stay focused on the screen so he just looked around on whats happening maybe what is the enemy team doing maybe a light shine in his direction or something to distract him and force him to look at that direction.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exíle

Member

10-06-2012

Even if this were the case, its not like anyone had an unfair advantage because anyone on any team at any point during the tournament could have looked up at that screen if they wanted to and unless you wanted to go through countless hours of recorded video to say "Omg, it looks like he could possibly be looking at the mini-map and not some other random object", then just chalk it up to everyone having the ability to look at the mini-map and fix it for next time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XoHWoX

Junior Member

10-06-2012

http://zh-tw.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/334537601
around 5:32:57 you can see tsm got pinned all top just beginning of the match

AZF peeked as well.