Returning Player- things to know?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azellos

10-06-2012

Hey all, i took a break from LoL a few months ago (shortly after darius came out), and i was wondering if i could get a breakdown on some meta shifts and whatnot since then.

I know that i will have to play to find out most of it, but any major changes would definitely be appreciated. Or any champs i might want to look out for, old champs that are drastically differen, etc.

Thanks for your time- i appreciate whatever info you guys have for me.

TeknoWizard

10-06-2012

Hmm. I guess I'll just say some stuff that is at least semi relevant.

-Stealth rework. No clue if this was pre-Darius or post-Darius.

-Malphite is now known as "ermagerd 2gud", and will be picked against you top lane if you run a bruiser. Counter him with an AP.

-Rengar can and will burst your ass. Be careful of him.

-Jayce is... Annoying. Very annoying.

-Lux support is way more common. And for the most part, REALLY bad. Discourage it.

-Ezreal is now considered one of the best ADC's out there now. Meh.

-This is all now the League of Draven.

Uncanny Doom

10-06-2012

Evelynn and Katarina were remade and are both much more viable now. Katarina counters lots of the common/strong AP picks mid, while Evelynn is extremely strong, considered overpowered by some. Eve has been banned like ten times during worlds and the one time she was picked did great.

Azellos

10-07-2012

Ok ty for the tips.

Is Fizz the same as he used to be? He was my main back in the day.

Uncanny Doom

10-07-2012

Yeah, Fizz is the same.

Jalian

10-08-2012

he still yells shark when... its not a shark

Goaticus Maximus

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azellos View Post
Hey all, i took a break from LoL a few months ago (shortly after darius came out), and i was wondering if i could get a breakdown on some meta shifts and whatnot since then.

I know that i will have to play to find out most of it, but any major changes would definitely be appreciated. Or any champs i might want to look out for, old champs that are drastically differen, etc.

Thanks for your time- i appreciate whatever info you guys have for me.
http://tournaments.leagueoflegends.c...-day-one-recap

Go watch some of the pros who played this weekend that should catch you up on the " meta " shifting. Spoiler alert, it hasn't changed in 2 years... Not trying to sound sarcastic just saying it's pretty well built at this point, you'll see teams like clg doing some tricky swapping but it really ends up all the same in 90% of the matches.

As for tips / tricks, really they haven't changed much. Champions got re-balanced / new ones came in / do your do-dillegence and get caught up on all the new champs and their abilities / positions. After that just start playing again and work on your metrics etc.

If you are looking for High Elo Tips, Tricks, and Guides check out my youtube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/drwaddy