As a TSM fan. Just gonna say it

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeMoNGoATxXx

10-06-2012

individual skill only means so much, having a better mindset means a lot

DepressiveMan

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrackProphet View Post
TSM cant compete at a world level. They always get owned at finals.
They get owned at finals so they can't compete? Doesn't reaching the final means they can compete? They lost to maybe the best team in the world, and those weren't stomps, it was two close games, so I'm pretty sure they can compete.

KrackProphet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepressiveMan View Post
They get owned at finals so they can't compete? Doesn't reaching the final means they can compete? They lost to maybe the best team in the world, and those weren't stomps, it was two close games, so I'm pretty sure they can compete.
They would have lost to most of those teams. Maybe had a chance vs clg/we/ig but I doubt it. They stomp NA, but thats it..

Gage

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larik pwnz View Post
"everybody could"
They just have to stop being lazy then. I know TSM trained hard, but at the same time, who trained more? I would have trained harder this past 2 months knowing I could win that much money. At least they have a home, sponsors, and a salary (Many teams from each region are getting a 20k salary to play in the Season 3 Series Circuit) to keep them on their feet.

A lot of these players from around the world don't have much, sadly. But it isn't going to stop them from training their hardest and giving their best in this Season 2 final.

More importantly you guys at Riot have a lot of good friends. Wouldn't hurt to make a few more before Season 3 starts. All is fair in love and war. (What am I getting at is embrace world players and learn from them, don't be jealous or shun them, worst case that is)

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

10-06-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakarul View Post
He countered himself. It's like the lane between him and westrice never happened. I still have no idea why he did this, game 1 was lost at champ select
If their gank succeeded, he would have been ahead and would have been capable of holding his own. He was nearly even in CS up to roughly 50 and early game is the roughest part.

To answer the questions re: fandom, I chat with many of the pro players and give them encouragement, both online and at events. These guys from all over the world work hard, care a lot and are young - they are impacted by the things everyone says online a lot more than you think.

I try to help them keep some broader perspective so they can be happy and successful - the same thing I do with Rioters.

AlphariusRising

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
You're MY President Mr. Tryndamere <3

Legendary Cookie

10-06-2012

Quote:
If their gank succeeded, he would have been ahead and would have been capable of holding his own. He was nearly even in CS up to roughly 50 and early game is the roughest part.

To answer the questions re: fandom, I chat with many of the pro players and give them encouragement, both online and at events. These guys from all over the world work hard, care a lot and are young - they are impacted by the things everyone says online a lot more than you think.

I try to help them keep some broader perspective so they can be happy and successful - the same thing I do with Rioters.
Tryndamere for President of USA!

Zerglinator

10-06-2012

Quote:

President Tryndamere.

He is your worst nightmare. And he is the American Dream.

Vote Tryndamere 2012

IS17950c5e7a0344f6b3010

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryndamere View Post
tryndamere
why wont you buff yourself already?

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

10-06-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

And re: TSM overall, game 2 came down to worse ward coverage.

They built a great lead through phenomenal play and then allowed the skarner ganks to catch people due to lack of wards.

If they focus on improving their map awareness capabilities, that will help a lot.

Each team has certain aspects of their game to polish such as:
- Map awareness
- Team fighting
- Laning
- Drafting strategy
- Team composition
- Map objectives
- Opposing team analysis
Etc

As the pro scene continues to develop, each aspect will grow stronger for the teams as they structure their practice regimens more effectively, get professional management, etc.

They'll get there. Korea has had 12 years to develop a well-managed scene, whereas this is really the first time it will be possible in the West.