Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myrmidont

10-06-2012

I've found an easy fun way to get honored.

Play coops

Those guys (I know from a lot of experience) are a lot less ragey and a lot more chill

Strike up a chat and settle in for a relaxing coop game.

BOOM HEADSHOT HONOR OVERLOAD

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Are there methods in place to prevent "Crest Targeting"? For example, Upright_Citizen goes into a game with a shiny red crest above his head; TrollyMcTrollface sees him and spends the game baiting Upright_Citizen into snapping at him, or being rude, and reports him. Do the reports actually have to be confirmed by the Tribunal before the player's Honor is damaged?

N49

10-06-2012

Dose being honorable make the honor I give out more valuable?

LastProtagonist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

After thinking about this for a moment, I've noticed that I've received honor, but no additional friend requests from it.

Would adding a "Add this honorable player as a friend?" prompt after you honor someone be a nice implementation or would you have the inverse of the prisoner's island? I could see how it would get annoying, but I think adding the prompt would lead to more of a "Yeah, why not? It makes sense" feature of the honor system.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-06-2012
69 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastProtagonist View Post
After thinking about this for a moment, I've noticed that I've received honor, but no additional friend requests from it.

Would adding a "Add this honorable player as a friend?" prompt after you honor someone be a nice implementation or would you have the inverse of the prisoner's island? I could see how it would get annoying, but I think adding the prompt would lead to more of a "Yeah, why not? It makes sense" feature of the honor system.
The "Add Friend" options are very accessible too; I think ease of use is important to Honor so we would be very careful adding extra prompts or button clicks to the system unless it provided great value.

Lørd Abel

10-06-2012

How did you like today's tourney Lyte ?

Knîves

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrd Abel View Post
How did you like today's tourney Lyte ?
Honorable Opponents amirite?

LastProtagonist

10-06-2012

Thanks for the reply! =)

What if you added text to the part where you actually honor someone? Something along the lines of: Try adding honored people as friends for more positive play experiences.

Of course, that could be untrue or a bit misleading...or maybe not, who knows. I'm interested to see how the honor initiative will shape League in the future.

Ajido

10-06-2012

Lyte, I'm wondering if something would be considered abuse or okay in your eyes. I've noticed a lot of players state that they're going to honor me. They never flat out ask me to honor them, but it's pretty obviously they're looking for me to return the favor. What are your thoughts on this?

Edit: If context matters, I carried a game as Eve so I was kind of their hero. But it still seemed like an attempt to get me to honor them back. What they said in post game was something like "Good job Eve, definitely honoring you".

Sageoffire

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The "Add Friend" options are very accessible too; I think ease of use is important to Honor so we would be very careful adding extra prompts or button clicks to the system unless it provided great value.
If someone honors me, and sends a friend request because of it. i would be very unlikely to accept. unless they did something completely unrelated to honor in game that made me actually want to be a friend.

making honor suggest that you should send a friend request would just cause alot of people to have to decline people every game ...