WE vs CLG.eu - Poor Sportsmanship?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sabt

Recruiter

10-06-2012

After watching until the final team fight, I cannot help but view this tournament game as an extreme case of poor sportsmanship.

CLG.eu had 2 tower base advantage, nearly 9k gold lead and the baron buff going into the WE base to take their top 2 inhibitors when a team fight engages and the game crashes.

Is this display of sportsmanship is what we are to expect from a World Championship? Does anyone believe that WE would win that game and should be deserving of a another chance?

For a game that tries to promote good sportsmanship, shouldn't we expect it from the teams in the World Championship?

CLG.eu shouldn't be playing - it's a farce and a display of disrespect to them, the paying customers, and the fans that support League of Legends.

Kxtee

10-06-2012

That's a reasonable argument, but given that WE was ahead (granted, not close to ending it, but still were ahead), I don't blame them for not forfeiting.

Turbo Sawka

10-06-2012

according to your cool opinion clg.eu should have given game2 to WE. your fake desire of sportmanship is actually only wanting clg to win. ur a hipocryte and using values for own gain. ***.

ConeEtho

10-06-2012

WE had the advantage in the first crash, not so much as CLG had in the second, but still... The ideal would be if there were no crashes, but I think that for both teams it is fairer this way.

Ventlus

10-06-2012

you know if it was opposite, clg eu would do same thing seeing as they never surrender a game.

Also the 3rd match the 1st one was in WE favor but they still went onto 2nd 3rth match, its all what ifs even yea pretty sure C:LG eu would have won that last one, but what if WE would have one the first 3rd match

Commando Jarvan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

For a chance @ 1 million dollars... Sorry ide be a poor sport aas well

ConeEtho

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventlus View Post
you know if it was opposite, clg eu would do same thing seeing as they never surrender a game.

Also the 3rd match the 1st one was in WE favor but they still went onto 2nd 3rth match, its all what ifs even yea pretty sure C:LG eu would have won that last one, but what if WE would have one the first 3rd match
It wasn't even the 3rd match. It was the second. If WE had won it would have been 2x0 for them.

vège

10-06-2012

When second match crashed the game had barelly started and while WE was ahead that was hardly anything significant.

Game 3 was beyond over, CLG was going to close that game and it was Cristal clear, if I was in WE position I would have FF the game. It was over and had a clear winner.

Anyway Riot is to be blamed not the teams, This tournament could've been the best thing ever for Riot and sadly it became a HUGE Embarrassment.

PrinceSkyQ

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vège View Post
When second match crashed the game had barelly started and while WE was ahead that was hardly anything significant.

Game 3 was beyond over, CLG was going to close that game and it was Cristal clear, if I was in WE position I would have FF the game. It was over and had a clear winner.

Anyway Riot is to be blamed not the teams, This tournament could've been the best thing ever for Riot and sadly it became a HUGE Embarrassment.
even though clg.eu got baron their gold advantage wernt that big...only few k gap isnt that important in late game,i had won against cc team with baron and gold advantage b4

JakiePoo

Recruiter

10-06-2012

clg eu beat moscow 5 once when they were way behind, so anything is possible why give up the hope