Towers > dragon.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M1ST4K3N

10-06-2012

I'd say both are equally beneficial in certain circumstances. Like Tekno said, if the other team will be up shortly, it's better to not risk the turret and just grab dragon for the extra gold. Would the tower be better? Yes, but not if the other team will ace you in the process, and likely grab one of your turrets and/or dragon/baron. Instead, your team gets 190g all around from killing dragon, which means your team gains about 1k gold overall. In the overall scheme of things, 190g might not seem significant (2 wards and a potion, right?) but getting that next item before the other team can and denying them that 190g for 5 minutes will certainly put your team ahead in future team fights.

EDIT: I guess I wasn't clear enough in my wording. If going for a turret places your team out of position, then it's obviously not worth it. However, since dragon is near the middle of the map, it may be a viable, safe alternative to taking a turret. I don't think dragon will be a game changer, but it will help your team in getting back into the game.

t3hep1cf47m4n

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerstud25 View Post
I'd say both are equally beneficial in certain circumstances. Like Tekno said, if the other team will be up shortly, it's better to not risk the turret and just grab dragon for the extra gold. Would the tower be better? Yes, but not if the other team will ace you in the process, and likely grab one of your turrets and/or dragon/baron. Instead, your team gets 190g all around from killing dragon, which means your team gains about 1k gold overall. In the overall scheme of things, 190g might not seem significant (2 wards and a potion, right?) but getting that next item before the other team can and denying them that 190g for 5 minutes will certainly put your team ahead in future team fights.
if the enemy team is already in a position that they can ace you in a teamfight, 190g will not help either side in anyway.

mr underhilI

10-06-2012

its actually a bad start, because dragon will keep re spawning however towers dont. also ever 2 dragon a team takes is like winning a 5v5 fight and acing the enemy, (the amount of gold)

bongofrog

10-07-2012

Still though i'd go for the ace instead of the dragon. Giving one of the carries a double/triple/quad/ or penta is certainly going to change the game in a team fight way.

You can't let the other team just take the dragon when they want that gold will add up, however sacrificing a tower, or in this case 2 towers and an inhib was a very bad choice.