Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Fortune

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
Decimating my homeland, even for the sake of saving it, would make me no better than those that razed the Ionian Countryside. Would you destroy Bilgewater to save it? If I fail at my goals, it simply means I was not trying hard enough, pushing myself far enough.

That's all...
It's kinda hard to compare the two. Pirates don't control Bilgewater... not officially, anyway. The government, worthless as it is, is full of good people. But if you're asking me if I'd rally up a fleet and rain iron hell upon Bilgewater, if it meant saving it? Without a second thought, girl. Evacuate the innocent, shoot the rest.

I know I probably just disturbed you a lot with this part of myself, girl, but I can't help it. On the streets of Bilgewater, you adopt this mindset, or you die.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xcyper33

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Riven, uh, I heard what happened at your birthday party as Katarina's place. Um, I recommend not drinking too much anymore or else someone will take advantage of you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Fortune View Post
It's kinda hard to compare the two. Pirates don't control Bilgewater... not officially, anyway. The government, worthless as it is, is full of good people. But if you're asking me if I'd rally up a fleet and rain iron hell upon Bilgewater, if it meant saving it? Without a second thought, girl. Evacuate the innocent, shoot the rest.

I know I probably just disturbed you a lot with this part of myself, girl, but I can't help it. On the streets of Bilgewater, you adopt this mindset, or you die.
It sounds like Bilgewater and yourself have more in common with the current Noxus than you might want to admit... "Kill those that disagree with your stance, allow those to live who agree with it, and only those with the bigger guns survive." You claim to hate Noxus so much, but you can't realize the similarities between the two. After all, you fought against Ionia, and for Noxus, in the rematch. Your actions speak loudly of where your loyalties lie, where your words say otherwise.

I refuse to follow that path. Violence should only be used to end the violence of others when no other option presents itself. I don't care what you decide to do in your hometown, Sarah, but I will not raze Noxus to the ground. It would only continue the cycle of hatred and propagate the negative ideals of the current system...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcyper33 View Post
Riven, uh, I heard what happened at your birthday party at Katarina's place. Um, I recommend not drinking too much anymore or else someone will take advantage of you.
((Despite, to the best of my knowledge, no one that was there talking about it, and your character not being there you magically know this? I don't approve at all. That's a blatant violation of using out-of-character knowledge. >_> ))

I don't know how you found out what happened at a private function, but I will tell you I do not like aspects of my personal life being discussed. Don't speak about it again or you'll find yourself facing down my reforged sword. I should not have to request for you to keep silent again...

I respect the privacy of others. I would hope all who were invited would do the same...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Fortune

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
It sounds like Bilgewater and yourself have more in common with the current Noxus than you might want to admit... "Kill those that disagree with your stance, allow those to live who agree with it, and only those with the bigger guns survive." You claim to hate Noxus so much, but you can't realize the similarities between the two. After all, you fought against Ionia, and for Noxus, in the rematch. Your actions speak loudly of where your loyalties lie, where your words say otherwise.

I refuse to follow that path. Violence should only be used to end the violence of others when no other option presents itself. I don't care what you decide to do in your hometown, Sarah, but I will not raze Noxus to the ground. It would only continue the cycle of hatred and propagate the negative ideals of the current system...
My parents were murdered when I was a child, Riven. Do you really think I feel no sympathy for Ionians, and the horrible things your people... YOU did to them? Of course I do. But yeah, fine, I'm a selfish woman. Noxus is the only nation that gives Bilgewater any kind of economy. If Noxus lost Ionia like they did, they lose money, and when they lose money, so do we. You don't realize how much piracy skyrocketed since Noxus was forced out of Ionia. How many people have lost their livelihoods and their lives because of it. There was more to that war than just Noxus and Ionia. The people who took Ionia over can rot in the void until the end of time, but once the war was over, Noxus losing Ionia hurt way more people than it helped.

...and don't you dare accuse me of supporting what Noxus is like now. I hunt thieves and murderers. That's more than I can say about the kinds of people YOU'VE killed, girl, or the reasons why. Civilian or otherwise.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Fortune View Post
My parents were murdered when I was a child, Riven. Do you really think I feel no sympathy for Ionians, and the horrible things your people... YOU did to them? Of course I do. But yeah, fine, I'm a selfish woman. Noxus is the only nation that gives Bilgewater any kind of economy. If Noxus lost Ionia like they did, they lose money, and when they lose money, so do we. You don't realize how much piracy skyrocketed since Noxus was forced out of Ionia. How many people have lost their livelihoods and their lives because of it. There was more to that war than just Noxus and Ionia. The people who took Ionia over can rot in the void until the end of time, but once the war was over, Noxus losing Ionia hurt way more people than it helped.

...and don't you dare accuse me of supporting what Noxus is like now. I hunt thieves and murderers. That's more than I can say about the kinds of people YOU'VE killed, girl, or the reasons why. Civilian or otherwise.
...

