New Darius Skin (Basketball Darius)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wreak Havock

I Found Baron

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
quick sketch, But I was thinking in his animations where would the ball go? And would he have to set up the Basket everytime he ulted? the animation is so fast I don't know how we could do it without messing up gameplay. Open to suggestions.
I think the basket would just appear on ult activation and everything would be immediate.

Warrikon

10-06-2012

so iunno why i did this but i did it

only got my tablet few weeks ago... still bad at it! D:<!

Olyps

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuzFro View Post
REUPLOAD (Because no one checks player concepts and I really want this skin made)

Darius' armor will be changed to basketball attire and his axe for a hoop/backboard. On his right hand he could hold a basket ball.

His Q will be him just swinging the the backboard around like his original skin.
His W will be unchanged.
His E will be unchanged.

Now His ultimate will be where this skin should really shine. Everyone knows that Darius is the DUNK master at the moment. So why not make him actually slam dunk?
He will throw his hoop on the back of an enemy and Slam dunk his face off. Also, if riot really wants to make this skin good they should add croud cheers and a buzzer like in basket ball games.

Thank you for your time.

P.S. I'm not the best artist I tried my best to represent my idea in this quick drawing I did in math class lol.
It should stack based on how many dunk combos you pull off. After a pentakill the crowd should chant 'DA RI US! DA RI US!'

bigolfish

10-06-2012

All my money riot

TenebrousLuck

10-06-2012

Quote:
quick sketch, But I was thinking in his animations where would the ball go? And would he have to set up the Basket everytime he ulted? the animation is so fast I don't know how we could do it without messing up gameplay. Open to suggestions.
How about for the 5 stack bleeding, have a little hoop/backboard animation hover above the enemy, after Darius hits 6?

XElement

10-06-2012

Quote:
Congrats, you are now my favorite Red. Which means nothing since I'm a nobody but, reasons being:

1. You actually went along with this and took it pretty serious
2. I like your drawing skills (since I use to draw I do appraciate that stuff)

Now onto your question.
Solution? Basketball hoop champion.
Honestly, I think it would just be his joke animation instead. I mean, obviously OP meant it to be his ult. But, as you said, the animation would be too fast that you wouldn't really notice it that much or it would just be awkward looking.

So instead of it being his ult. Make it his joke.
"this is what I'll do to you guys soon enough" *dunks the ball in a hoop* something like that?

To make it his ult...I would imagine his hoop magically appears behind the enemy and darius dunks a ball onto the hoop which would be the animation.
Then the ball vanishes and the hoop is quickly back into his hands. But again, that seems like a lot to do in a short amount of time, or maybe it actually isn't in reality and just feels that way.

Mekor

10-06-2012

Maybe, if you were to keep him holding the basketball, when he uses Decimate, he throws the ball up in the air then catches it after the spin or something like that 3:

Ark Angel HFB

10-06-2012

Why not have him throw the ball off of them... then slam the goal down and the ball kinda stays on the goal for a second.

Nyax

10-06-2012

Actually Darius is such a dumb champion (Noxus' Garen) it wouldn't be weird he plays basketball without ball...
What's more you can't decently OS someone with a basket ball. Just make his axe a basket board which he would fight with. It gets along with the character : giant basket board in your face !
As other said, keep the balls for the blood tears animation and the joke/taunt (a real dunk this time).