Fun in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cherryboy916

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGuy928 View Post
I know it's more hectic, but that doesn't stop it from pissing me off at every turn.

I always feel like I'm getting screwed by everything in absolutely every Dominion match I play. Either someone takes literally every kill I almost get in the entire game, leaving me helpless as the other team gets items, or my entire team might as well be afk at the fountain for all they contribute.

I feel like I have never once had any impact on a single game of Dominion in the past year. I know how to skirmish and whatnot, I just always get the short end of every single stick in the game. I have never done "well" in a Dominion match, unless you qualify "well" as "having the most assists in the game and being totally useless".

It consistently pisses me off more than anything else I can think of.
If you are emoraging about killstealing and it's always your teammates' fault, you'll never have fun. Pretty much you have to change your attitude.

Inkyjinx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

play Kha'zix or Evelynn or Teemo or Shaco and cause havoc.

Lhyanc

10-05-2012

I started to have a lot more fun once I had a better understanding of what was actually happening, instead of thinking it was just a grand melee.

Kiddalee

10-05-2012

Quote:
I know it's more hectic, but that doesn't stop it from pissing me off at every turn.

I always feel like I'm getting screwed by everything in absolutely every Dominion match I play. Either someone takes literally every kill I almost get in the entire game, leaving me helpless as the other team gets items, or my entire team might as well be afk at the fountain for all they contribute.

I feel like I have never once had any impact on a single game of Dominion in the past year. I know how to skirmish and whatnot, I just always get the short end of every single stick in the game. I have never done "well" in a Dominion match, unless you qualify "well" as "having the most assists in the game and being totally useless".

It consistently pisses me off more than anything else I can think of.
You don't need to close the kills though. All you need to do is control the map. In Dom, money deprivation is only pronounced in a stomp or on bottom. Assists and captures are worth a lot.

HaIfhearted

10-05-2012

Quote:
The thing about Dominion is that you can't afford to put as much emphasis on as you would in SR.

In Dominion, you need a much more team-oriented mentality.
If I go 6/6/20, I am extremely happy because that means I enabled my team to get a lot of kills, and thus probably towers.

Additionally, certain types of champions tend to get a lot more assists than kills, and vice-versa.
That's just how their kits function.

Also, kills in Dom are only worth 100 gold base, as opposed to the 300 gold kills in SR.
You don't get "screwed" if someone else on your team is getting all the kills.
The passive gold income is just so strong that it usually doesn't matter.

Veni13

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
Play your favorite champions effortlessly without having to call a lane or deal with "(insert community accepted UP champion)? LOLOL gg"
There may be a dodge penalty...but if you choose Vlad, I'm dodging your ass.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veni13 View Post
There may be a dodge penalty...but if you choose Vlad, I'm dodging your ass.
HAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, Pathetic, Vlad is actually viable here.

BduL

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
Gank bot lane.
again and again and again..

h4h4