What do you want me to say, Sarah? Do you want me to coddle you and tell you I'm sorry for your loss? Do you want me to tell you that you did the right thing by supporting Noxus, the very same Noxus that you supposedly hate with such passion? Or do you want me to simply agree with you that you're a better person than me? Someone who's killed many for the sake of her homeland, killed warriors and innocent people alike because the ideals of her nation ordered it, claimed it was right, made it seem allowable?

You supported Noxus against the chosen champions of those wronged by Noxus, Sarah. Justify it any way you like, but you still knowingly raised your weapons against them. It would have been better for you, for Bilgewater, if the war-ravaged people of Ionia continued to suffer under the boot of Noxus? Families torn apart, parents stolen away from children by death just as yours were, a land of natural beauty, tradition, and strength, torn asunder for whatever Noxus deemed fit?

You supported the very people you claim to hunt and kill, Sarah Fortune, because you felt it would help your hometown prosper. You were willing to throw an entire nation of people under the boot of oppression, subject them to the things you despise, simply so you could live more comfortably. THAT is what I'm hearing from you. Where is the justice, the fairness in that? Exploitation of others for personal gain is wrong, no matter where it comes from. Noxus hasn't changed from then to now, and you supported them then. You supported them, murderers, thieves, oppressors, because it was convenient for you, and nothing else.

But, you're right. I have killed people that were not murderers or thieves. I've killed many of them. I have done horrible unspeakable things, all in the name of my homeland. I know my crimes... They are many, and haunt me every moment of my life. In the waking world... In my dreams... It doesn't matter. They're always with me... But, having changed that day on the fields, having seen the errors of my past actions, I have tried to atone for my sins in every way I can...

Every ounce of monetary wealth I get I give to Ionian and Freljordian charities to help rebuilding efforts. I have a roof over my head, free meals, because I am a champion. Many do not, because of me, and because of Noxus... When I fight on the fields, I fight with all my ferocity and strength to make sure another Ionia, another Freljord, doesn't happen. I fight to free my countrymen from the darkness that pervades Noxus, and show them a path to true strength, not exploitation... That is the person you see out there, Sarah. If I don't fight for them, no one will, and as I'm the only one fighting for so much, I cannot afford to lose.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

st0pb0t

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Riven receives an unmarked package in the mail. It has no return address, no fingerprints, and no outward sign of identification. But for one with even a hint of common sense, it wouldn't be hard to discern from who it originated.

It was a VHS tape. On it was three hours of Riven's drunken antics from her birthday party at Katarina's summer home, rife with hilarious moments of childish speech, accidental groping, and face stuffing. Towards the end would be a few seconds of silence and black screen, then a new scene pops up with a sign that reads: "This is only a copy" and someone with blue hands giving a peace sign.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Fortune

Senior Member

10-07-2012

(You better be reading this stuff, reds. @RiotRunaan )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
...

What do you want me to say, Sarah? Do you want me to coddle you and tell you I'm sorry for your loss? Do you want me to tell you that you did the right thing by supporting Noxus, the very same Noxus that you supposedly hate with such passion? Or do you want me to simply agree with you that you're a better person than me? Someone who's killed many for the sake of her homeland, killed warriors and innocent people alike because the ideals of her nation ordered it, claimed it was right, made it seem allowable?

You supported Noxus against the chosen champions of those wronged by Noxus, Sarah. Justify it any way you like, but you still knowingly raised your weapons against them. It would have been better for you, for Bilgewater, if the war-ravaged people of Ionia continued to suffer under the boot of Noxus? Families torn apart, parents stolen away from children by death just as yours were, a land of natural beauty, tradition, and strength, torn asunder for whatever Noxus deemed fit?

You supported the very people you claim to hunt and kill, Sarah Fortune, because you felt it would help your hometown prosper. You were willing to throw an entire nation of people under the boot of oppression, subject them to the things you despise, simply so you could live more comfortably. THAT is what I'm hearing from you. Where is the justice, the fairness in that? Exploitation of others for personal gain is wrong, no matter where it comes from. Noxus hasn't changed from then to now, and you supported them then. You supported them, murderers, thieves, oppressors, because it was convenient for you, and nothing else.

But, you're right. I have killed people that were not murderers or thieves. I've killed many of them. I have done horrible unspeakable things, all in the name of my homeland. I know my crimes... They are many, and haunt me every moment of my life. In the waking world... In my dreams... It doesn't matter. They're always with me... But, having changed that day on the fields, having seen the errors of my past actions, I have tried to atone for my sins in every way I can...

Every ounce of monetary wealth I get I give to Ionian and Freljordian charities to help rebuilding efforts. I have a roof over my head, free meals, because I am a champion. Many do not, because of me, and because of Noxus... When I fight on the fields, I fight with all my ferocity and strength to make sure another Ionia, another Freljord, doesn't happen. I fight to free my countrymen from the darkness that pervades Noxus, and show them a path to true strength, not exploitation... That is the person you see out there, Sarah. If I don't fight for them, no one will, and as I'm the only one fighting for so much, I cannot afford to lose.
I may have pointed my guns at them, Riven, but YOU'RE the one who raised your blade against their women and children. Crying, on their knees in front of you, begging for mercy, and you cut them down like a butcher. And yet you criticize me, for what? For trying to do right by my home, seven years after you gave Ionia to Noxus, to protect thousands of beggars and their sorry excuse for an economy?

