@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

League Logic

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchigoKitty View Post
There are very few females that go into a game and announce they are female....
It mostly comes up while chatting with a friend in-game. 99% of the games I play, I'm playing with my boyfriend or friends.
And no, if you start up a game of LoL and say "he" or your male friends name, you're more than likely not going to have someone flame you for having a wang.
Point proven. What's the problem, again? Females are treated differently? Only if they reveal themselves to be so, if that's the case. As you stated, very few do this.

What's happening here is an entitlement argument. A plea for fairness. Well, life was never fair, and I doubt it ever will be.

I can't recall seeing anyone being flamed for being female until she starts talking about how unfair everything is. That only infuriates the community, and leaves the poor girl wide open for some trolling.

madjai

10-06-2012

Quote:
There are very few females that go into a game and announce they are female....
It mostly comes up while chatting with a friend in-game. 99% of the games I play, I'm playing with my boyfriend or friends.
And no, if you start up a game of LoL and say "he" or your male friends name, you're more than likely not going to have someone flame you for having a wang.
You cannot be serious.

Use skype if you're going have those sorts of conversations that become personal or interactive. Or just plain don't say "she" in chat if you're that worried. If you're mainly playing with your friends, play with 4 and don't say anything to the opposing team unless you are ready and willing to cop flak for it.

Garnet

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryLemur View Post
It sounds like the problem is with the lack of a gender neutral first person pronoun in English. Try having your friends refer to you as "my friend" instead of "she" if it continues to be a problem for you.

Also keep in mind that you are probably hurting the feelings of hopelessly single people when you talk about having a bf/gf during game.
ok this is dumb
this is just silly

making a big deal about your gender, saying "hey guys I'm a girl whee" completely unprovoked, yes, that's a little unnecessary (don't think it's the super crazy big deal a lot of people make it out to be, but it's certainly not necessary)

referring to a friend as 'she'? shouldn't be a goddamn problem. If someone is having a fit about that, it's their problem, not mine or the person who referred to me as 'she' while speaking to/about me in game. I'm not going to feel bad about that. They can act like a child 'omg a girl on the internet i have to make her feel inferior hurf hurf' but I'm not going to punish myself or a friend for using the language the way it was intended.

rant over

StunnedandSlayed

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by suns song View Post
buh wuh

just because a girl is streaming and just because they're not 2k elo doesn't mean that they're using their boobs for anything omg

not all streamers are 2k elo anyway, look at Rexgar (my favourite!), he's only like 1200 or something and he still gets views

like I'm not denying that there are certainly girls out there that use their figure for attention but I really think you're oversimplifying this and lumping all female streamers together. some does not equal all
So your going to tell me if they weren't girls they would have just as many viewers?

I know thats not true because people like Dyrus and Scarra work hard to build their fanbase.

I know of a few girl streamers who are actually decent players, but sorry the majority just flat out suck.

Whats funny is a girl told me that.

xStrawberryKitty

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryLemur View Post
It sounds like the problem is with the lack of a gender neutral first person pronoun in English. Try having your friends refer to you as "my friend" instead of "she" if it continues to be a problem for you.

Also keep in mind that you are probably hurting the feelings of hopelessly single people when you talk about having a bf/gf during game.
Point being, I and other females who play this game shouldn't have to ask their friends to address them as "my friend."

Firellius

10-06-2012

I would also like to point out the art style. Females pretty much all get a really smooth skin which is attractive.

It's easiest to notice in Varus' default splash art. Below the chest belt his skin is fairly smooth, but above the chest belt it's a paste.

And Lee Sin doesn't look very sexy to me because his skin seems to be made out of wicker.

Pentakill Olaf does have smooth skin, and so does the new splash art for Tryndamere, but most guys have to settle on paste or wicker for skin.

Also, Dragonblade Talon has a very sexy right arm. For what we can see of it at least.

Now imagine a flirty Talon skin with that kind of art style, and with him being barechested, showing off his very attractive physique. Wouldn't that be somewhat sexualised male?

Crowcaine

10-06-2012

You miss the point completely OP. Nobody is denying the sexualization of the female champions. The point is, most of the playerbase is male and most of it is adolescent as well, so obviously riot will be catering to this playerbase through sexy female champions. I'd actually like most females to be desexualized just a bit, the anorexic body and massive boobs look unrealistic compared to each other and ruin the immersion into the game. Leona's default is personally one of my favorite skins in the entire game. Seriously though, it shouldn't bother you that all these females are sexualized, it's just business and nobody is taking it seriously and making judgements that women are *** toys because of it. Anyone who does has had that opinion before, or is only making jokes. Stop being so sensitive.

By the way, its far more often than not that people like me get flamed and downvoted and have what they're saying twisted around than you. Just look around the forums.

Garnet

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLurch View Post
So your going to tell me if they weren't girls they would have just as many viewers?

I know thats not true because people like dyrus and Scarra work hard to build their fanbase.

I know of a few girl streamers who are actually decent players, but sorry the majority just flat out suck.

Whats funny is a girl told me that.
are they funny? do they put together an entertaining stream? then yeah they might. Like I said, there are a few popular streamers (REXGAR!) that are both male and not high elo but have a decent fanbase nonetheless.

look all I'm saying is that it's not fair to lump all female streamers/gamers together because a few pulled attention to their figure. Only female streamers are going to get **** for having a webcam whether they're deliberately pulling focus to their cleavage or not, because 'omg they must be trying to get attention because they are a girl on the internet'

when in reality that's probably not the case for most of them... it's just some guys throwing a fit about it, giving them that attention they're complaining about, and then trying to throw that back in their face like it was somehow their fault to begin with. It's like damned if you do, damned if you don't. Female streamer that doesn't have a webcam: must be too fat/ugly, let's make fun of them. Female streamer that does have a webcam: what an attention *****!

Krejdar

10-06-2012

Quote:
Point being, I and other females who play this game shouldn't have to ask their friends to address them as "my friend."
My boyfriend refers to me as his friend in game because we both know people on the internet have a 99.9% chance of being retarded. It's safer this way, and we both don't mind doing so as long as we get to play together and have fun.

Xengre

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dardstar View Post
-Darius (age or not he is still in damn good shape)
-Draven (while his direct style, such as his beard leaves something to be desired he isn't 'ugly)
-Ezreal
-Garen
-Gangplank (you really think 30 is to old to be sexy?)
-Jarvin
-Lee Sin
-Olaf
-Pantheon
-TF
-Xin
Good point with the male line-up... these are what would definitely be considered "sexualized" male champions that fit the usual mold women supposedly find appealing. This list, actually covers enough areas to almost entirely render the sexist topic completely moot. I never went through the entire line-up myself in detail to realize that, but it is pretty obvious after your post.