If you analyse M5 games played...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1scythe1

10-06-2012

Based off of tsm's performance vs frost yesterday, I'd say clg.eu has a very good chance of winning, and I'm not even worried about m5 vs tpa. m5 all the way. There's a reason why all the asian teams look up to them as the best. It's because they are the best.

Xyltin

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by imgonnadiesoon View Post
You don't follow the pro scene much do you?

CLG are 1/1 with M5 at major tourny

In Korea CLG won the first 2 games of a best of 5 making Frost look like a pug group, then went and threw 3 games in row. And i do mean THREW.

And if WE can lose to Legion and Curse.na they have no hope against CLG.eu
Nope. There were 2 tourmaments where they battled each other.
One CLG.EU kicked M5 into the lower bracket, but lost to them in the finals pretty hard.
The second one M5 won against CLG.EU 2:0.
And in the third one M5 lost 0:2.

That would make it actually 2:1 for M5, a team that plays 5 times better at any important LAN event, while CLG.EU played always worse at such events.
CLG.EU also lost to SK in the regionals. SK trained with M5 to do so, and it worked. So it seems that M5 pretty much knows how to beat CLG.EU pretty easily.
Alex said before that match that SK will stomp CLG.EU after training with them, and it happened.

CLG.EU international: http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/2012_MLG_Pro_Circuit/Spring

You are very overestimating CLG.EU and underestimating the serious play of M5.

enrico swagolo

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nores View Post
No M5 played worse than they can.
That's what I am trying to understand: did they play worse because they faced a strong team or because they wanted to appear weak and not show their other strats?

TLT Phenomen

10-06-2012

Main problem facing M5 is that you can't ban their best champs due very wide champ roster of every M5 member. They're not one-trick ponies like Froggen or Hotshot.

IS1f725087a5fe8d

10-06-2012

clg u let me down bro

AquaXion

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
EU isn't really better than NA.
The only EU team that is up there is M5. CLE.EU has a chance against WE, but no real chance vs M5 or AF. And if TPA play that solid, CLG wouldn't have a chance against them, too.

M5 + Asian teams > NA and EU
TSM had the bad luck to meet AF as their first enemy.

But at the same time we have to say that Asian teams are as much as EU + NA together. It is no surprise that they are not only good teams, but (if you don't root for one but watch objectively) are also in the number advantage (you could say that they are Korea, China and the rest of Asian, but they are still all from one continent. Why don't we have 2 Canadian, 2 USA, 2 French, 2 German, ... teams?).
Na teams wins 1 games vs sk in the entire tournament. CLG.NA,TSM,DIG never take one games vs korean teams. CLG.EU beat naijin sword 3-1 and take two games of frost.

Shiralune

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
Nope. There were 2 tourmaments where they battled each other.
One CLG.EU kicked M5 into the lower bracket, but lost to them in the finals pretty hard.
The second one M5 won against CLG.EU 2:0.
And in the third one M5 lost 0:2.

You are very overestimating CLG.EU and underestimating the serious play of M5.
Actually, seeing CLG.EU is pretty much the only team I've heard to consistently beat m5 (instead of seeing 0:2 always), they have a pretty good chance.

The big thing was the Champions tournament where CLG.EU went vs Frost before. As far as I've heard, EU almost won, except they screwed up- but going 2-3 against a team that seems to usually x-0 a team seems pretty impressive to me.

I'm biased though, since I'm rooting for CLG.EU.

enrico swagolo

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLT Phenomen View Post
Main problem facing M5 is that you can't ban their best champs due very wide champ roster of every M5 member. They're not one-trick ponies like Froggen or Hotshot.
I agree. Alex Ich has played so many champions since I first saw M5 at IEM Kiev, and all I have seen Froggen play is a farmfest Karthus or Anivia.

TLT Phenomen

10-06-2012

Quote:
Actually, seeing CLG.EU is pretty much the only team I've heard to consistently beat m5 (instead of seeing 0:2 always), they have a pretty good chance.
M5 - CLG.EU 2:1 LAN right now with 5 games won by M5 and 2 games won by CLG.EU.

RavenGage

10-06-2012

How can anyone on here say CLG.EU aren't "that good"? Or anything like that.

Azubu Frost is the top team in Korea. You wanna know who the #2 is? CLG.EU. Yeah, they placed 2nd in the Korean league OGN. And they only lost in the finals in a very close 3:2. I think they're also the only team in the world with a positive record against M5 (although a lot of it was ONLINE which isn't M5's strength). Oh and lets not get into Froggen's CS records and such stuff.

I mean come on! They're good, really good. They've taken games off of and kept up with the best in Europe (M5) and Korea (Azubu). That's far better than Fnatic, SK or anyone in NA has managed this year.