@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaristinnQT

Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLurch View Post
You better not ever walk down the street because you'll see alot of curves. What are you a quaker? All women should wear dresses to cover thier elbows and knees. Get real man its the 21st century.
OP is ****shaming.

Really don't get radfems. One minute they're complaining about how it should be the right of a girl to dress however provocatively she wants, and then the next minute they're complaining about sexualization of female characters.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wyatt Cole

Member

10-05-2012

Great points made, though not all that I agree with. The idea of what makes a male champion attractive is severely marginalizing and the whole no-one-likes-super-muscular-guys is debatable but I digress, I hope a red responds.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mikhaelis

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Problem is, boys want sex, girls want to have fun. When they grow up, men want sex, women want shopping. When they get older, grandpas want sex, (if possible), grandmas want to talk and discuss relationship, to travel, etc...

It seems male genre is always focused on sex, while females are focused elsewhere. Testosterone mediates sexual impulses, including in the females (that's why men are much more sex dependant than women). LoL is a game played in the vast majority by men/boys, so the outfits and skins are eye candies to please the men's eyes. I am 32yo right now and I am indifferent about those sexist details (I am heterosexual, I mean I am indifferent about virtual concepts of the opposite sex). I really think women are a so beautiful kind of living being, that showing them in good outfits just expresses how their curves and beautyfulness are a nice part of the nature, and why not show it.

My apologies about possible grammar/syntax mistakes, I am a bit sleepy right now.

Please @Riot, remove the word s.e.x from the language filter, I think it's a bit of an exaggeration...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcqe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Shaella is not actually a girl. Just putting that out there.
This is true. Shaella is actually a cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhaelis View Post
Problem is, boys want sex, girls want to have fun. When they grow up, men want sex, women want shopping. When they get older, grandpas want sex, (if possible), grandmas want to talk and discuss relationship, to travel, etc...

bad/10


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tarot witch

Senior Member

10-05-2012

I'm a girl, and this thread makes me angry.

Why do people ignore all the sexualised males? Hot men in a position of power represent an idealisation of men. People seem to think the Pentakill Olaf thread was a joke, and it probably was, but the point is quite valid. Why do you feel the need to stick up for the poor girls? I know it's in your genes, but can you please avoid giving these people attention?

If we're going into the equality route, I want more guys like Ezreal and less guys like Jayce, Draven, Darius, Varus, Graves, Lee Sin (that's going back over a year in releases).

For fairness' sake, here's the "sexualised" women released after Lee Sin: Syndra, Zyra, Fiora, Ahri, Shyvana.

Looks like one more **** is in order, no???

You know what makes girls feel uncomfortable in this game, and any game? It's people like you that a have a chance encounter with some stuck up ***** and decide to post about it, perpetuating the stereotype that girls only care about what the heroes look like, and that they feel hurt and sexualised by the big bad companies.

**** you, OP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garnet

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Gamer Cutie View Post
OP is ****shaming.

Really don't get radfems. One minute they're complaining about how it should be the right of a girl to dress however provocatively she wants, and then the next minute they're complaining about sexualization of female characters.
1) How did you gather **** shaming from this
Do you know what that term means

2) How did you get 'rad fem' from this
Do you know what that term means


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaristinnQT

Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by suns song View Post
1) How did you gather **** shaming from this
Do you know what that term means

2) How did you get 'rad fem' from this
Do you know what that term means
OP is mad that female characters are dressing sexily. I wonder what real life parallel this has. tbhthtbtbtb

And really? You're not seeing how OP sounds suspiciously like a tumblr radfem?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyarii

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Gamer Cutie View Post
OP is ****shaming.

Really don't get radfems. One minute they're complaining about how it should be the right of a girl to dress however provocatively she wants, and then the next minute they're complaining about sexualization of female characters.
OP didn't say Soraka is a ****, just said they sexualized her. OP appears to be objectively comparing the portrayal of male and female champions, and human women champions are objectified a disproportionate amount, compared to the human men champions.

But it's not all about how they are dressed. It is about the ridiculous brokeback poses and the fact that the men's cast of champions is far more diverse than the women champions. I'm not talking yordles/monsters/random, i'm talking normal human champions. Compare Lux and Garen, compare Morg and Malz. Compare Miss Fortune and Graves.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L2 Sentinel

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLurch View Post

Women have no right to dictate a game that is male dominated. Not to mention an industry that is male dominated.
And women have no right to vote in a country that is male dominated. Wait...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greyfauxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
.

My gf plays Lol and has no problem with anything you have stated. The only girl uncomfortable with anything you said, is one that isn't confident with herself.

They have released plenty of non-sexy females, including Diana. You bring up nurse Akali, but we have speedo Panth here and you don't have guys complaining. Why? Because we don't get offended. We're comfortable with ourselves.

Shocking news, plenty of girls like to play sexy female characters.
Your argument is silly and sounds immature to be honest.

Riots a good company with a ton of smart people. Stop treating woman like they're all fragile vases barely pasted together and ready to shatter.