Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isist

10-06-2012

no honor in this sucky game

worst summoners EU ruined LOL

xkhazixmaster18

10-06-2012

Lyte, I've gained a large amount of honor and as such have gotten the "honor badge". Problem is, now the topic of honor seems to come up every game i play and people are promising honor or asking for honor in game a lot. I hesitate to give someone honor in those games even if their behavior had otherwise been honorable.

Would I be punished for honoring a player who asks for honor, or are the punishments restricted only to the player who asks for it?

xkhazixmaster18

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberic View Post
I give out honor on a person-by-person basis (as opposed to "give best person teamwork bonus, leave screen"), and not if they overstep any of the lines I would not. This often means I give out 3-5 points per game.. am I giving out too many?
I wonder about this too. Especially when giving out honorable opponent honor since I usually give it to the whole enemy team when i give it out.

Daen

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xasifx View Post
Lyte, I've gained a large amount of honor and as such have gotten the "honor badge". Problem is, now the topic of honor seems to come up every game i play and people are promising honor or asking for honor in game a lot. I hesitate to give someone honor in those games even if their behavior had otherwise been honorable.

Would I be punished for honoring a player who asks for honor, or are the punishments restricted only to the player who asks for it?
I would personally say try not to give Honor to people that ask for it, because chances are they're just being nice for Honor.

desolation0

10-06-2012

Not sure if anyone has suggested this, but would be interested in seeing who I've had the good fortune to honor several times while random queueing. Folks like that can make awesome friends, but I've got a short memory for random folks.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-06-2012
67 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Does this mean I can LOSE a Crest?

And are we officially calling them Crests?
Yes, you can lose Crests. We want to encourage players to be Honorable throughout their games and if you lose a Crest, you should be very close to re-earning it if you remain Honorable.

We made Crests temporary because we didn't want players to be able to permanently unlock them and potentially go on bad behavior or toxic sprees. One of the worst experiences you could have is someone who apparently embodies Honor in League of Legends and then verbally abuses you. This is also why we made sure that a player loses all their Honor if they are banned by the Tribunal--to us, a player who is truly Honorable should never be in the 1.5% of players who are punished by the Tribunal.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-06-2012
68 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashiroth View Post
That kind of makes sense

Unless I'm wrong you mean, if I give too much honor I won't get a crest because my own honor is devalued or something?

Problem is in 80% of my wins I honor at least 1 person for teamwork, I normally play jungle and really need teamwork andsuch from people to even win, sucks that I won't get a crest because I give out too much honor tbh
No, it's about who you receive Honor from.

Let's say you have 99 Honor, but they are all from a premade friend. You are unlikely to unlock a Crest this way. You are much more likely to unlock a Crest if a bunch of random players play in your games and Honor you for being awesome.

Ladayen

10-06-2012

Sorry if it was already addressed but have you considered the possibility of an honorable player being falsely reported, wrongfully punished by tribunal. Is there a way to restore all honor lost? I know it's an unlikely scenario but not impossible.

Ghan04

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladayen View Post
Sorry if it was already addressed but have you considered the possibility of an honorable player being falsely reported, wrongfully punished by tribunal. Is there a way to restore all honor lost? I know it's an unlikely scenario but not impossible.
I remember Lyte saying that Honor is restored if you were wrongly punished.

KRYPTØNITE

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
No, it's about who you receive Honor from.

Let's say you have 99 Honor, but they are all from a premade friend. You are unlikely to unlock a Crest this way. You are much more likely to unlock a Crest if a bunch of random players play in your games and Honor you for being awesome.

@ Lyte, Hello. I would like to suggest that you think about pre-game lobby chat. Reason being, I was in solo queue a minute ago and had a really bad experience. Literally all 4 of my teammates all picked revive and surge. Had a Darius that said he was going to be afk all game, Fiddlesticks that said he was the adc, Soraka that said he was jungling. I really wish that there was a report button for pre- game chat logs. Or at least a way to save the chat logs from it. Not only did they act bad, but they cussed me out for nothing as well. I had to dodge this queue and I should not have to sit here in a penalty time because of toxic players that do this and get away with it because there's no way to stop it. A reply would be appreciated.