Let me tell you something, Riven. I have no problem with Demacia, or Piltover, or Freljord. They might be oppressive, or cooky, or have nothing of value but unlimited rocks for their scotch, but if that's how they want to live, fine, whatever. But I've given more gold to male strippers than any of them have given to Bilgewater. So you know what? Yes, it was easy to point Shock and Awe in their direction. Demacia preaches uprooting the weeds of whatever the hell, Piltover is this shining wonderland of technology and wealth, and neither of them have even tried to help all the good people in Bilgewater. Where's the army of blue and gold, coming to tear that murderer off the bar maid who's been sexually violated eight times in her life? Where's the injection of Piltovian funds, creating jobs so people don't have to resort to piracy just to feed their families? Those self righteous hypocrites spend all their time acting like they're nothing like Noxus, but at the end of the day, they don't care enough to SPIT in our direction.

The theft, the murders, the slavery, you know who's fighting to end it all? Me, Riven. Me. I'm the only one who gives a damn. Oh sure, there are others, and hell, even Gangplank is a force of good in his own selfish way, with all the pirates he's stabbed off the plank. But where's the Might of Demacia to shine his light of justice on the dark, sordid corners of my home? Too busy executing litterers? Where's the feared and revered Sheriff of Piltover? Hell, where's the Butcher of Ionia? The only people who have spouted more than words, the only people who have ever bothered to give a coin or a blade is Noxus. The only person outside of Bilgewater I've ever seen kill a pirate is Katarina. So forgive me if I don't care about any of the rest of them when push comes to shove.

I'm sorry for the people of Ionia, I'm sorry for the families ripped apart by the war and the occupation. But seven YEARS passed by the time that rematch happened. Those people were oppressed, sure, and all the sadistic maniacs in Noxus need to be given to Fizz's shark. But there was no more war, no more genocide. Meanwhile, in Bilgewater, we were just beginning to scrape together some scrap of an economy, thanks to all the prosperity Noxus was enjoying. It was still a wasteland of theft and murder, but there was a vague light at the end of the tunnel. And then we lost, and the tunnel caved in. We lost half our funding, Riven. Homes burned to the ground are a common sight. Murdered bodies in the streets and alleys, people screaming for help as they're mugged or assaulted, women who have been attacked so many times they don't even fight the predator anymore. This is my life, Riven, this is what I look out the window and see, day in and day out. So if I raised my gun to protect what few scraps of gold we had, at the expense of pacifist monks who set themselves on fire instead of doing it to the enemy, I hope you'll find it in your bloodsoaked heart to forgive me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

10-07-2012

I find your accusations heavily exaggerated, but, regardless, I've had my fill of this discourse. Continued arguing will get no one anywhere. If you think your home town is such an awful place, and you seek to change it, that's fine. I disagree with your actions taken against Ionia as I don't believe it was the correct course of action, especially when they were fighting to free their homeland from oppression.

Whatever the case, I will continue to live my life as I see fit. And I assume you will do the same.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelicious View Post
Riven receives an unmarked package in the mail. It has no return address, no fingerprints, and no outward sign of identification. But for one with even a hint of common sense, it wouldn't be hard to discern from who it originated.

It was a VHS tape. On it was three hours of Riven's drunken antics from her birthday party at Katarina's summer home, rife with hilarious moments of childish speech, accidental groping, and face stuffing. Towards the end would be a few seconds of silence and black screen, then a new scene pops up with a sign that reads: "This is only a copy" and someone with blue hands giving a peace sign.
*Riven promptly destroyed the tape after watching it, then wrote a response to Evelynn*

If you so much as think about showing that tape to ANYONE, suffice it to say it will take more than your invisibility to stop me from hunting you down and forcing it down your throat. You have no right to parade my personal life around for your own demented and deluded amusement, nor any right to that tape either. If you thought I hated you before, Widowmaker, you've seen nothing yet. You're absolutely disgusting...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Fortune

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
I find your accusations heavily exaggerated, but, regardless, I've had my fill of this discourse. Continued arguing will get no one anywhere. If you think your home town is such an awful place, and you seek to change it, that's fine. I disagree with your actions taken against Ionia as I don't believe it was the correct course of action, especially when they were fighting to free their homeland from oppression.

Whatever the case, I will continue to live my life as I see fit. And I assume you will do the same.
*various things are written and erased here, mostly stuff like 'exaggerating?!' and 'how dare you'* *a drink ring sits atop the erased portion* *the rest is written in a clearly different ink*

Sorry, girl. No hard feelings.

You should know that, between the time I wrote that, and the time I wrote this, I've been staring at the paper for about 15 minutes trying to think of what to say. Here, peace?

*enclosed are ten gold coins*